- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Don't dig on random terrain... just saying

Lisa shifted again in her chair as she felt a slightly stronger irritation beneath her panties. It did not garner much attention however as the battle on the screen had left her speechless.

"Maybe I DON'T want anything to do with such a scary place!" she thought to herself as she watched the explorer tiredly limp his way to the massive insect. Perhaps it was the tension, but she could almost swear she smelt something burning nearby when the laser fired off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John scooped some of the innards out of the carcass of the giant beast to take back to the MTAGV for analysis. The creature seemed like some sort of lovecraftian horror, but, he was alone on an alien planet. While he had rations, he knew it would be better if he learned how to survive off the land.

Climbing into the MTAGV, John poured the innards into the matter analyzer before flopping back into his chair.

"You are going to send us to an early grave!" the coordinator barked over the radio.

"Don't worry, I'll probably send myself to one first." John retorted exhausted.

The results of the analysis came back. The creature had apparently seemed to be a scavenger which lived off the remains of dead flesh. While not exactly appealing, it was a high source of protein and could probably be cooked and eaten safely.

"I'll have to gather and preserve it for later then." John mumbled to himself as he turned off the screen. "Probably best to wait until the news reports are finished watching me however. Their stomachs may be kind of delicate to this kind of stuff."

"Please tell me you're done with adventures for today!" the coordinator barked back over the radio.

"Ya, I'm too tired for any more adventures today." John yawned. "I'm gonna call it for the night, but with creatures like that roaming around, I think I'll try to burrow this vehicle somewhere where it won't stand out as much!"

"Your call." the coordinator replied. "We still have some time left on the news report. We'll just use your shelter building for the ending."

John turned back to his controls and started driving closer to the trunk of the massive toppled tree. Looking up at where the laser had hit the tree, John noticed there was singeing but the trunk was not burning.

"I guess that rules out campfires..." he mumbled to himself as he scanned the surrounding area.

Both the trees and the ground were too tough for him to dig out by hand. In fact, even the MTAGV would most likely not be able to puncture the surface save for with the laser he had already used up. However the trees themselves had pierced the ground. Therefore John's plan was to take advantage of the hole, the tree had already made and try to wedge his camp in among the roots below the ground.

Flicking a switch, the massive drilling arm lifted off of the MTAGV and to dig right at the root of the massive tree.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa jumped in her seat. This was more than a slight annoyance now. It actually stung! It felt like someone was pushing a needle against her pubic region. The broadcast was getting boring again, though the guys seemed fascinated by the large machinery the explorer was driving. It was the perfect opportunity to sneak away.

"Teacher! Can I go to the bathroom for a bit?" Lisa called out raising her hand. The teacher gave a dissatisfied glare her way in response, upset to be distracted from the broadcast.

"There are only twenty minutes left to the broadcast. I am sure you can hold it that long. We are literally watching history being made right now!"

"Stingy!" Lisa scoffed leaning back into her desk. The pain wouldn't stop. It was getting worse.

Looking around, the room was dark, and no one seemed to be looking at her. As subtly as she could, Lisa reached her hand under her skirt and began to scratch at the itch.