- Text Size +
Story Notes:

While this is set in 1850 and I will try to be as close as possible to the reality of that time, because this is a work of fiction, I may still take some freedoms, so don't be surprised if something is not exactly how it was at that specific period. 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

“Mhmh, let's see what we have here…
A murder that took place outside the city, the corpse is missing, only clue on the crime scene is a four inch blood stain..The victim is Carl Sinclar”

I was reading through the pages of the document that my assistant gave me this morning, accompanying the boring activity with a cup of warm coffee.

“Our client is the father of the victim, Mr.Raphael Sinclair, a rich noble who made a nice fortune in India.
The murder happened between 11 pm and 8 am of the following day, the first person to discover the crime scene was Mr.Sinclair himself.
Five minutes passed before the witness called the police and as we speak, it looks like there are no suspects”

I drank the last sip of the black beverage and stood up, approaching the clothes stand I grabbed my black coat and walked toward the door.
After locking it behind me, I rushed to my car that was on the other side of the street.

“The crime scene is the Sinclair's mansion, it shouldn't be too far”
After getting comfortable in the driver seat, I realized that something or better someone was missing today other than our dead corpse..

“Where is Victoria, I have seen her this morning, then she disappeared!”
I turned on the engine, and put my hands on the steering.

“Nevermind, knowing her she must be there waiting for me”
I put my foot on the pedal, and took a small road to the south
It took at least five minutes of driving at a decent speed to arrive, I parked my car next to the house and got out.
In the distance, I saw a short female figure waving her hand in my direction.

“Sir, you are late, I have been waiting here for an entire hour!”
The brunette said, her long hair dancing, blowed by the cold morning wind.

“For a hour?!” I looked at my watch, she gave me the document at 8:30 am, and now it is 10 am.
I shook my head, looking around I couldn't spot any other vehicle but mine in the area around the mansion.

“How did you come here Victoria? I don't see any other car than mine, and above all you don't know how to drive.”
“I asked our client, Sir Raphael to give me a passage” 

That was a bit peculiar but I suppose she just wanted to have a good understanding of this place before inspecting the crime scene with me, I got closer to her and together, we made our way inside.
The mansion like its appearence suggested, was pretty big:

Only the main hall was the same size of my office, a pair of dark wooden stairs lead to the first floor.
On this one, I spotted a kitchen to my right and a living room to my left but none of them looked like they were important for our case as of now.

“The crime took place in the Carl's room, on the first floor”
“I know where to go sir, I used that free hour to explore this huge house, just follow me!”

She raised the bottom of her black dress, much likely to avoid tripping on the fabric, and she went upstairs.

The sound of her heels clicking on the expensive parquet echoed through every angle of this place, I don't know why but it was sending shivers down my spine.
She stopped next to a door and stared into my eyes.

“With your permission!” I put my hand on the doorknob and slided the door open.
Stepping inside, the first thing I noticed was that nothing was out of place, there weren't signs that led to the possibilty of a fight occuring here.

I inspected every nook and cranny of this room, beneath the bed, inside and under the drawers, the floor but I couldn't find anything that looked like a murder weapon, and so my eyes moved to the stain, making me realize something was off:
It was perfectly round like someone carved it onto the pavement.
I closed my eyes and tried to think, but my mind was going somewhere else now.

“Why, did you do this to me?”
A tiny man was standing on where the red spot is now, in front of him a black figure, with no clear features visible from my point of view but two legs.

They were long and thin, they way the muscles developed and connected to the rest of the body made them look like they belonged to a woman.

They weren't naked though, as something similiar to a pair of black silk stockings was covering them.
The girl looked down on the little guy, and she…I believe giggled…I couldn't make sure as I couldn't see her face but the sounds that came out from her, made it appear like that.

Suddenly she raised her foot, almost reaching the height of her waist.
She flexed her whole body forward, slowly letting it fall until that man was pinned beneath.
Disappering under her sole, she pressed down until a pop came out from it, a red liquid sprayed over one side of her foot.

She started to twist it, fast and in circle-like movements, I didn't kn….
“Earth calls Arthur, Arthur, sir are you ok?”
Victoria's voice resonated into my ears, interrupting the scene that I have been depicting inside my head.

Fuck, there was no time to indulge in my fantasies now, I had an important work to carry on.
“It doesn't seem to be any useful clue around and I don't think we are gonna find one here."
I ran outside, blushing deeply, why was I thinking about such a thing now?

“What do we do now, sir? I suppose..”

“Yes, we don't have any other business here now, it is better we go back to our office and start to narrow down a list of suspects, we are gonna question them later this afternoon!”

I walked back to my car, my mind rushing from a thought to the next one, I couldn’t make anything out of the clues we had, I should have know when I saw that document that this was not gonna be an easy case, but I can't still shake off a feeling I had about that scene, it felt…so…real.