- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A safe place. 🧐
Obviously I wasn’t going anywhere quickly at this size. Certainly not to the nurse who, regardless of the distance between us, I could see she was bewildered at a no show clinic call.

Not my fault.

This is an absolute cluster. How am I to get anywhere? I came here alone, and had left my phone at home since I brought my book with me!

As if to answer my question, a scratching overhead, of which the likes I had never before heard brought me to see the grain sized sole shaking back and forth! Thankfully I’m a bit of a fit freak, or that may have been my demise. As the massive shoe cut through space on its way down I did manage to duck back behind the leg of the tree trunk chair leg.

The converse.

The little breathe I did have, nearly evaporated when a second colossal shoe joined its twin! Ahhhh!!! My options were already limited due to my current minuscule size of now presumably 3 inches, and how I’d ever get out of here is a feat for the ages! I’d need help that was a definite fact.

If only gym girl could have a purse next to the chair I could attempt to hoist myself up and inside! As if to speed up my time line, two huge abruptly decided they were crammed on the vast seat had stated to lower to the floor. Ugh those feet, filling my universe gave me no real option. I near levitated into the opening of the shoe, knowing I must cram into the toe section before the foot came to find its home. hoping against hope that the shoes might stay loose and untied, the foot sped towards me. In it settled, and I heard a sigh of comfort, I also wondered if the nurse may call her soon, this mysterious iron goddess. I didn’t have long to wonder. “Saraaaaaa.... Saaaaara,” came the call of the hour! “Coming,” I heard her shout far above, as she hurriedly stuffed her feet into the shoes, no need to lace them, but being thoughtful of her tender leg. In that instant the lights behind my eyes began a coruscating dance of tremendous pain. My entire being was under her control in the quick trot through the waiting room! Her toes obviously feeling some disturbance in the force as they prodded me a more sideways direction. Weeew, finally she stopped. Weight and height, then onward to the checkup. As Sara explained her issue to the nurse, some knee pain, I pondered my reality. What would come next? How could this possibly end well? Trapped in a shoe that I may normally be curious of, this was shaping up into a disaster. Out of the blue her foot began to move! Without time to react, and me still wedged tight, I was thrown across the insole. As I rolled to a stop I saw my perfect view out as her shoe, heard the panicked gasp, and beyond that a finger pointing directly at my tiny form,. The astounded face stared invasively into my soul....