- Text Size +

They finally entered the air conditioned WcDonalds. Asuka let out a sigh of relief once that nice cool ventilated air rubbed against her skin. She opened her sundress a little bit just so the air could cool off her breasts. She looked over at Rei and noticed that the heat must’ve really gotten to her. She watched as Rei went over to grab a few napkins and began dabbing her forehead with them. How I would love to smell that napkin is what Asuka lucidly thought as she watched her friend dab herself. It almost happened in slow motion for her, watching the blue haired girl rubbing her neck with the napkin, it progressively getting darker with her sweat. The look of relief on her face. It was all a bit overwhelming to her. But, she snapped herself back to reality.

Asuka stood idle by Rei examining the menu. She knew fast food wasn’t healthy or anything, but it was cheap and easy. And it wasn’t as blunt as asking Rei to come with her to some elegant restaurant or something like that. They both thoroughly examined the menu in silence as other people came into the establishment ordering the food they wanted.

“Do you know what you want” asked Asuka.

“Yes. I think I’ll get a Kale Salad. How about you?”

“I’m gonna get myself a burger. I love them so much.”

Rei watched as Asuka licked her lips at the anticipation of food. She realized this would be the first time since the mission that they’d be eating together. They both got the food they ordered and sat together at a table in the more secluded corner of the restaurant. Both of them weren’t particularly fond of eating with a crowd surrounding them, and Asuka knew this was especially true for someone as shy and timid as Rei. 

Before eating, Asuka watched as Rei slowly stretched her arms out. Her blue eyes slowly examined as Rei’s pale arms stretched for comfort, examining the dark spot that was in the armpit of her button up. Asuka stared more intently to see if she could see Rei’s bare armpit or not. What am I thinking? Sweat is gross. She shook her head and began eating her burger.

As Asuka examined Rei from her doing such a minute thing, so did Rei. She watched as Asuka’s salivating mouth slowly opened up, shoving the burger into its damp cavern. Watching the food slowly be crushed into these wet sort of crumbs that would be crushed and bounce around inside the EVA pilots mouth. She remembered when she was inside her mouth in that one mission. She couldn’t help but watch as Asuka chewed into her food like a hungry predator.

“Is there something on my face?”

“Oh no, you’re fine. You must’ve been really hungry.”

“Oh believe me after that mission I’m starving.”

Rei sheepishly poked away at her salad. Taking small generous bites of the leaves and onions within them. 

“You know Rei, that button up really brings out the color of your eyes.”

Rei started to blush immediately. She never knew exactly what to do when she felt someone was hitting on her. She knows Gendo used to do that sort of thing, but that was from a guy, this is from a woman. No, she’s just making small polite talk.

“T-thanks. I like wearing button ups, there’s this formality about it that I simply love.”

“That’s you, always loving formalities. You should really kick back and relax some day.”

“Y-yeah.”

Rei suddenly felt something on her shoe. She glanced down at it, revealing Asuka’s barefoot being on top. She watched as her toes slowly and softly curled on the top of her shoe. Reis heart started fluttering faster and faster. She had to take some sort of action. Rei suddenly moved her shoe off Asuka’s foot. Leaving her foot to fall right on the floor. 

What is she doing, Asuka asked herself irritated. She started to get a sense of irritation within her. And alongside this feeling of irritation within her, the shrinking gel cells had started to wake up slightly. 

“Sorry about that, I thought your shoe was the table.”

“It’s fine.”

A long painful awkward silence fluttered around them. Asuka feared she just ruined this night out with her. She had to quickly try to recoup the error of what she had just done. She had the idea of having her sleep over her house with Misato. 

“Hey, wanna come sleep over my place? It’s closer than where you live.”

“That’s fine, I’m feeling a bit tired.”

Asuka had been filling with frustration. What the hell? We have been getting along for the past few weeks and all of a sudden she’s turned cold? What the hell is the matter with her. I never should’ve let myself develop an interest with this blue haired bitch!

“I totally understand, wanna get going then?”

“Sure.”

Rei felt absolutely humiliated. Why did I have to move my shoe? In normal human interactions, whenever two parties who are interested or dating play footsies, each party must reciprocate the favor. But it was too late for that, they were both already heading for the door. 

Asuka knew she was gonna scream her lungs out into her pillow when she got home. She should’ve kept her lustful thoughts to Kaji and only Kaji. She felt her blood was boiling, which once it happened, the shrinking gel cells finally activated.

“Alright well, see ya tomorrow Rei! Hope you get enough rest and have a good night.”

“Thanks! Same to you.”

Once they parted ways, Asuka immediately shrunk down. The world became immediately large and overwhelming. This new perspective was absolutely terrifying, she quickly looked around to get someone to notice her. But it was already dark outside, and the only other person she saw was Rei Ayanami. She hesitantly grabbed onto the back of her shoe and made herself secure while the giant Rei walked back to her apartment.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope all of you are enjoying these!