- Text Size +
The sun shone in the great blue sky, high above a small collection of villages. The day had begun some time ago and already the people were hard at work. Whether out in the fields tending to their crops or in the market bartering for goods like eggs and the occasional peach pie, it seemed like a pleasant and normal day in this town on the planet of Euroka. But, since you’re reading this you can probably tell, today is most definitely not a normal day.

There was plenty of chatter in the square and the sounds of children playing with their dumbass little stick and hoop games. Farmers discussing amongst each other about the best watering tactics for a successful harvest of beets. But soon, all that was made silent as a mysterious shape was noticed in the sky.

It was a strange white shape that seemed as distant as the sun, though large enough for details to be visible. It looked like a massive slice of pie or cheese that hung up in the sky. The villagers looked at it and exclaimed in surprise.

“Wut de hal is that thing!?”

This continued for roughly an hour or so, larger and larger crowds were being drawn to the centers of this and other towns as many began to speculate what it might be.

“Ah quit lookin’ at it!” one old man shouted at the crowds in his town, “how we gonna get good crops if yer all lookin’ at the sky all day?”

Eventually, the novelty of the great object in the sky wore off, and life continued. Some thought it was just something of the gods that they couldn’t understand. All were curious, but eventually, it was rationalized away. It was up in the sky, what could it do?

They were all completely ignorant of what was about to come.

-

"Captain Phasma, we're closing in on the signal, it seems to be coming from that small moon."

"Good, Admiral," Phasma said as she stepped onto the deck of the Star Destroyer. Through the window, she could see the small green/brown orb off in the distance.

To them, it was just a small moon covered in small flora, not even worth an in-person investigation when a scouting droid once deemed it uninhabited by any intelligent life. It wasn't even on any Starmaps of this quadrant of the galaxy, a real nothing place with not even a tactical advantage. But that was so small moon, little did they know that life had actually developed at a much much smaller scale than on any other planet.

The reason they were lead to it was classified. But I'm going to tell you anyway.

A scouting pilot was traveling to their new in progress Death Star when he got caught up in a space anomaly, transporting the young pilot across space to an unknown destination. Phasma wasn't concerned with the pilot at all, but his BB unit had valuable information on it that the rebels couldn't get their hands on. So Phasma herself was sent to investigate and stop this from happening at any cost.

“Hold our position, I’m going alone on my cruiser,” Phasma said as she began to march out and towards the ship’s hangar bay, “I want to be on and off that rock as soon as I can with that droid, and we don’t need any rebels snooping in on our business.”

“Yes Captain,” the admiral said, standing in salute as she passed him.

-

“Ey, lookit that!” Someone yelled out as they looked up from their farm work.

Another shape and appeared in the sky, almost shooting out from the larger triangle and moving steadily towards them, getting larger each second. Word soon spread and once again everyone was gathered in the square, staring intently and loudly wondering what it was.

As the minutes passed the inquiries soon turned to worried and frightened screams as the chrome object came closer and closer. It got bigger and bigger until it hung over a nearby forest. Landing pads extended from the front and back sides, getting lower until it finally landed.

The landing pads completely destroyed huge sections of trees, leveling everything and digging multiple feet into the ground. Even the surrounding area and trees were blasted away by the force of the impact alone.

Far away, the villagers were now screaming and running in a panic in the opposite direction. The gigantic chrome ship was like nothing they’d ever seen before, and to top it off it was probably hundreds of times bigger than any mountain on the planet!

A hatch door opened on the side with large clouds of steam. When it finally dissipated, in the doorway stood an absolute titan of a woman, though with all the armor that was hard to tell.

She was Captain Phasma, the ultimate commander of the First Order’s army of Stormtroopers. She was suited in Stormtrooper armor that matched her soldiers’, only hers was chrome and metallic, being made of much higher quality befitting their superior. She wore a black cape that draped down her left side, cutting off around the knees so it wouldn’t snag anything or hinder her movement. Slung on her back was her high caliber blaster rifle, powerful enough to blast a hole straight through a line of several enemies. Even though it looked unprepared, Phasma was skilled enough she could swing it into her hands and shoot within a single second, and she wouldn’t even miss.

You’d have a hard time trying to find a better soldier in all the First Order, even the entire Galaxy would show little that could compare; and with the entire fleet at her sole command, she was truly an unstoppable force.

Phasma took her first steps off her cruiser and onto this pathetic hovel of a moon. The flora beneath her giving a quiet crunch beneath her steel boots as she walked, little did she know this wasn’t like the crunching of leaves, but dozens, maybe hundreds of trees bending and snapping beneath her weight. The sound of her step echoing for miles, the massive THOOM scaring dozens of the surrounding villages and hamlets into an absolute panic.

The giant metal figure loomed over them as she looked at her locator, scanning and trying to track the signal of the missing pilot’s ship and the BB unit she really wanted. She landed her cruiser a mile or so away from the listed coordinates, deciding it safer to scout the area in case any rebels made it before her. If they had she’d have to take them out, which wouldn’t be that much of a task for her.

With the coordinates locked on to her target, Phasma started her trek onward, keeping an eye on the seemingly empty and desolate landscape around her, save for some small hills and a few puddles of water.

Within the span of two steps, she’d already long cleared the woodlands she’d landed in and stepped over a small village. The inhabitants could only scream hysterically as she stepped over them like a shining metal god, her crotch passing miles and miles overhead.

The next village, however, was not so lucky.

In the same step that seemed to send Phasma sailing smoothly over the first village, she landed her foot on the small hamlet of about 50 people. As her boot came down, casting a shadow over the people frantic to get away, dozens of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Phasma’s boot came down hard onto the seemingly soft ground below. The buildings, though sturdy, were no match for the behemoth of a captain, they splintered and folded in on themselves in a fraction of a second as her foot met them. In nearly the same instance, the population themselves were pushed to the ground and popped into tiny bloody smears on the underside of her boot, their simple agricultural lives coming to an end.

Phasma didn’t notice, of course. Her boot was too thick to notice any kind of resistance. Though, even if she weren’t wearing them, the people and structures were so small it still might not even register.

She trudged on through the bland and desolate landscape towards her goal, unaware of the havoc and death she was causing just below at her boots.