- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I’ll plan to write every few days. First story. 🙃
Author's Chapter Notes:
Reception desk
How I ended up in this cosmic washing machine labeled “converse” is not exactly a conundrum.

The exact details of how it is even remotely possibly; well that may be forever unknown. At this point I might as well take accountability for my overactive brain, rather than attempt to blame some power on my misfortune. Try as I might, when an attractive woman walked past, my eyes would dart to her choice of footwear.

Might we agree that a passion to please is one thing, but a daily near death experience and unexplainable terror is quite another??

It began with a glance. I sat there, grazing through my loooovely text book on body language and communication, presuming to be called at some point by the nurse. Expectantly before o either jerked over or began to resemble a wizened wizard.

The profound pulsing in my ears was nearing the crescendo, and I contemplated pushing my fingers forcefully into my eyes, in a vain attempt to pacify the ache.

Thankfully my eyes began to close and I flew near to dream land. Jerking away as the door slammed shut yet AGAIN, an icy blast of wind forcing its way insure, someone caught my eye.

Protein shaker in hand, she slightly limped towards the reception desk.

A messy bun topped off an agitated mask, complete with obvious gym attire, the yoga pants looking as though they needed a rest from the workout themselves.

Back to my reading, I sighed as this glorious figure explained her reasons for gracing the clinic with with presence.

Shaking her head in irritation, she made her way to my corner, thankfully out of the way and with a noticeable lacking of crying infants.

“Might as well settle in,” she threw my way, as she sat down and pulled her feet up on the double seat. “Make yourself at home,” I thought with a smirk.

Little did I know. As soon as my eyes snapped open again from my restless nap I felt... off; so I closed them again. Somehow the office seats had grown a tad more comfortable. How long had I been out? Did I miss my danged turn to see the doctor?! Shaking my head slowly I suddenly noticed my headache was clearing. Ugh time to open my eyes again. As my eyes opened, I swear I feel the entire earth cease movement. A blue, a hurricane, an out it this world reality! The chair I had fallen asleep on was gone! Instead I was underneath some structure. Had I sleep walked?! This is madness; or much more. My eyes continued to search for some answer, as I felt the ground with my hands. Not grass or dirt. More like rough fibers. The sound of a volcano pulled my attention to the right, as I heard the ground beginning to tear, and the voice of a god say, “Joel? Joel?” “I’m here,” but even as the words left my mouth, I could again tell something was off. The time was slight and squeaky. Stepping out from under my current domain, and expecting anything but what I saw next, brought me to my knees, to reality, and to a world that was next to impossible. Everything was so vast and gargantuan, I froze.