- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Joyce takes Robyn away for a while

Robyn’s Lesson

Robyn


The sudden field trip made her feel a sense of unease as she followed Joyce through the portals to Olympia, her first time visiting her girlfriends home. As the two existed Joyce offered a polite nod to the two male technicians in the Olympian portal room, Robyn stared at them in shock, “Cleo never mentioned there were male gods!” she exclaimed as she found herself locking eyes with one of the men working the strange consoles. Joyce giggled as she waved her hand dismissively, Male Olympians have no aptitude for magic, and even our powers are significantly less impressive while in Olympia, it’s only in the mortal worlds that we are true gods, Robyn felt herself flexing her powers, her teacher was right of course, she could feel the restraints on her abilities. The Archmage continued, “Olympian men are superior to most mortal men though, stronger, tougher, largely magic resistant but they have the opposite reaction when visiting mortal worlds, while we women surge in power, drawing energy from the population, our men find themselves reduced to near mortal strength, as a result nearly all of them choose to live and work exclusively in Olympia. Robyn nodded as she listened, noticing how many people there were, “I always thought this would be a place of Gods and Goddesses, it looks like a normal city, albeit cleaner…” she commented as she was led out of a huge building and into an open garden area flanked by tall buildings. Joyce pressed a button on a nearby panel and turned back to face her, “We live much like many other societies, the main difference being that we are powered by the worship of the mortal worlds, Our Immortal Queen Cassandra monitors the flow of divine energy, keeping the universe in balance, it is the job of our best and brightest young women to cycle the power back to Olympia and then our civilisation uses it to maintain the universe, Our divine sovereign understands that too much power focused in one location is dangerous, so we pulse it back and forth between the worlds.” The older woman explained as the glass shuttle arrived before them, “Jump in, I don’t want to bore you with magical theory today, I want to show you true power.”  she finished as the two women stepped into the transparent vehicle and took seats.

Robyn was awestruck as they flew through the sprawling city, A large multi-spired palace sat in the middle of large rings of buildings and gardens. The small shuttle joined a convoy of similar craft as it descended towards the palace. “Where are we going?” she finally asked as the wonder subsided in the traffic. There was no answer as they finally broke from the stream of shuttles and shot off into a long tunnel, the young red-head found herself hypnotised by the flashing lights as they slowly landed in a narrow dock. Joyce stood and offered her hand to a scanner on the shuttle door, after a few moments it offered a satisfying jingle and the doors slid open, “This, My dear student, is the Stellar Nursery, Where we spawn, nurture and eventually distribute new worlds into the Universe.” she said sagey, gesturing for Robyn to follow her into the gloom.

King Kenneth Holmes

The assembled crowd were gathered in the courtyard of his castle, The King of Nvodria’s 25th Birthday Celebration and by royal decree, the population of his kingdom had been politely ordered to assemble around his residence in honour of him.  “Is it not a glorious sight, so many here to celebrate my birthday!” he chuckled from his balcony, the three serving women around him nodding vigorously in acknowledgement. “Today is the day, Today is the day we ascend to true patriarchy, As my gift to myself I am taking ownership of all women in the kingdom and leasing that ownership to their husbands and fathers, Are you not excited to be free of legal responsibility?” he said staring at his serving girls with a smirk, the three women all nodded in agreement as they stared at the floor. He strode past his servants back into his study, His loyal lords standing around a table, goblets of wine raised in salute as the young king sat at his desk as peered down at his formal decree, “With the signing of this bill, I secure the future strength of our nation, improving the lives for both peasants and nobles across the continent, streamlining our legal processes and officially stripping the legal burdens from our women!” he declared happily as he picked up his quill, dipped the ink and rested it on the paper to sign. Just before his pen made the stroke one his serving girls spoke up, “Your majesty, Are you sure you want to enslave 50% of your people?” she said meekly from behind the desk. He sneered at her as he slowly and deliberately swirled his signature on the new law, “Absolutely…” he said with a venomous tone. As his pen left the paper, the room started to shake, the meek maid looked up, confidence in her eyes as she stared at the confused looking king, “Then you have signed the fate of this world.” she said with finality as she evaporated into smoke. The panic struck the room as the king leapt to his feet, “What the hell is going on, Where did she go!” he bellowed as he rushed to the balcony, The whole castle was shaking violently as he gripped the rails for balance. Looking out across the crowds he found they had all been knocked prone in the earthquakes, buildings were collapsing in the distance as the sky fell dark.

 His lords joined him on the balcony as the shadow passed and the rumbling stopped, the once blue sky took on a pale colour as a large face as broad as the moon stared down on them from the heavens. The feminine face frame by short blonde hair seemed familiar as her gaze swept across them, Kenneth slowly came to comprehend what he was looking at, “Cynthia? That’s Cynthia!” he called out as her massive eyes seemed to lock onto him from beyond their world. The sound was all-consuming, suppressing all others as her lips slowly started moving, her words crisp and clear, “NVODRIA, SEED 34241, YOU HAVE FAILED QUALITY ASSURANCE AND WILL NOW BE DELETED, FAREWELL!” the celestial face declared in a cool calm tone, her gaze moving from the kingdom to something below her breasts out of sight. Kenneth and his lords started to yell in protest as another voice rang out across their world, “CYNTHIA! YOU STILL WORK IN QA?” the new voice sounded older, Kenneth turned to his advisors, “Well? Ideas?” he said in a panic as another Moon sized face appeared in the sky and older women with long brunette hair. “MISTRESS JOYCE! WONDERFUL TO SEE YOU AGAIN, I AM IN QA UNTIL A NEW POSITION IN SEEDING OPENS, YOU KNOW HOW IT IS, WHOS YOUR FRIEND?” Kenneth stared up in horror as the third face appeared, looming over their world with hunger in her eyes, the new redhead was transfixed on them as she came into view.  “THIS ROBYN, SHE’S A NEW STUDENT OF MINE,” the brunette started as the redhead spoke, “IS THAT A PLANET...A REAL PLANET..” the new woman said as her tongue appeared from between her lips. Kenneth ran back to his desk and grabbed his new law, “Quick, get a fire going, let’s burn this thing, Jasper, draft me a new law quickly, put the women in charge! Do it now!” he turned to his serving girl, “Miriam was it? Congratulations on your promotion to Queen, now let’s make it official!”  he said in a panic as his staff went to work.
Cynthia’s giggles reverberated from every surface as she responded to the new girl, “YES; THIS IS NVODRIA 34241, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DELETE IT AND REPURPOSE THE ENERGY” she spoke so casually, Kenneth could not believe the words were in regards to not just him but the whole world. “DELETE IT?” the redhead said with a concerned tone that gave Kenneth mild hope as he dared to look up at them again from his balcony, The brunette woman was now staring down over them as well, “WHEN A WORLD FAILS QA; WE RECLAIM THE ENERGY AND SEED A NEW ONE, THIS ONE MUST NOT BE WORTHY OF A GODDESS,” she spoke just as casually as Cynthia. Kenneth turned back to his staff, “Okay, I appear to of misread a few things about the future I envisioned over the last few weeks, I may have taken a few things the wrong way…” he admitted as the room turned to him, Jasper broke the silence, “What did you do?” he said concerned as Miriam finally found her voice, “Cynthia asked him about his plans for the kingdom...he may have beat her for speaking out of turn.” Kenneth turned to the woman with an arm raised before catching his actions, “Yeah, I may have done that.” “MIND IF I?” a voice echoed through the castle, “OH, GO AHEAD.” Cynthia’s voice came in reply as Kenneth returned to the balcony. Jasper and Miriam joined Kenneth as the huge redhead loomed closer, her hair cascading down from her shoulders as it smashed into the ground miles from them, clouds of debris visible from the vast distance they were from the damage. “Oh Gods what is she doing!” Jasper said in a panic, Miriam snapped, “I think it’s safe to say Goddesses now!” she complained as she turned to Kenneth, “Do it, Make me Queen, Maybe we can stop this!” Kenneth nodded but before he could turn away a huge hand came through the clouds, one long finger extended. They all stared in horror as the massive digit fell like a meteor into the High Mountains, the castle shook as the finger crashed through the large mountain range, “COOOOL” the celestial woman chirped happily, The ground kept shaking with ferocity as the divine finger dragged itself around the surface of their kingdom, “It truly is the end of days! We have to appease the gods right now or we’re dead!” Kenneth said as he snapped to Jasper, “With all of you here as my witness, I hereby relinquish my throne and kingdom into the care of Queen Miriam the 1st, May she reign forever in peace!” As he finished speaking the huge finger lifted from the world, the large redhead was inspecting under her nail as she slid it between her lips and lifted herself away from their world once more. “Oh thank you, great Goddess!” Miriam called up as she tossed aside her maids accessories and bowed in prayer.

“I DREW A HEART LOOK!” the huge woman said as Cynthia smiled to her, “YOU CERTAINLY DID, IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME IN THE NURSERY?”  The women continued their conversation, With the older brunette losing interest in their world, “YES, I AM JUST SHOWING HER AROUND,” The answer seemed to shock Cynthia as her massive face contorted, “ISN'T STUDY OF THE NURSERY MANDATORY FROM MIDDLE SCHOOL? GIRLS FIELD TRIP HERE EVERY YEAR OF STUDY.” she said her tone indignant, The brunettes face vanished as she replied, “ROBYN ISN’T FROM OLYMPIA; SHE'S FROM THE NURSERY, EARTH SEED 000203” The assembled lords were staring between Cynthia in the heavens and their New Queen as she muttered prayer. Cynthia also vanished in the same direction as the brunette, “EARTH 203? ISN'T THAT THE PRINCESSES WORLD?” The sky was clear of all except the redhead, still staring down at them like they were a warm meal. Then she spoke, her tone was sinister as her teeth sparkled between her lips, “I’M GOING DOWN, THIS IS TOO COOL TO PASS UP!” she declared as leapt towards them. Miriam stood and backed up towards the castle as Kenneth bolted for the door, she snapped to Jasper, “Arrest him, Tie him to a post, We need to offer him to them!” she quickly declared as the large face of the redhead twisted and warped in the sky, she was getting closer but her face was staying the same size, the perspective was confusing her mind as she tried to understand what was going on.  

Robyn

The Breeze in her hair felt amazing as she fell, shrinking herself as she plummeted towards the large settlement she was eyeing, ‘I see you, I see you all...waiting for me..” she thought as she felt her wings expand and catch her in the air. Immediately she was struck with the power of their worship, her power feeling as strong as they did on earth, “Oh fuck, that feels good,” she declared as she pounded her wings, sending the small village below her soaring away down into a valley. “ROBYN! I CAN’T DELETE THE WORLD WHILE YOU’RE DOWN THERE! MY SHIFT IS ENDING PLEASE!” Cynthia pleaded from above as Robyn turned to look up, “Oh wow, That is a whole new meaning to Goddess! Cynthia, you look amazing!” she saw the girl blush at her comment as Joyce appeared next to her. “I’LL SUPERVISE CYN, YOU CAN HEAD HOME, I’LL DEAL WITH THE WORLD WHEN SHE'S DONE.” The archmage said, offering Robyn a wink. The gesture seemed to be appreciated by Cynthia as she wasted no time excusing herself. Robyn smirked as she turned back to the world, lowering herself down and planting her sandaled feet in the ground where a village had just stood. “Okay Mites, Your last day of existence, let’s make the most of it shall we!” she declared as heat flushed through her, consequence-free divine destruction, this was going to be her stress ball.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading