- Text Size +
Jen stared down as coworkers and customers encircled her, she was like a mountain peak among rolling hills - literally everyone in the store looked up in awe of the woman who just grew about two feet taller in front of them.

“Please put your phones away,” Jen said softly. She folded her arms across her chest, trying to cover up breasts poking through her skin tight dress. Judging by her perspective compared everyone around her, she had to be about 8 feet tall, far taller than she could have possibly imagined just days ago.

“Please.” Jen took a long step toward the nearest customer recording her. Jen’s shredded skit hiked up and further exposed her butt as her thickened thighs threatened to tear the whole dress in half. Her bare foot landed with a heavy thud, and the customer retreated a couple steps, eyes widening at the giant approaching Jen.

“Sorry.” The customer stuffed her phone back in her bag. Jen didn’t mean to scare her, Jen was just as scared as anyone, but her sheer size and imposing height was intimidating alone. No one had ever been intimidated by Old Jen. Who would be scared of a slight woman under five feet tall with zero self confidence? But Eight Foot Jen? Growing Eight Foot Jen? Who wouldn’t be?

“Thank you,” Jen said with a smiled she hoped was friendly, but more likely just awkward. She watched the others put their phones away as well, eyes still locked on Jen, waiting for her next action.

An honest smile quirked Jen’s lips. She had stood up to Monica and put her in her place. She asked these people to do something and they obeyed her immediately. This was what she wanted, right? People to notice her? To listen to her? She didn’t want people to fear her, though. Jen had been so tormented, so trapped by fear her entire life, she never wanted to inflict that kind of pain on anyone else.

Jen’s eyes locked with Emma, the coworker she helped in the storeroom. Emma must have noticed Jen’s quick smile, because she was smiling back herself. She gave Jen and short nod, as if to say you got this.

“And then she took my phone and smashed it!” A screeching voice came from behind Jen. Monica marches out from the back with her mother in tow, the former red-eyed, cheeks flush with tears. She stormed up to Jen, completely unfazed by her latest growth spurt.

Monica pointed up at Jen extending her arm all the way to reach. Jen had to tilt her head down, chin almost touching her sternum to see Monica’s face beneath the slight sight swell of her breasts. Jen was a good two feet taller than Monica, far taller that Monica had ever been compared to her.

“You owe me a new phone, giant freak!” Monica wailed. “You’re a monster! Mom! Fire her! Call the cops, she’s going break something else! Or worse!”

Jen flinched. “Don’t say that.” She glanced around at the others, still staring at her. “I’m not a freak or a monster. I don’t know why this happening to me, but I promise I won’t hurt anyone.”

“Bullshit!” Monica screamed. “You all saw her! She went crazy and smashed my phone! Now she’s even bigger! She’s gonna be big enough to step on a person soon! She’ll be able to smash a whole car or something!”

Jen blanched. “I would never! And I won’t get that big!” Surely she wouldn’t. Jen glanced down a Monica’s smashed phone by her expanded feet. A whole person beneath her once tiny foot? A car in crushed in her hand like on that movie poster? It was impossible. Wasn’t it? Jen’s heart raced. Even though she wasn’t growing again, the store felt like it was shrinking down around her. Why couldn’t she get that big? Eight feet should have been an impossibility, and yet here she was. Was there a limit to how big she could get? A person underfoot? A car? A building? A city?

Jen gulped back sickness in her throat. She had to get out of there.

Jen looked past Monica to her mother. “I’m sorry for causing a scene, Mrs. Keller.” She pushed Monica aside with ease, one hand moving her out of the way like she was a child.

An audible gasp emanated from the rest of her coworkers and customers as Jen stepped toward them. Each step made a heavy slap against the concrete store floor and her coworkers and customers parted to make way as Jen approached. Jen cheeks were ablaze as they stared up at her tattered clothes and exposed body. “Sorry for scaring anyone too.”

Jen ducked slightly to avoid banging her head on the store’s entrance. She went out into the mall where she was greeted with more stares. Luckily it was still morning and mostly empty, but the few people there were enthralled by the eight foot woman emerging from the store.

She picked up her paced. Faster steps fostered louder ones, her bare feet thudded against the mall floor and she was almost at a sprint to the exit. Widening strides further destroyed her already wrecked dress, the people behind her got a full view of her pale butt as the tattered dress flap rose with each step. Jen pushes the front down with her hand in an attempt to avoid similar exposure of her crotch.

The mall doors flew open as Jen pushed with increased strength. She gazed out into the parking lot from her much higher vantage. “Where is my-“ Jen’s stomach sank deeper. In her haste she forgot to grab her bag with keys, phone, wallet and just about everything else she owned. She glanced back at the mall doors. She couldn’t go back. She couldn’t face everyone again with their ogling stares and fearful faces. She couldn’t handle being called a monster by Monica again.

“You probably can’t even drive safely at this size,” she tired to rationalize with herself. She didn’t have a phone to call Annie to come get her either. She was stuck. Jen turned back to the parking lot. “Maybe I can just walk home. It’s only a few miles I think. Annie can pick up my stuff when she gets home.”

“Hey.” A voice somewhere below Jen said. She looked down to her right and saw Emma lifting Jen’s bag up to her. “You forgot this.” Jen hadn’t even noticed her leaving the mall.

Jen took the bag, the strap was so small in her hand, it weighed so little to her now. She smiled down at Emma, who was absolutely diminutive compared to her. Emma’s frizzy haired head just reached Jen’s navel. And to think Jen had been even shorter than her just days ago!

“Thanks, Emma.” Jen rifled around in the bag and pulled out her keys. They were so small in her hand, each finger - even her pinkie - were almost twice as long as the car key, her middle finger just a smidge longer.

“I haven’t taken my break yet. I can drive you and your car home, if you want,” Emma offered.

Jen thought for a moment. She could call Annie, or have Emma call her, imagining how cumbersome it would likely be for Jen with her huge fingers and comparatively tiny phone. She always called Annie for help, always relied on her to bail Jen out of any jam. Not this time. “That would be so great.” Jen’s fingers dropped the keys into Emma’s waiting palm. “I hope I can squeeze in the back seat.”

Jen and Emma made it to the car, an aging compact sedan that Jen absolutely towered over. Jen pulled the back passengers side door open as gently as possible and crouched down to gauge the space inside. Emma was already pulling the front seats as forward as they went.

Jen shimmied her way into the back seat, shoving her long legs in first, bare feet pressed against the other door. She shuffled her shoulders through, ducking her head as she slipped in. She tucked her knees up, soles of her feet pressed against one door, dirty toe prints making impressions on the window. Her was head pressed precariously against the roof. Jen felt that if she even breathed too deep, her body would explode out of the car, but she fit. Just as long as she didn’t grow again.

Emma peeked back at her in the rear view mirror. “You good?”

“Good enough.”

***

Jen and Emma stood in the by the door of Jen’s apartment. Jen had to duck to get in and her top of her head almost grazed the ceiling.

“You were awesome back there.” Emma looked up at Jen with an expression she rarely saw. Admiration. “Monica deserves to get put in her place.”

Jen smiled and averted her eyes from Emma’s glowing face. “Thanks, but I’m probably getting fired as we speak.”

“Who cares, you’re better than that job. Bigger that it!” Emma said with a broad grin.

Jen offered a strained smile back. “I don’t think my roommate would like having to cover the rent all by herself. I really should probably call her, actually.” Jen plucked her phone out of the bag, the whole device fit comfortably in her palm. There were over a dozen missed calls and unread messages from Annie.

The most recent message said: “dude you’re going viral”

Below was link to a video with the title “NSFW GIANT GIRL GOES CRAZY AT STORE”. The thumbnail picture was of Jen screaming at Monica right before she smashed her phone. Panic gripped her. The look on her face was terrifying - red and wide eyed, mouth contorted with rage, veins in her neck bugling. Jen didn’t know that kind of anger existed inside her. And she hated it. Guilt over how scary she must have seemed to everyone at the store and now everyone who saw the video online.

She pressed one huge, shaking finger to the link and opened the video. “No.” Jen whispered as she saw the view count. Over 2,000 in the last hour alone.

Jen’s big secret wasn’t so secret anymore.