- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is offer perspective on Cleo's position.

fireCleo’s Perspective

Irene Klaznova

The meeting room buzzed as Irene presented her findings, The Counter-Cleo task force had been met with constant failures and the UN was getting ever more desperate the world slowly slipped under the aliens' control. Irene had been appointed to lead the efforts in undermining the aliens' attempts to dominate the minds of the world, She was only one being and they were billions, It seemed like they should be able to do something but the giant bitch had proven to have a supernatural answer to all of their attempts on her. The group had reached several conclusions, The first was that it was technological, Magic wasn’t real. The Second was that it was powered by human life, the generator somewhere within the huge headquarters she had set up in Washington DC.

 The brainstorming session went as it always did, Reviewing the mission logs of the most recent failed attempts, Identifying the apparent supernatural block they met and deploying more agents with variations on the strategies. Irene sighed as she looked over the list of the dead, The alien used to just thwart their attempt and the agent would escape, however since her press conference, Cleo had been executing every agent they had sent. The death count was getting high and more of the world's leaders were submitting to her rule, The taskforce was failing and Irene was struggling to keep her own morale as she reviewed the reports. The middle-aged woman tapped the table as she stood to address the room, “Okay, Enough, We should try a new approach….” she started saying as the world around her shifted.

 Irene stood dumbfounded as her world tinted red, the meeting room replaced with a sheet of red glass. “I knew this day would come…” she muttered as she looked around, There were other key UN officials to her left and right a short distance away and a single chair in front of each of them looking out of the red glass. She breathed deep and took the offered seat, it wasn't long before a monstrously huge eye appeared outside the glass, staring in. “WELCOME MORTAL REPRESENTATIVES,” the thundering feminine voice said as their bodies vibrated to the tones in her voice. “YOU’VE ALL DONE THIS TO YOURSELVES,” The voice continued as they looked out at the huge eye.  “I TRIED NOT TO PUSH THE ISSUE BUT NOW TIME HAS RUN OUT,” the large alien said her tone wavered and her voice broke slightly. “I’VE BEEN ORDERED TO REPORT FOR A LESSON IN WORLD SETUP,” The voice continued, Irene watched with morbid fascination as the massive eye appeared to form a large tear. “I’VE NEVER BEEN IN TROUBLE BEFORE...I...I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT, BUT I'M BRINGING YOU WITH ME!” the large woman continued as Irena watched the massive tear slide from her eye and out of sight. “Well, Maybe I did not see this coming…” she said to herself as the world shifted and twisted before her, soon she found herself looking out towards Cleo’s Angel, the normally sexually dressed being now dressed in conservative dark clothing, her face streaked with tears.



Robyn

Her Goddess slid the Redstone necklace over her head and settled it just above her cleavage. The leaders of the earth all locked inside as her girlfriend attempted to dry her eyes. “Cleo…” Robyn said trying to offer comfort before her Goddess waved her hand to silence her and glared, “You will refer to me as Goddess until this ordeal is over…” she said, her voices unstable and breaking. Robyn wanted desperately to hug her lover as she looked distraught. “Goddess, I…” she started as Cleo again waved her hand, “Do not speak unless spoken too, Where we are doing it will get you killed…” she declared as straightened up, her robes vanishing and being replaced with a reasonable stylish black jumpsuit, the Redstone necklace now hanging on the outside. “My record is perfect,” she said slowly as she stepped forward, “But my mother has pushed for my setup to be complete, they found the flow of energy suspicious without the completion of setup…” Cleo continued as a portal opened before the two girls. “So they sent me a strongly worded..demand...to attend Tiana’s world as an example of Olympian Setup…” she said nervously, “Say nothing…” were her parting words as she stepped through the portal.

Robyn brushed the tears from her eyes, swallowed her fear and stepped after Cleo, butterflies in her stomach and a horrible sinking feeling. The room she stepped into was nothing like she was expecting. A plush apartment-style room with comfortable looking furniture and a strictly average looking woman standing behind a kitchen counter drinking what appeared to be Orange Juice. Cleo offered a small bow ahead of her so Robyn mirrored the gesture, “Greetings Tiana, Thank you for accepting me to your world, I am Cleopatra Aurelien, This is my mortal pet...Fluffy” she said with no hint of humour. Robyn kept her gaze on the floor as the older blonde woman stepped past Cleo to look at her. Strong fingers gripped her chin as she felt her face pulled up as the Olympian woman forced eye contact. She spoke as her eyes bore into her, “You are most welcome Cleopatra...Your mortal isn't broken, If anything she is still feral, I can show you how to properly break her if you like?” the blonde woman said casually as Robyn didn't even have to try to look terrified. Cleo looked back towards her, “That would be appreciated, Although I plan on eating her later, so it would be a wasted effort, Maybe another time?” Cleo offered. Robyns expression did not change. The blonde smiled at her, “Does that not scare you mortal? Hearing her say that she plans to devour you?”  Robyn felt her chin fall free as the woman released her, she quickly replied, “Not at all Goddess, It would be an honour to be eaten by my Goddess.” she said dropping to a deep bow. Tiana laughed, “Oh wow, maybe she's more broken than I realised, Well done Cleo,” she said happily turning toward Cleo.”Drink?” she added casually returning to her counter to pour another drink. Robyn felt her heart thumping and pounding as she tried desperately not to cry. The humans in her bra being an uncomfortable presence for the first time.

Cleo

Accepting the glass of liquid from Tiana, Cleo drank slowly, her mind racing a thousand miles an hour as her nerves racked her body. “I understand you are to show me a complete setup, I was really close, I feel the council…” Cleo started before Tiana interrupted her, “The council is never wrong, Let me just stop you from saying something you may regret…” she offered with a nod. “Your mortal called me Goddess, She called you Goddess, That tells me you’re playing god in your world?” she said with a frown. Cleo shuffled and nodded, “It was my focus of study,” she started before Tiana cut her off, “No serious Olympian has taken the theocratic approach in decades, It’s just not as efficient.” she said, walking past Cleo and leading her towards the door. “The modern worship farm is all about the power of industry!” Tiana announced proudly as she swung the door open and led them outside. Cleo’s mouth fell open as she saw hundreds of thousands of humans, all hanging horizontal in large tall stacks. Tiana approached the nearest stack and started pointing out features. “The Mortal is contained in a harness, They are fed with the flowing trough that has a constant flow of nutrients,” she said pointing to the slow-moving red slop drifting across the front of the humans. Cleo heard the low hum vibrating across the room, “Tiana...Tiana...Tiana…” a slow morose chanting that quietly echoed across the vast racks of mortals. Cleo saw Robyn’s horrified expression as she examined the nearest human, she quickly asked the question before Robyn made the mistake of talking, “They have no arms or legs?” she said softly. Tiana giggled, “Of Course not, why would they need them, we snip them off at birth.” she said with delight as she points to a picture of herself hanging before the human, “They only speak one word, Tiana, It's all they need to generate worship,” she said as if it was common knowledge. She gestured for them both to follow as she led them down rows upon rows of stacked humans, all eating and repeating Tiana’s name. “As you can see they are all performing their task with no defiance, We have nearly ten million mortals right now on this farm, it produces its quota and a little extra for me, This world has seven such farms,” she said casually as Cleo kept her expression stoic and made sure her necklace got a good panoramic of the human farm. “What are you feeding them?” she said slowly watching the slow-moving brown sludge. Tiana smiled, “That's the best part, We feed them, humans, Once they expire, they are removed from the system and mulched, mixed with some additional vitamins and pushed back into the system, It's nearly entirely self-contained.” Cleo heard Robyn’s gag and threw a light blast of magic at her, forcing the girl to stop and hold her silence. “That’s very clever,” Cleo offered as she stopped looking at the mulch.

They walked for nearly an hour through endless ranks of murmuring humans. Cleo was getting sick of hearing Tiana’s name before they stepped into an open room. They stood on a catwalk overlooking a group of mortal men walking around naked in the room below. Tiana pointed to them, “Mortal Studs, the best of the current stock,” she said as they passed over them into the next room, “This is where we keep the cows,” she said casually as she pushed the door open. Cleo gave Robyn a warning look as they passed into the foul-smelling room. A large carousel of women rotated slowly through the room. As it stopped, men approached the bound women and began fucking them with minded focus, there was no romance here at all. A few minutes passed and as the last “stud” moved away, the huge carousel rotated once more, another set of women laying silent as another group of stud approached. Cleo turned away to look at Tiana, “It seems very efficient, how many children do the...cows...birth?” she said feeling obliged to show interest. Tiana stood proudly, “We injected them some inspired Olympian serum, it forces each impregnation to birth triplets. It's the most efficient number of mortals for them to birth versus the damage of their bodies.” she said, pointing to the racks of women above them that Cleo had not noticed before, all in various stages of pregnancy.  “Each cow will give us on average 45 new mortals before her body gives up, then we mulch them and choose new cows from the young stock,” she added as the hundreds of women above them all moved along one position as the carousel added another row. “And that offsets the death rate?” Cleo said, forcing a smile, “Walking your racks I would estimate your mortals don’t live more than thirty years?” she said carefully. Tiana grinned, “you have a good eye, we’ve managed to get their life expectancy down to about 35, It’s a good number for automation,” she said pragmatically as she gestured for them to follow her once more.

Cleo could feel Robyn breaking apart behind her as her power forced the girl to remain neutral. “This would be the ‘Mulching’ room then?” Cleo said as she watched a limbless mortal fall from a conveyor into a large funnel, followed by muffled screams and grinding. Tiana smiled, “Yep, this is where we turn the mortals into food, It's pretty amazing easy they are to pulp into edible food for the farm.” Cleo stepped up beside Tiana as both women watched the constant flow of people falling into the grinder, “Yes, I have learned that mortals break easily, Can I see your power graphs?” Cleo said with genuine interest. Tiana grinned as she flicked open her tablet and projected a stream of graphs into the air. Cleo took her chance as her eyes flashed white, the data stream captured and projected into her necklace before her world's leaders. Tiana just smiled as she watched Cleo’s eyes with fascination. Meanwhile, Cleo projected her voice into the minds trapped in the stone, “THIS IS YOU FUTURE, YOUR RACE REDUCED TO A GRAPH!” she mentally screamed at them, before pushing her own graph alongside it, “Earth currently produces 2000x the energy of this farm, with far less cost to you, Work with me and I can protect you from this fate…” she said as tears welled in her eyes. “Cleo? What's wrong?” Tiana said suspiciously as Cleo broke her link to the necklace and quickly cleansed her eyes. “Nothing, I was just scanning your data with my..limited..magic, it makes me tear up,” she said quickly, hoping the small ego stroke would satisfy Tiana. The blonde girl smiled with a sympathetic look, “I know it can be hard at the start, When I first got here I had very limited power, It's only recently that I’ve been able to stockpile it for personal use!” she said putting her arm around Cleo’s shoulders. The two started walking back towards Tiana’s apartment, the long walk allowing Cleo to probe deeper into the farms' operation and maintenance, She was surprised to find Tiana kept a small crew of functional mortal workers as farmhands. As they finally made it back to the apartment Tiana turned again and acknowledged Robyn’s existence once more. “Your mortal pet has kept herself together nicely, I would have thought that would have broken one of her kind…” she offered, lifting Robyns chin again. Cleo felt Robyn’s will pushing against her power as she bound her emotions tightly. “She’s just excited for me to be eating her later I think,” Cleo offered as she flexed her power and made Robyn nod in agreement. Tiana giggled, “Well! I trust your visit has been insightful! I hope you give me a tour of your world once you’ve got it under control!” she said pleasantly as Cleo smiled slowly and nodded, “Of Course Tiana, I trust you will inform the council that I have been sufficiently educated.” she said with pleading eyes. The older blonde woman giggled, “Of Course hun, Don’t suppose you could show me how you did that thing with your eyes before you go?” she proposed suddenly. Cleo hid her grin as she nodded slowly.

 Cleo stepped back into her temple and crashed to her knees, tears streaking as curled up, Robyn stepped in behind her still bound tightly in power. Cleo released her and both women fell to the floor. Reaching to her Necklace she snarled at the people inside, “Finish my fucking temples NOW, If I get ordered to turn earth into a farm...just don’t let that happen,” she said as the tiny figures inside all vanished back to where she had taken them from. She crawled over to Robyn, “Get out, Fly, DO YOUR FUCKING JOB! “ she cried as the equally broken mortal screamed her anger and launched herself into the air and out of the temple. The Goddess lay alone and still on the floor of her temple, “I can make theocracy work...I just need a little more time…” she whimpered to herself.


Irene Klaznova

The room was empty as she returned, her team probably out looking for her. She sat at the desk and closed the folder, her phone started to ring. “Counter-Cleo Taskforce…” she whispered slowly as the stern voice of her boss spoke on the other end, “Shut it down! Shut it all down!” he said with panic in his voice. She nodded slowly, “Agreed...Permission to be reassigned to support our …. Goddess?” she said slowly, using the word they had vowed to never utter. The conversation that followed was the biggest u-turn in international policy in the history of the UN.

Chapter End Notes:

I write for feedback & requests! So feel free to toss me a few words :)