- Text Size +
“Please check again.” Jen pressed her socked feet down and pushed her back flush against the wall.

“I already measured you three times,” Annie said. “It’s not going to change.”

“Please!”

“Alright, alright.” Annie bent down and tucked the end of a tape measure under Jen’s heel. “Your feet stink, by the way.”

After discovering Jen sprouted up a few inches, she and Annie bailed from the gym back home. Jen hadn’t bothered to shower or even change out of her sweaty workout clothes. She just peeled off the busted sneakers and asked Annie to measure her.

Annie pulled the tape up to the top of Jen’s brunette head. “Told you. Same is before. You’re 5’3” now.”

Jen stood silent for a moment, processing the information. “People just don’t randomly grow four inches in their mid twenties.”

“Except that’s exactly what’s happened.” Annie let the tape snap back into its container. “Maybe you’re like a late bloomer or whatever. Check the internet, I bet you’ll find other people who’ve had a late growth spurt like this.”

Jen pulled out her phone, chewing her lip as she scrolled through the results. She found a few random stories about adults having late growth spurts, mostly men, a couple famous basketball players among them.

“Maybe your puberty glands or whatever are messed up,” Annie continued. “That’s a thing, right?”

Jen’s fingers tapped furiously, distress mounting on her face. “There’s something about gigantism...” More tapping. “...and a tumor on your pituitary gland..” She jammed the phone into Annie face. “...and this says it’s fatal!” Jen screeched. “Am I going to die?”

Annie squinted, examining Jen’s hasty research. “Nah, that gigantism thing causes all sorts of deformities and stuff. You’re still the right-“ Annie traced a narrow rectangle in the air with her hands. “Jen-Shape. Just magnified.”

Jen slumped against the wall, searching medical diagnosis websites, each dire result ratcheting her anxiety up to a greater degree.

“Put that away or you’ll give yourself a heart attack.” Annie pushed Jen’s phone back into her pocket. “Try being positive for once. You wanted to be taller for as long as we’ve known each other, now you are! You’re not sick or in pain or anything right?”

Jen clutched the phone in her pocket, resisting the urge to pull it back out and diagnose herself with some horrific mutation. “No,” she said softly. “I feel fine.” She felt better than fine, her body was still humming from the morning’s workout. Beneath the dread of being inflicted with a terminal illness, she was excited about the prospect of being a little bit taller.

“Then don’t worry so much. It’s only a few inches.” Annie gently placed her hand on Jen’s head. “Even a couple more wouldn’t be terrible. Wouldn’t it be awesome if you were like 5’6”?” Annie’s hand rose up so it was level with the top of her own blonde curls. “Or even 5’8” like me?”

Jen face went flush at the thought of standing eye to eye with Annie. She always looked up to Annie - literally and figuratively. If they were the same height, or even close, maybe Jen could finally overcome her fears and tell Annie how she really felt. She was nauseous even thinking about it, so maybe not.

“I think you should take a long shower and relax.” Annie said. “Worrying yourself sick about a tumor won’t change anything.”

Jen sighed. “Yeah. Okay.”

“Good!” Annie gave her a thumbs up. “I have some errands I was going to run after the gym. I’ll get something for dinner and some cheap champagne. Five reps and three inches! Thats cause to celebrate!” Annie held up her hand for a high five.

Jen slapped it gently, noticing she didn’t have to push up on her toes to reach Annie’s hand.

***

After a shower, Jen slipped into an oversized shirt and underwear settled into the couch. She couldn’t stop thinking about Annie and her being the same size. She imagined them snuggled together on that same couch. Jen was nuzzling the back of Annie’s neck, their hands locked at each other’s waists, legs entwined.

Jen gave a quick look around, just to make sure Annie wasn’t home. She shimmied up her shirt and slipped one hand into her underwear.

She touched herself tenderly, knees rubbing together as she adjusted herself to the perfect position. Heat rushed from her belly to her cheeks and a few soft moans slipped her lips.

Jen imagined herself growing beyond the boundaries of Annie’s body. Thin fingers lengthening, her hand swelling around Annie’s. Jen’s feet pushed past the end of the couch, toes wiggled as they flirted with the lamp on their end table. As her size overtook Annie, Jen rested her cheek on the top of Annie’s head. She was bigger than Annie. Bigger than Monica even. And getting bigger still.

As terrifying as her growth was in real life, she didn’t want it to stop in her fantasy. All her adult life Jen’s mind was cluttered with daydreams of her being taller than her peers, not a giant or anything crazy like that, just a little bigger than at least one other person in her life. It happening for real now was scary... but like Annie said, what harm was a few inches?

Imaginary Annie shifted her arms, she was so cute - smaller than Jen had ever been to her. Jen pulled her closer as Annie scooter up to meet Jen’s face. She tilted her head up, curly mess of hair brushing against Jen’s cheek. Annie kissed Jen, lips soft and sweet and small.

Jen let out a constrained gasp as she climaxed. She pulled her shirt down and folded her hands on her belly. A faint and warm buzz lingered there, even after she had finished and began drifting to contented sleep.

***

Jen was awakened by the sound of keys jangling and bags rustling in the kitchen.

She rolled off the couch, adjusting her panties, which were digging into her butt. After a big stretchy yawn, Jen tugged down her night shirt as she stood. Where earlier it fell to her knees, now it clung to her thighs. Jen shimmied her hips as she tried to pull it down more, but the shirt hugged her like a second kin. Jen grumbled and shuffled toward the kitchen.

A crown of blonde hair bobbed past her down the hallway, just below Jen’s sight line. She frozen where she stood and rubbed her eyes. Surely she hadn’t seen what she just saw.

The blonde head bobbed backward until it stopped in front of Jen. She held a breath and slowly lowered her gaze.

Annie stared up at her, mouth agape. It was as if they switched bodies, Annie’s head just reaching the level of Jen’s nose.

What actually happened was even more terrifying for Jen. She had grown again and judging by her comparison to Annie, was almost six feet tall.