- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For the record... yes that is a crab... just one... I couldn't resist

"He's a rebel. I'm liking him more and more!" Lisa smirked as she watched the explorer leave the safety of his vehicle to terrified shouts.

Lisa's interest had finally been caught. As soon as the feed came through and she saw the amazing high definition shots of the alien landscape she couldn't look away. She wondered what it would be like to walk around on that strange planet. What it felt like to see trees larger than sky scrapers all around you. An entire city could probably live inside those trees and they wouldn't even start to settle it. She wondered if this was what the earth looked like millions of years ago. Her imagination was going wild!

Lisa shifted in her seat again. The itch had died down a bit, but it was still there. If she weren't in class she would've checked or at least scratched herself, but while her outburst went unnoticed, she was currently surrounded by tons of horny guys who would definitely comment if she "Started to finger herself in class"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's soft!!?" John exclaimed as he took his first step on the white alien terrain. The ground was soft, almost like it were made out of some strange moss or fungus. It added an extra spring to his step.

John's boots were equipped with a slightly weaker version of the anti gravity technology found in the MTAGV so he had no fears of falling off. Even still, he didn't fancy the long walk it would take to climb one of the massive jungle trees surrounding him, nor the consequences if he were to make a mistake and fall off!

The air was musty and warm. A strange yet somehow familiar scent filled his nostrils though he couldn't place it. In the far distance he heard low rumblings almost like a constant rolling thunder, but the thick pink atmosphere made it too muffled to make out how close or far it was.

Pulling a hatchet from his hip, John walked up to one of the massive trees. He knew he couldn't topple an entire tree by his own strength; indeed the consequences of doing so would probably be disastrous to him as not even the heavy armoring of the MTAGV could handle a tree that size falling on it, but he wanted to gather a sample to analyze.

With all his might, John swung his axe. The axe struck the tree only to be sent flying without leaving so much as a dent! The tree was as hard as steel if not harder! Yet surprisingly the tree did sway far more than he had expected.

John had always had a delicate sense of touch. Placing his hand on the tree he marveled at what he felt!

The tree wasn't wood! At least not like any wood we had on earth. The bark felt silky to the touch and the whole trunk swayed easily with even the slightest bit of force. This tree was ridiculously strong, yet also incredibly flexible. Such a resource could have countless applications if only they could harvest it!

John let the mighty tree sway lazily back and forth above his head thrilled at his discovery. He let go quickly however as he saw trees in the distance start to sway far more violently.

Looking far above his head, John's heart stopped as he witnessed a titan insectoid creature running towards him. The creature had multiple legs like a crab, and used massive hooks on its arms to manouver itself by grabbing onto the giant trees all around it. Seeing John, the creature leaped towards him at a speed that such a giant creature should not have.

John rolled out of the way just in time, grabbing his wayward axe from the ground. The soft terrain shook like ripples on water as the creature landed.

John knew he had little time to act as the massive creature turned towards him. Grabbing his axe with both hands he threw it with all of his might. The axe flew several meters hitting the creature straight in the face before it bounced off without the creature's face without so much as a dent. John had been twice betrayed by his once most reliable tool, but he was not yet out of options.

Checking his surroundings, John activated the emergency laser canon targeting the massive beast. He only had one shot with this weapon, and he would be in trouble if there were more creatures like this nearby, but at this point it was his only chance of fighting such a heavily armored creature.

Hitting "Fire" the MTAGV shook on its chassis as the powerful laser shot directly at the monster. John's heart sank as the laser initially hit with little effect, however the shot had a 4 second duration and it wasn't long before the laser managed to burn a hole through the mighty carapice and even shoot through a massive tree behind it. The whole earth shook as the beast and a massive tree fell to the ground as if the world itself had been hit by the strike.