- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here it is, after nearly a month the first five chapters are written and ready to be posted. I'll be posting them here on a weekly basis, but if you want to get chapters early DM me on Twitter @Randominterweeb. Hope you enjoy! 

      It was a bright and early morning and Megumi wasted no time getting ready for a new day at her new school. Once the sun had shone through her blinds she was out the door and on her way to school in 15 minutes flat. As she walked there Megumi took her time to memorize the faces of all the students she passed on the way. She was beyond excited to begin her first day but before entering, she had to do one last thing.

   She stood proudly in front of the school gates thinking back on her time at Okisana. Without all her friends by her side, encouraging her through every step of the way, Megumi may not have gotten the courage to enjoy this day with a smile, even if there was no way to thank them at the moment the thought was more than enough. 

'Thank you all for supporting me in the past. I promise, to everyone I've left behind that I will make it through my new life with a smile and I'll never forget you.' She thought, clenching her fist as she stared at the main school building. Even if she was being a bit overdramatic Megumi couldn't conceal the passionate fire in her eyes and with a new spring in her step, Megumi took her first stride into the place she'd be spending the next few years of her life in, Hanichi Public Highschool. 



   As she stepped foot on campus Megumi couldn't help but notice a bubbly and energetic looking girl slowly approaching her from the side.

   "Hey, you're a fresh face. Are you a new student?" The girl asked. Her voice, demeanor, and even the way carried herself, all radiated an aura that screamed 'bubbly, and innocent girl'. Her appearance also looked the part, and aside from her very feminine physique she also wore a very cute and vibrant ribbon on her head.

   "Yeah, I just moved here a couple of weeks ago. My name's Megumi, by the way. Megumi Shiro." She smiled excitedly shaking her hand.

   "Oh right! My name's Usako Asagiri, but you can call me Bunny! Are you a Senior?" She leaned in grabbing Megumi's hand. It was an appropriate nickname for sure, as the vibrant ribbon atop her head could easily be mistaken for rabbit ears. It definitely was a cute accessory for sure, even if it was kinda childish. But Megumi didn’t necessarily have the right to think of it as childish, as she also liked wearing bows.

   "I'm actually a Junior." 

   "Eh!? You look so ‘mature’ though!" She examined Megumi’s body up and down surprised by her response. However, this type of question wasn't exactly new for Megumi as even at Okisana she was commonly mistaken for an upperclassmen time and time again. This was mostly due to her major feminine ‘features' and her generally all-around well-developed body. 

   As much as both of them wanted to continue their friendly conversation it was cut short by 2 girls, who Megumi assumed were Bunny's friends.

   "Let's get a move on, you don't want to be late do you?" Said one of her friends as they pulled her away from the conversation. Megumi assumed she was a studious type, mostly because of her glasses. However, the girl who had followed behind her seemed like a complete opposite. She had reddish-orange hair and seemed a lot more laid back and friendly. As she walked past she waved casually at Megumi before catching up to her two friends. 

   "Seeya later Megumi!" Bunny waved goodbye as she was pulled into the main school building. 

   "What a colorful group of characters..." She mumbled to herself and walked to the faculty office to get her schedule. Meanwhile, a dark metaphorical shadow loomed over the school signaling that a tragedy was about to occur. (See http://labbacomics.com/comic/reader.php?page=13 for context)



-Half an hour later-



   'I can't believe I got lost…' Megumi thought as she wandered the halls dazed and confused until she turned the corner and spotted a female micro student at the corner of her eye. She figured it wouldn't hurt to ask them for some directions. 

   "Hey I'm lost would you mind…" As she approached a gruesome sight came into frame as in close proximity to the girl were the crushed and splattered remains of another micro student. This had been the first time in a while that Megumi had seen such a sickening sight with her own eyes. 

   'Is that blood?!' Her thoughts began to spiral into an inner turmoil. 'It can't be!' She tried to deny what was right in front of her but it was unmistakable. What had just occurred was undoubtedly a murder, at least that's how Megumi saw it.



   'Tch, to do something so brazen and heinous, especially while morning classes are still going on, it's absolutely unforgivable.' She wanted to go get help but then she remembered that there was still that girl near the corpse and at that moment she thought for a second, about what she must be thinking and felt absolute sorrow for what she must have gone through. So, before getting help Megumi decided it'd be the best course of action to comfort the girl because it was an undeniable fact that she most likely went through something more terrifying than anything that she could ever possibly imagine. 



   "I'm sorry…" Megumi felt like that was the only thing she could say at that moment. Upon closer inspection she noticed that the girl didn't seem sad or depressed, instead, she actually seemed incredibly furious about the situation. Her eyes were filled with vengeance, however, among the hatred and anger, Megumi could almost feel the sheer determination that was emanating from her. Seeing how hard she must have been trying, finally gave Megumi an idea of what she needed to say. 

   "Truly despicable… If this wasn't an accident it's incredibly heinous. You must have gone through the most horrific experience. For that, I'm sorry I wasn't around to stop it from happening. If there's anything, anything at all I can to do help please tell me." She knelt down and looked at the girl with the eyes that contained no hints of pity. The eyes of someone who was completely genuine, and willing to help. 

   "Who are you?" She looked up at Megumi, somewhat wary of her. Understanding that she'd be cautious Megumi decided to include one detail in her introduction that would surely make her 100x's more trustworthy to almost any micro student. 

   "I'm Megumi Shiro, a transfer student from Okisana Academy." She bowed her head towards the girl. Just as Megumi expected those final words were more than enough to convince this girl that Megumi was in-fact the real deal. A normal student who treated all her classmates, no matter their size, equally with no hint of bias or disrespect. 

   "I'm Mai Ogasaki, the Micro Student Representative at this school. I hope we can become good friends…" The 2 locked eyes, each of them absolutely positive that this was the start of something extraordinary. Something that Mai had always been waiting for. It was the start of a friendship that could fundamentally turn the tides of this corrupt school, a true friendship of righteous ideals…

Chapter End Notes:

Did you enjoy? I bet you did. If you didn't or if you have any questions, concerns, or comments please tweet at me(@Randominterweeb) or leave a review.

This is a collaboration with @LabbaArt set in the #HalfInchHigh Universe. 

(The context to the events preceding Mai and Megumi's fateful encounter)

http://labbacomics.com/comic/reader.php?page=13