- Text Size +

Clearing my brain of the shock I reminded myself that I was small.  Hell I was damn tiny.  But not invisible.  I just needed to be seen.  I probably couldn't be heard but I surely could be felt.  I started leaping up and down on Erica's leg.  People noticed ants and I was somewhat bigger than one of those so odds were in my favor.  For one thing I didn't look anything like a bug.


After just a few seconds of this Erica's leg twitched slightly.  To me it was like a major quake and I fell prone.  But I apparently had her attention.  Looking up though I didn't see her looking down at me.  But five massive pillars were coming down towards me.  


I started running, realizing Erica was going to scratch the itch.  If she saw me at all it would be as a broken thing caught in her fingernails.  I made it maybe a few steps before one of the fingers slammed into the ground in front of me.  I tried veering to the side but it quickly slid down her leg and slammed into me.


Luck?  Fate?  The universe wanting to prolong my misery?  Somehow instead of falling under the finger I ended up pressed against it as it quickly resolved what was irritating Erica.  I squeezed against it as tightly as I could as falling off meant instead of riding along with it that I would be crushed under it like what was almost certainly intended.  


Then it started rising up into the sky.  The air pressing against me caused me to feel like i was going to lose my grip and I resisted the urge to look down as I was sure I was far higher already than I'd been when Erica had grabbed my underwear.  The fingers started curling inwards fortunately and instead of holding onto a wall I found myself gripping a floor.  


I started slowly crawling further up the finger wanting to be away from the edge as I heard another loud noise.  I then noticed that I was still rising up and looking around could see the blue of Erica's dress.  She was standing up.  


Loud steady thumping sounds came from far below that I now recognized as Erica's shoes hitting the ground.  Turning I watched as we exited the living room where I'd fallen asleep and entered the kitchen.  The thumps became louder cracking noises as the heels hit the tile floor instead of rug.   We quickly came to the door and Erica stopped briefly.


I had just a second to realize what was happening the ground started flipping sideways.  Knowing what was coming I looked down and saw the massive surface of another of Erica's fingers below.  Seeing how the part I was hanging on was almost certainly heading to press me between it and a door knob the risk was worth it as I let go.


My aim was indeed good and while the fall was far enough that I would feel it it wasn't so far that I was going to recieve anything worse than some bruising.  The problem was the ground was turning again as Erica turned the knob.  I held on quite literally for life and adding to my problem was that I was now on the outside of her finger instead of inside.  Erica's hand wasn't going to curl in such a way that I could rest for a bit.   


A wave of heat hit me as Erica went outside.  It was going to be over a hundred today.  I remembered that.  And it apparently was already well on it's way to reaching that.  I continued to cling tightly as she walked but my grip was slowly weakening.  Her hand then jerked suddenly and I found myself flying.  The wind blew against me and I had to close my eyes from it's force until I impacted against something soft.  It hurt still.  But maybe due to the material.  Maybe because at my size impacts weren't quite as intense.  Either way I was alive.  


Something massive fell from above landing not far from where I was knocking me down once more as the entire terrain shifted.  I looked up to see Erica's face far above.  Unfortunately she wasn't looking down and quickly turned away and the loud clacking of her heels soon receeded from my perception.


I could still feel the heat beating on me although not as bad as before.   Looking around I realized I was standing on a cloth material that was black with various colored lines cutting across it.  It seemed to be on top of another much bigger gray object.  And not far from me was the item that Erica had almost killed me with.  A massive black thing that I couldn't even see across it's entire length.  My own pants.  


Erica had tossed me into the laundry basket that Amber kept outside.  Smooth white walls extended above me in all directions.  I was in deep trouble.  They were leaving today.  I only lived a few blocks away and had walked here.  So they didn't even have the presence of my car to realize that I hadn't left.  Hell, they probably would think I went home to get something and was going to meet up later.


I sat there thinking about the fact I was literally going to die of dehydration in a laundry basket of all things.  Between the fear and the heat and everything else I zoned out a bit losing track of time.  Huddled up I wasn't paying attention to the various giants moving around in the world outside my prison.  I probably should have as a shadow covered me and I barely had a chance to look up and see an enormous hand reaching down.  


There wasn't even time to try and react as the hand slammed down on me trapping me between it's surface and that of the clothing below me.  I could barely move as strength beyond anything I could even begin to muster held me in place.  Then I was dropped a short distance and bounced down the black surface a bit before I could gather my bearings.


Where I could see Amber.  Tiny little Amber who barely stood up to my shoulders.  Wearing a pink t-shirt shirt with a silly cartoon unicorn on it.  Who had just nearly crushed me without even realizing it.  It hammered home more than anything so far about my situation.  I watched as she lifted up a lid that seemed like an entire city block could be sat upon it.  She then turned back to me and her hand reached down grabbing the object on which I stood.  This time from a point not near me and I was sent tumbling off of it as she lifted it into the sky.  


As my back hit something hard I realized in this case it was probably good that I'd fallen off of it as I watched Amber toss what I could see was a bathing suit top into the washing machine.  If I'd still been on it I would've been drowned when she turned it on.  As it was I was now on top of the dryer.  Which meant I had one more chance.  When Amber came to dry the bathing suit I could get her attention.