- Text Size +

The Wonderful world of Ella


Carol was stupid. Someone might ask how stupid? Like really stupid. Really. Frickin. Stupid.

This was another ordinary mundane day for Carol. Well no it wasn’t. You see today Carol was starting a new job. Today she got to remove the shackles of a low level entry grunt to a new management position!

YAY CAROL.

Except you see, Carol stole that job. She played dirty, lied, and manipulated the workplace until she surpassed the other candidate.

So yeah. Carol sucks. Plus Carol is one of those people that is sickeningly sweet. You know like when something is so sweet you just want to spit it out? So sweet that you can feel your teeth rotting? It’s sort of like that.

What’s worse is it’s all an act! A FREAKING ACT! She acts one way to your face and then steals my---Er I mean. She steals jobs from people.

So where is Carol now? In her new office sitting at her fancy desk and answering phones like she runs the place. Must I remind you that yesterday she was a low level entry employee? I guess power really does go to the heads of some people, huh?

What about the person Carol stole the job from? Well her name is Ella. Ella is amazing. Wonderful even! Such a true delight to be around. Ella played fair, she went through all the proper channels only to be denied the job.

Actually she wasn’t even properly denied. She just heard about it through the grapevine. The people who interviewed her didn’t even have the guts to tell her she didn’t get the position.
Instead they gave it to Carol and Ella was just supposed to gather from that information that she did not receive the job.

Honestly Ella should probably quit and look for something else.

But we’re talking about Carol.

So. Carol is at her desk, sitting there next to her big window and looking out at the city below. She feels like a titan.

But the world shakes. And shakes again. This time louder. Small tremors become louder and louder before the road below begins to crack and moan. It only takes a moment before panic erupts into the city below.

People start screaming and shouting at the top of their lungs. The chaos can be heard all around. Even Carol hears it. She stands from her desk and shoves her chair aside as she looks down to the world beneath her window.

More tremors, more quakes. Louder, and louder still. What was happening? Was this some sort of earthquake? The start of a war? Had aliens finally invaded?

All at once Carol’s window would be overtaken by a large emerald mass. One that seemed to shift slightly and would even close and open. What was she looking at? What on earth was this?

The better question was what was looking at Carol? That massive mass in front of the window was an eye. A simple pupil and it was huge in scope. Large enough for Carol to dive into if she so wished.

The shimmering green eye would blink once, twice, and thrice. Slowly it began to move away as the creature started revealing it’s true face to the window.

Carol screamed.

“E-ELLA!? Ella is that you!?” Glass shattered all around Carol as she fully saw what she was looking at. It was Ella, her form impossibly tall now. That of some sort of regal goddess. Carol couldn’t accurately tell how tall she was.

Carol was never good at math.

Ella was probably 100 feet tall. Maybe taller. 200 feet? 300? Who could say. She was tall enough to slam her hand through that window and grab Carol between her fingers.

Not her fingers, her fist. She closed Carol in her fist and squeezed her, those massive fingers tightening around her small, pathetic, frail body.

Carol screamed. That’s all she was good for at the moment. Though who could blame her. The woman she stole the job from was now a giantess.

There was panic below in the city streets. Cars crashed into Ella’s massive black boots and burst on impact. Ella didn’t notice, she had bigger fish to fry.

Well, smaller fish.

Ella was gorgeous. Her hair was blonde and radiant like the afternoon sun. It had something of a wave to it as it flowed past her shoulders and down to the middle of her back. Don’t forget her eyes, they were a shimmering emerald. So dazzling and alluring that anyone would kill for them.

She was tall. So tall, too tall for the normal person to comprehend. But that’s how Ella preferred it. The taller she was the further out she could see. Plus it was easier to squash pesky people under her boots as well.

Her lips were pillowy and soft, the average person might be mesmerized enough to jump right onto them. That person would then be swallowed down without a second thought. As tall as Ella was she needed fuel. Which meant sometimes people got eaten.

Oh well.

Ella was amazing, probably the coolest, if not the best person in the entire word.

But Carol wasn’t. Carol was a job stealer and a terrible person!

“Hi Carol.” Ella’s voice boomed like the voice of a goddess. She couldn’t help but pull her lips into a smile as her voice alone whipped up a vortex of wind around Carol. “‘I’m sorry, is my voice too loud?” Ella’s tone was dripping with sarcasm.

“E-Ella…” Carol stammered again. “How are you so big? Why are so you big?” Carol swallowed hard as her small tiny frame wiggled in the grip of the glorious giantess.

“Why? Because this is my world, my rules. And I say I want to be big.” For a moment Ella sounded like she was throwing a tantrum. But she wasn’t. This was nothing more than explaining what she was doing.

“Your world?” Carol was hopelessly confused. Ella squeezed her tighter and Carol cried out as she felt her ribs starting to strain.

“You stole my job Carol.” Ella frowned, her voice lowering as she kicked her foot out only to watch herself punt a SUV into a nearby building.

Whoops.

“N-No I didn’t!” More stammering. “I earned that job fair and---OW, OW, OW!” Carol’s words were cut swiftly as Ella began to tighten her grip. She didn’t want to kill Carol, well not yet at least.
But if she blew up in her hand there would be a mess to clean up.

A very tiny mess, but a mess nonetheless.

“You did, and that was super crappy of you.” Ella seemed to be tired of mincing words, not that she had spoken much anyway. Ella was more a woman of action, not communication. Why talk it out with someone when you can crush them under your boot?

Ella probably had that sentence carved into her headboard.

“Ella I didn’t…!” Ella was done listening. The giantess began to lean down towards the streets below.

Her boots barely even fit in a single lane.

Once her hand was close enough to the street she opened it and let Carol tumble out to the street below.

It was here Carol realized how small she was. She wondered if this was what it was like to be an ant looking up at a human. She was so puny that Ella had to squint to even see her.

Luckily Ella’s boots were big enough. She wouldn’t have to aim much, just step down in the general direction.

“You’ll look better on the bottom of my boot.” Ella smiled and barked out a laugh, her blonde locks flew about as did so. The sun even caught in her sparkling eyes.

Up her leg went.

Carol was shocked as she stared up at the sole of the boot. That grimy, gross, disgusting, sole. That underside of Ella’s boot was going to end her life! Carol was too scared to move. She just kept her eyes wide as the boot began to move closer. The literal sky was falling on Carol. She was going to be ground into the street and turned into a nice red stain in a matter of seconds!

Carol could smell the hot muddy leather as it came closer. Ella’s sole now directly over her now. She could make out every ridge and crack in the sole of Ella’s boot. If she wanted to she lift and arm up and touch the very boot that was about to flatten her.

Carol was crying now. Great big dumb tears falling down her stupid cheeks as Ella positioned her heel on the ground, the rest of her boot starting to fall.

Closer.

Carol continued to cry.

Ella bit her lip as she slammed her foot down and made Carol disappear forever. Carol’s life now nothing but a smear on the underside of Ella’s powerful, superior, amazing, totally awesome boot.

Ella wondered what Carol’s last thoughts were. Probably nothing important.

But damn, Ella wished she could have seen her face the moment before she was crushed like a grape.

What totally sucked was Ella was so big she barely even felt Carol squish. If anything it was like a small piece of candy that you accidentally step on. If you’re not paying attention it’s not going to even register in your mind.

But whatever. Carol was stepped on by the amazing giantess Ella.

Ella, the perfect---






“Move it Ella!” Ella felt her body jolt from left to right as someone very easily pushed past her small frame. She held a scowl on her chapped lips as she sighed heavily. “Sheesh. You dress like that and wonder why you didn’t get promoted.” Ella puffed her cheeks and huffed only to have her dark bangs cascade across her mud colored eyes.

She had no intention of looking directly at the woman who shoved her, she obviously knew who it was based on her high pitched voice.

It was Carol.

Recently Carol had received a promotion over her. Carol smirked as she looked Ella up and down. She was wearing nothing impressive. A pair of loose jeans and a somewhat well fit white and black Tee.

“Also.” Carol continued as she shifted her hand to her hips. “Loose the lip-ring Ella. No one is going to take you seriously.” With those final words Carol turned over her shoulder and made her way up the stairs as she left Ella to her thoughts.

Ella shuffled slightly and looked down at her shoes. A pair of converses that had seen better days. She was due for a new pair of shoes, but who had that sort of time, or money.

“Y-Yeah, w-well…” Ella stammered to herself. It didn’t honestly matter, Carol was long gone.

Instead Ella plunged a pale finger into her midnight locks. She curled them around once before letting her hand fall back to her side.

She let her dull gazes fall to the stairs as let out a long defeated breath. Those stairs lead to management, somewhere Ella didn’t belong.

“...Stupid Carol.” She shook her head and made her way down the dimly lit hallway and closed her eyes as she tried to grow lost in her imagination.