- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This Chapter was added the same time as "Robyn's Trap!" if you're returning reader, start there.

Cleo


The string of mortals snapped, hundreds of tiny people all being forced to hold each other’s hands as the two women added more of them to the long string between them. The humans all scattered in the air as the chain fell apart, the screaming all abruptly stopped as they splattered across the floor. Cleo turned to look at Hannah who was inspecting a survivor on the floor by her foot, “What was the lesson in that? Why did we make a chain of people?” she said sincerely, curious. Hannah looked up as she moved her barefoot over the survivor, putting him out of his misery. “Lesson? There was no lesson, I simply wanted to make a chain of people to see how long they could hold onto one another.” Cleo lifted her eyebrow as she glared at her cousin, “You said you teach me to be a Goddess! You’re just playing with my people!” she started to raise her voice as she drew in power from her reserves. Hannah smirked, “Does that bother you? Someone messing with your people?” Cleo stopped drawing power as she considered, Hannah pushed further, “Because I’m going to do more, I am going to flay every last one of your worshippers, just for the fun of it!” The statement seemed genuine, no humour to Hannah’s tone and Cleo felt her rage surge. 


Cleo lashed out with her divine power, seeking to subdue her cousin, drawing on her full power she threw long ropes of blue energy. Hannah stood stone still as the large tendrils of power wrapped around her. Then she locked eyes with the pissed goddess and smiled, “You’ll need more power than that if you want me to notice…” she mocked cruelly.  Clap tried to crush the woman with her power, imagining the ropes dragging the smirking girl to her knees. Nothing happened, the power seemed to slip and slide across the woman without taking purchase. Hannah stepped towards the temple wall, Cleo’s divine power still pretending to hold onto her as she knocked on the wall. The side of Cleo’s temple fell away, crumbling to dust as her cousin casually knocked against it. Hannah tilted her head towards Cleo as she stepped out into the small city outside, “You had better find a way to stop me, I am going walk in your Eden until my feet are a deep crimson.”


Hopelessness crept over Cleo as she pushed her power against Hannah’s body, her cousin was now casually strolling over her city, her worshippers being extinguished beneath the woman’s feet as she didn’t even acknowledge the death she was causing, choosing instead to gaze at the stars as she walked. Cleo cried out as her power surged, drawing on more power than she had ever done before. “STOP! AT LEAST ENJOY THE SACRIFICE!” she yelled, feeling her skin burn as incredible amounts of divine power pushed through her and into Hannah. The teal Goddess clicked her tongue as she swept her feet in a huge motion, “There, I indulged in a couple thousand, feel better?” she teased as she resumed her walk towards the next city. 


The foreign goddess was leaving a trail of pointless destruction across Cleo’s world as she followed, her power still trying to lash her superior cousin. Cleo’s skin had burned from the amount of energy she was forcing herself to channel but it still had no effect at all on Hannah. The woman had moved as if Cleo wasn’t even there. As They reached the next city Cleo fell to her knees, the power failing as she crumpled. “What do you want…”she said teary-eyed. Hannah spun on the balls of her feet giggling, “To take everything from you of course!” she chirped joyfully, kicking over a few more buildings before resuming her walk, leaving Cleo kneeling and defeated. 


As Cleo kneels on the outskirts of the city, the small gathering of mortals by her knee caught her eye. She focused on them as she gave them a weak smile. “I can’t stop her…” she said watching as the group of twenty or so all fell to their knees in supplication. They still believed at least, she thought to herself as she felt the power of their worship tingle against her knee. “...wait...that’s it…” Cleo spoke softly as she raised back onto her feet, glaring after Hannah, “This is still MY world!” she said defiantly, her blonde cousin not even turning as she dragged feet carelessly through the city. Cleo resumed drawing power from her reserves as her eyes blazed once more. Her voice thundered as she amplified it, sending a shockwave around the world, “PEOPLE OF EARTH, YOUR GODDESS NEEDS YOU WORSHIP, PRAY TO ME, PRAY FOR SALVATION OR THE WORLD IS LOST!” she yelled. 


Hannah stopped and turned to face her, the largest grin on her face. Cleo was beyond angry as her world obeyed. Cleo breathed deep as sucked the last of the reserves, compounding it with the joint worship of her world she glared at Hannah, the power overwhelmed her as she tried to lash out. Cleo blacked out.


Her head spun as she glanced up into the ceiling of her bedroom. She felt feverish as she rasped, “Water…” lifting her hand to conjure it, nothing came. Hannah was sat next to her, smiling warming down at her, a glass of water in her hand. “Welcome back sleepy,” she said in a kind voice. Cleo took the water and drank deeply as she sat up. “What happened?” she asked weekly. Hannah shrugged, “five billion or so dead, turns out that what it takes…” the casual tone a stark contrast to the words. Cleo mouthed the number in confusion as she took another sip of water. “You killed five...billion…” she said accusingly. Hannah giggled, “No silly, you did, A planet-wide snuff, you sucked their energy right from their bodies!”


Cleo fell backwards onto her bed, she knew it was true, she had felt it, in her desperate desire for power, she had latched onto those praying to her and taken them. Tears formed in her yes as Hannah snorted. “They aren’t real, none of this is, It’s all your mother’s simulation…” the words only served to piss Cleo off more, “Robyn’s sisters are real, they exist!” She whimpered as she thought about all of her servants that she had absorbed. Hannah stood and shook her head, “It’s totally fucked up what your mother did here…” she said with a snarky tone. Cleo glared at her and lashed out with her arm, a sharp streak of dark blue energy striking hannah. 


The Teal Goddess screamed as the lashing of divine energy cut through her barriers, splitting her skin and sending her spiralling off the world into space. “OOOOUCH!” Hannah screamed as her eyes burned teal, her skin healing as she glared down towards the world she had been thrown from. Cleo stared at her hand in amazement, she had attacked Hannah and it had hurt her. Her cousin appeared in the hole in the wall, her power radiating around her as she glared at Cleo. Cleo held her hands up defensively,” Sorry! I didn’t mean to! I’ve never been able to…” Hannah screamed and pushed a wave of power forward, pinning Cleo to the bed. “AS I WAS ABOUT TO SAY,” she screamed, “I DID WHAT I HAD TO SO YOU COULD ASCENT CORRECTLY!” the teal goddess approached, waves of power locking Cleo down. 


Cleo struggled against the pressure, pushing back with her own power, to her surprise it seemed to work. The waves of teal power being broken against her own blue barrier. Cleo laughed as she stood. “I can feel you, I can feel your power,” she said as she held her ground against the enraged Hannah. The waves of power stopped as her cousin backed down, her eyes returning to normal as he took a deep breath, “Yes, we are both the second generation, Now you’ve found your power, we can return to our mothers. There are dangers in this universe that you need to be made aware of.”


 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

--

 

If you feel generous and want to add a chapter to this, request your own story, or just toss me a penny for moral support! Then have a glance at my ko-fi
https://ko-fi.com/justfortribute