- Text Size +

Majority of Vulgina City had been just as Sam had read. The large red walls with buildings built into the folds that went up as far as the eye could see. The warm musty air that smelt of the goddess herself. The damp ground which pulsated and moved rhythmically like the waves of the Great Diges Sea at high tide. What Sam had NOT expected however was the large crowd that had gathered around the gateway which all cheered as he drove inside.


Sam stopped his truck as the crowd would let him drive no further. Looking back, the gateway was already starting to close again, though twitching slightly as it did. With no other options, Sam exited his truck to see what the crowd wanted.


"Congratulations! Congratulations!" a short chunky man with a large moustache exclaimed grabbing Sam's hand in a firm handshake. "You are Vulgina City's one billionth visitor! I am Sal Ovar. As the current mayor of Vulgina, it is my honor to award you with a premium deluxe tour of our great city and beautiful goddess!"


Sam looked around suspiciously. This had to be a joke right? But why would the organize such a large crowd to trick a random teen boy from The Pit?


A man in a reporter's outfit took Sam's picture as Sam was handed a small ring with a bead on it to signify "The Key to the City" and then Sam was lead by Sal up a flight of stairs.


"Umm, I really just came here to make a delivery..." Sam started.


"Oh don't worry I know!" Sal replied cheerily without slowing down. "Don't worry, my man met you at the gate and got all the details. Your shipment and payment will be handled for you. But for you, today you get to relax and enjoy the tour of our great city led by yours truly!"


Mayor Sal lead Sam up the walkways until they reached a large plaza. Sam gasped at what he saw. The plaza was full of stalls with citizens from all across Rae-Chial! There were food stalls selling unseen delectables only harvestable from the Great Cavern of Den-Tal. There was the kingly luxury of milk collected straight from depths of the Grand Boob-Ei Mountains. Sculptures and candles made from wax mined from Ear Point Canal. Cleaning products that could double up as a salty snack harvested from the city of Nos-trel. And Sam could scarcely believe his eyes as he witnessed the soft silky clothes made from trees harvested from the Great Forest of Scal-Pah.


"Oh! Do you like these clothes?" the mayor exclaimed seeing Sam's expression. "Tailor! Get a set of your trendiest outfit for the fine lad here!"


"What?! I can't!" Sam protested. "I don't have that much money and-"


As Sam tried to argue, his words were cut short by a lump of some white creamy substance shoved into his mouth. The substance was sweeter than he had ever tasted. Indeed, he had never known food could taste so good!


"You are our guest today young one!" the mayor replied. "Let your elders treat you to something nice! Do you like that? It is Cae-Ki. A delicacy that is only found within the Great Cavern of Den-Tal once every generation. Some brave and reckless young lads rushed in while the goddess was actively eating it (a very risky I don't condone I might add) and harvested more than any other person on Rae-Chial has ever harvested before. It has become quite abundant here but is still a much loved delicacy!"


The tailor returned and apologized for the time it took to find something large enough to fit someone as tall as Sam. Sam was taken to a back room where he was able to try on the new clothes. Looking at his reflection in the liquid mirror, he could hardly believe it was him he was seeing looking so trendy.


The mayor snapped his fingers and a nearby person took Sam's old clothes and walked away. "We will leave that in your truck along with your payment for the methane." the mayor explained. "I know the citizens of Sphink-Tiari often get viewed in a low light. That is why I want to personally thank you and your city for the risks you all take in order to let the rest of our cities flourish!"


Sam blushed a bit at the unexpected respect for his hometown. As a crowd began rushing towards the edge of the platform the mayor patted Sam on the shoulder. "Come now! The next show is about to begin!"