- Text Size +
It’s Friday night, 8pm. Your parents have gone out for a drink, and your big sister is supposed to be babysitting you. Instead she’s sat in her bedroom texting.

You hear her door open, while you are downstairs watching a movie. She goes into the bathroom for a shower. You decide this is a good opportunity to... explore. You slowly creep upstairs and into your sister’s room. Empty. You slowly close the door behind you. You begin looking around, for her shoes. You see, under her bed, a long line of shoes. “Bingo.” You mutter to yourself. You slowly get down onto the floor and then crawl under her bed. You look at the line of shoes, and consider which ones to play with.

You grab her running shoes, which she used around 10 minutes ago, on her daily run. You grab her left shoe and hold it to your face. The warmth radiates to your face and warms you up. You slowly breathe in the odor. Smells like cheese. The lovely smell of her sweaty feet gives you euphoria. You look at the inside of the running shoe, and find one of her socks. You pull it out and take a great whiff of the inside. The pungeant odor fills your entire body, as you lay there, under your sister’s bed, like a little perv. You decide to go for her school shoes next. They’re a lot like tap dancing shoes, and very smooth. You take it and take a deep breath of the inside. It smells like a mix of rubber and sweat.

You continue to sniff her shoes for a good 10 minutes, before you hear footsteps in the hallway outside. Suddenly the door opens, and you’re forced to put the shoes down and lay as still as possible. Your sister walks in, barefoot. You see her smooth feet slapping along the wooden floor. You stare at her hypnotic red toenails, so beautiful. She bends down, to her bed. You stay as still as possible. She reaches underneath and grabs the towel next to you. “Hah, almost forgot this!” She mutters to herself, before standing back up and walking out, shutting the door behind her.

You continue to sniff her shoes and socks, for a bit, until you begin to feel quite light-headed. It’s probably just the smell. You get out from under the bed, still sniffing her trainers, with their sweaty aroma. You begin to feel a bit dizzy. Suddenly, her room begins to spin lightly... You put a hand to your head, feeling for a fever. You feel sick. You walk around her room, feeling drunk. You go back to her bed. It seems taller than before, huh. You walk over to her nightstand where a small bottle of water sits. You open it and drink a small bit. When you walk back over to the bed, it’s around an inch taller. Are you hallucinating? Is this a dream? Are you... no, no, it can’t be. Is it possible that you’re shrinking?

You kneel down and take another whiff of her shoe. The lovely smell fills your nose, and when you stand back up, the bed is 3 inches taller. This has to be a dream. You are hallucinating. You now stand at a mere 5’1” compared to your previous 5’9”. You slowly walk around, very confused, before coming to her nightstand. You take another swig of the water, and again, when you go back to the bed, you are smaller, by around 4 inches! No... this can’t be happening! The shrinking seems to be speeding up! You actually begin to notice now. Shrinking around, an inch per 10 seconds.

You breathe heavily, fearing for your life. You stand at 4’7” now. You put your hands to your head and begin to breathe rapid, heavy breaths. 4’4”. 4’1”. Before you know it, you’re standing at 3 feet. The shrinking is happening fast now, around an inch every 3 seconds. You kneel down, terrified. You begin to slowly sob. You stand up, to check your height. 2’3”. 2’0”. 1’6”. You shrink at 1 inch every second now.

You run to the door, to try to escape and get help, before it’s too late, but you can’t. You jump, and jump, but you’re too small. 1’0”. 0’7”. 0’3”. You run to the bed, and try to grab her sheets. At least being on the bed will be safe. It’s too late. You fall to the floor. You get up, you’re so small now.
You stand at a tiny 1 inch. You stop shrinking, this must be the final size. You begin pounding on the door. Your tiny fists make little to no impact, and it seems that your sister doesn’t hear a thing. You run to the shoes that are in a line under the bed. You are too small to grab any. You aren’t even big enough to climb onto the front.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps from outside... The door swings open, and your sister enters, towel wrapped around her...