- Text Size +

The young woman grinned broadly as she looked at the vial. Two intensive years of work, in the form of a colorless liquid. It would change the world. Mostly in a heap of debris and giant footprints.

Dr. Miranda Weaver hated most people. Having a querulous personality, she never forgot a wrong, no matter how trivial. Even children at kindergarten who did "injustice" to her then she still hated today. Apart from letting it fester in her mind, she had a thirst for revenge. It was this thirst and hatred that had brought her were she was now, at the laboratory of the university of Berlin, Germany, Faculty of Biochemistry.

Her field of study were turtles. She had known ever since a child that a turtle was able to adapt its growth in relation to its environment. Put a small pet turtle in a fish bowl, and it remained small. Put it in the garden pool, and it would get bigger. Put it in a pond, and it would become even bigger yet. Well, not every species of turtle, but some. And those had drawn her attention.

She had also been influenced by Godzilla and King Kong movies, as well as the remake of "Attack of the 50 foot Woman". She loved the way the gigantic Nancy Archer could take revenge on her cheating husband, and the power she and the gigantic monsters wielded. Ever since, Miranda had fantasized about being so big herself. Oh, the power she had then! The destruction she would cause! Miranda daydreamed often about it, picturing herself being a giantess, squashing and killing those that wronged her. And many others too, for she had no faith in humanity at all. All bastards, in her eyes.

It had become such an obsession for her that she had studied biochemistry and taken every step needed to research the growth mechanisms of turtles. She wrote her thesis on the subject and now held a PhD in it. No one had ever guessed what her true motives were, for she knew how to keep quiet. And she preferred to work alone. The only person she tolerated, more or less, was her lab assistant named Petra, but even that only professional. She couldn't stand the young woman. Too curious and nosy. She even caught her once while Petra was looking in her personal files stored in her computer. She almost kicked her ass in her anger.

After intensive research, Miranda had managed to discover the trigger for the turtles growth. It was a chemical substance, produced by a gland in its brain, that the turtle extracted as a reaction on a wide surrounding space. Like a respons to agoraphobia, the fear for open spaces. Somehow, turtles didn't like wide open spaces, and tried to compensate it by growing. They are too slow to flee to a smaller place, after all.

Miranda had managed to isolate the substance, invented a chemical procedure to replicate it artificially, and to concentrate it, thus increasing it effectiveness. The result was the liquid in the vial she was now looking at. She would take it today and grow. Finally!

Smart as she was, she knew that she had to be naked when she wanted to be a giantess. Her clothing wouldn't grow with her, after all. Ah, what the hell, she thought after some consideration. She would literally be above the people, so why bother covering up her private parts? Anyone who would laugh at her she would squash immediately. No one would laugh at her after that.

Much to Miranda's irritation, Petra entered, carrying some maps with data.

"Where do you want me to put them?" she inquired.

"Err, just put them on my desk... I will sort it out later," Miranda said, getting angry. That bitch had the annoying tendency of entering at the most inconvenient times. And although her assistant didn't do it on purpose, in Miranda's twisted worldview Petra was a pain in the ass and should be killed as well. "And take the rest of the day off, there is nothing to do for you here today...", she added. It was time to inject the stuff, and Miranda didn't want to be disturbed.

"But I..." Petra began, but Miranda cut her off.

"Go home, I want to be alone," she sneered. That woman was too obnoxious and too nosy. Always trying to find out what she was up to. Miranda had always kept her at a distance, and not in a friendly way. She hated Petra as well.

"Ok," Petra said sheepishly. She put the maps on her bosses' desk and left.

"Asshole," Miranda thought, and looked for a syringe. The stuff had to be injected in the bloodstream, delicate as it was. Stomach acid was sure to dissolve it.

Later that day, Miranda went for a quiet spot outside of Berlin and prepared for injecting herself with the liquid. She stood on a meadow, next to a small forest. There were only some farms in the distance. An abandon area. Perfect. 

She had dressed herself in clothes she didn't like anymore, because she knew she would grow out of them. And stripping naked, even in a remote area, she was reluctant to do. Even if the entire world would see her naked soon. But then, she would be gigantic.

A small sting in her arm. The cold feeling of the liquid entering her body. Then, she became dizzy. The stuff worked!