- Text Size +
Lassic stood, once again in a strange mixture of awkwardness and fear of the giant blue creature before him. This time he stood on the soft surface of what he thought was a bed, a large round one at that. The blanket that meshed beneath him was a deep blood-like red that was smooth almost everywhere but beneath him. The pillows, or what he could see of them, were a fluffy white but shaped like triangles, strangely enough, and of course, each was also bigger than any house he’d ever lived in, hell, all the houses he’d ever lived in combined probably wouldn’t fit into one of those things. The only other thing that was on the bed was the gigantic teenage alien who dominated most of the view in front of Lassic. Linza sat near the head of the bed, her legs crossed beneath her. To Lassic, the ground seemed to flow downward beneath the huge creature before him, her indentation on the smooth surface like the sinking slope of a steep crater in a flat desert of nothing.

It was the next morning after Linza’s birthday. When she and her family had gotten back from the party she’d almost immediately forgotten about Lassic, now sitting in his small container. It wasn’t until an hour later when she sat down on the couch and passively glanced at the table did she remember her new puny little pet. By that time, however, it was already night, and Linza took her pet to her bedroom, setting him on her nightstand by the window while she went to bed.

Lassic woke up at what felt like dawn, the orange light of morning flooding in from the windows and assaulting his tiny plastic prison. He sat up when he found it impossible to fall back asleep, the light stinging his tired eyes. He looked around the room with its white walls and a dark hot pink floor. Next to the rising exit door was a white desk set against the wall, above it was a crystal clean mirror that seemed to meld into the wall seamlessly.

Linza didn’t wake up until a few hours after Lassic, and even then she didn’t get out of bed for some time. She just grabbed whatever looked like a phone from her nightstand next to Lassic’s cage. She held it up and scrolled through it for a while. Eventually, the big girl would get up, get dressed, and as she set her phone down finally see her pet again. She smiled widely as she saw he was up.

“Morning pet,” she said in a sunny tone, picking up his container and putting it to her eye.

Lassic held onto the bench he slept on as he moved around, the floor beneath him was clear plastic, so it felt like he was soaring upwards without anything to keep him in the air. He stared up at the huge eye in terror as it stared back at him in glee.

Eventually, he found himself getting emptied out onto the soft bed, his container getting casually tossed yards away across the bed. Now he stood back up, looking at the still smiling face of the blue girl who now owned his life.

“So, what tricks can you do?” Linza said finally breaking the silence.

“Tricks?” Lassic asked, “n-no! I just wanna go home!”

“You are home,” Linza said, her smile unwavering, “now let’s teach you some tricks.”

Without another word, Linza raised her finger up from her side. Lassic began to panic as the blue-white fingerprint began to sail towards him. But what could he do? He couldn’t run, where could he even go?

Lassic tried to run or jump away but Linza’s finger was so much faster than he was, the warm, oddly colored flesh slammed into Lassic, pushing him onto his back until he sank into the bed beneath him. Of course, he knew it wouldn't do any good, Lassic still tried to push up against the blue finger to keep from getting crushed.

"Now, sit," Linza said authoritatively, like you would trying to train a new dog.

This isn't even sitting, Lassic thought to himself as he struggled to keep her finger from compressing his chest and breaking his ribs.

Lassic didn't know how long he could hold this. He kept his arms outstretched, feeling more like he was just pushing himself a little deeper into the mattress than actually making any effort against this girl's finger. He was starting to ache. The heat beneath the finger was getting warmer as he pushed, sweat beginning to form on his forehead.

"Good boy," Linza said happily, lifting her finger up only a few inches, letting Lassic take a breather, "wait, you are a boy, right?"

"Uh, yea— h-hey!" Lassic said trying to answer, but not before Linza's finger came back down again. This time he couldn't stop it as it came down a little lower, the tip landing and almost surrounding his lower body.

"Hmm.. well there's usually something down here that helps you tell.." Linza said, moving her slowly from left to right, trying to feel for something.

Most species have some sort of genitalia that helps determine sex, this was even true for aliens on other planets. Though being much more advanced, this giant blue species had long ago realized how unimportant these labels were. Other primitive creatures seemed to be obsessed with it though.

"Oh, there it is! So you are a boy!" Linza said finally feeling something. It was small enough to her to feel like a few pieces of sand, but there definitely was a lump forming in Lassic's pants. His face began to get a little red, but whether this was from Linza's stroking or from his legs nearly getting crushed was hard to tell.

“Now, what’s another trick I can teach you…” Linza wondered aloud, not expecting any kind of input from Lassic. She looked down at him still on his back and suddenly got the perfect idea.

“I know! Roll over, little guy!”

Rolling over? Was she serious?? He was a person, damn it, why was she just treating him like some kind of show dog and not an intelligent being.

Begrudgingly, Lassic twisted his tired body until he rolled over onto his side, and he kept going for a good few feet, just spinning around on the ground. It was so humiliating… but he knew that if he didn’t do it himself Linza might just spin him between her fingers. It might be best to just do what she says for now…

“Good job!” Linza said sounding very excited. She was very happy her pet was actually listening to her, training was going to be a lot easier now. “I think you deserve a little treat.”

Linza reached over and picked up a large cylinder that sat on the far side of her nightstand. She popped open the top and stuck her fingers. Lassic didn’t know what was in this container, the letters on the side weren’t any he could recognize, and the only picture he understood was the blue outline of what looked like a gorilla on the side; their speech was the same, but the writing couldn’t be more different.

Linza took her fingers from the container and dropped whatever it was just a few feet away from Lassic. When she moved her fingers she left what was a pile of the same food Lassic had been eating for the past few days. It was roughly the size of a small pile of leaves and still not very appetizing.

This was his treat? He’s been eating this bland stuff for so long now, and nothing else. Even water didn’t make it any less dry… Lassic missed when he could just call and have a pizza delivered to his apartment...

Linza kept her happy expression on as she set the food aside. Having a pet was really fun! And he was doing so good she thought he deserved a little snack, and the clerk at the store said these exotic pets went just crazy for these tiny pellet things. She looked down and saw him excitedly start eating his food (unaware that he was just starving since she forgot to feed him last night).

“Oh! I still need to think of a name for you!” Linza said suddenly, forgetting she didn’t name Lassic, still just thinking of him as ‘pet’.

“Actually… my name is Lassic!” Lassic said, looking up from his bland bits.

“Hmm… Lassie maybe? No, that sounds too weird… Xanadu? Ajax? Hmm..” Linza continued listing names to herself before finally giving up for now.

“Eh, whatever, I’ll think of one soon. Besides, I heard you guys live for years and years, I got plenty of time!”