- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

"And that makes seven.  I win."  I laughed as I gathered all the cards and started packing them back into the box.  The somewhat blurry box.  Maybe I had had too much to drink.  Or maybe I just needed sleep. Then again that could probably be said of all of us.


"I don't know if that last round is actually fair Rick.  I mean how could you lose playing a mime having a stroke?"  Amber shook her head, long brown hair flipping around wildly.  The amused glint in her blue eyes told me her real thoughts.  Everything the last hour or so had been ridiculous.  


Then her husband Mark came over yawning widely.  "Well we do have a big weekend ahead.  Someone can beat you later.  Mark was a bit on the short side at 5'4" although that still put him above Amber's 5'2".  I was the tallest in our group at an even six feet. 


 Also with us were Erica, one of Amber's closest friends who was five and a half feet with short brown hair.  She was a bit on the chubby side but not heavily so.  Sitting beside her was another of Amber's friends, Rose.  Thin with her blond hair tied in a long braid and blue eyed she stood just an inch shorter than Erica meaning she was still taller than Mark if only barely.  And finally Sally and her husband Brad.  Sally and Brad were the exact same height at 5'8" although they couldn't be more different otherwise.  She was on the heavy side with long black hair and and dark eyes while he was thin with red hair and green eyes.  Brad tended to be a bit on the quiet side while Sally was loud to say the least.  


Although she was silent right now.  Until I heard the loud buzzing that I realized was her snoring.  I smothered a laugh realizing she'd fallen asleep.  She and Amber had been competing to see who could drink the most so I guess it wasn't surprising.  

"Why don't you go and rest on the couch?"  Amber's voice brought me back briefly to reality.  "You look almost as out of it as Sally.  We'll see if anyone forgot anything in the morning and if so grab it before we head out."  Hearing another loud snore from Sally, Amber smiled wider.  "Okay, maybe we'll see in the afternoon."  


I couldn't argue with this.  As I got up from the table I nearly stumbled.  Clearly I was even more drunk than I'd realized.  I slowly meandered to the house and finally got myself into the living room.  I reached towards the couch and I think I felt the comforting feel of a pillow before blacking out.  Tomorrow then.  And not so much to drink.  


When I woke up my head was pounding.   I remembered drinking the night before but had I really had that much?  Opening my eyes I realized it was completely dark.  I must not have slept as long as I'd expected.  Rubbing my eyes I reached around for a lamp or the edge of the couch before realing that I wasn't feeling anything.  In fact I didn't feel anything on me.  I know I was wearing clothes.  Where the heck had they gone.  Was someone playing a prank on me?


If so this was one crazy prank.  I slowly crawled forward realizing that they had to have moved me too.  There was just too much space.  I finally decided to stand up and bumped my head against some sort of thick cloth.  I realized it felt the same as whatever I was standing on as well.  This was just getting weirder.  In fact my stomach dropped a little as my nerves started rising.


I continued to be confused when I heard a sound like a large heavy object hitting the ground in the distance.  This was followed almost instantly by the same sound but closer.  Between the darkness and the disorientation not to mention not really knowing what I was hearing I couldn't really guess how close it was as the sound repeated itself a few more times clearly nearing my position quickly.  It then become softer although still noticable as if the object was now landing on something that was cushioning it's impact somewhat.  


The impacts stopped suddenly when it felt like they were almost adjacent to wherever I was.  I tried once more to figure out what was going on when the ground jolted wildly.  I'd felt some pretty big quakes in my life but none of them were as sharp and brutal as this one as it sent me up in the air briefly although not very long as I hit that strange cloth ceiling once more before bouncing into the ground.  It was probably lucky that this cushioning was around as I'd hate to think of what would've happened if I'd been on a harder surface.


But the quake if that was what it was ended almost immediately.  The ground must've collapsed as I was holding onto the weird fabric to prevent myself from falling as instead of being almost level the floor was leaning at an extremely steep angle.  


Then I heard another sound.  A loud one.  But this one was strangest of all.  It almost sounded like a woman except it was loud indistinct roar from far above.  I didn't even get to think about this latest development as the ground tilted again, this time in the opposite direction.  I grabbed onto the wall or floor or whatever it was I was holding onto tightly as it felt like the entire location I was in was somehow rising.  Then it felt like somehow the whole region was sliding downwards as it rose before I definitely could feel that wherever I was was falling once more.  I got a brief glimpse of something.  An opening perhaps?  I couldn't be sure as it was quite a distance away but I saw something massive and an oddly familiar shade of blue through it before I was knocked to my knees as I hit whatever was below me.  The fall hadn't been far fortunately and other than some minor aches that I was sure I'd recover from quickly, I seemed to be okay.  


And finally I had light as I watched the ceiling I was in rise up.  I was in a strange white cave but I could see stains of yellow in some locations.  Which was crazy enough as it was.  But even weirder were four long objects that were sliding along the top of the cave.  Which made no sense.  Because each was covered in skin, very slightly tanned as if they'd been out in the sun a bit.  My brain refused to acknowledge the truth that I was staring at.  As each of the four objects was vastly longer than I was tall.  You could put eight of me together standing on each other's shoulders and still be short of the length of these.  And each was covered on one side by a hard clear shield that extended ever so slightly from them.  


I had to be dreaming.  This was not reality.  My cave suddenly twisted once more and in my state of shock I forgot to hold on.  I was sliding and then falling, bouncing and rolling down the white walls until I fell through some sort of opening and continued with a short free fall until I landed on something else.  This time not made of fabric.  


I slowly got up, feeling the ground I was standing on shaking ever so slightly.  It was giving off heat.  And was same color as the four massive objects I'd seen just seconds ago.  Slightly tanned.  Flesh.  I was standing on flesh.  But flesh that extended hundreds of feet in length in front of me.  To my left it seemed to curve until it went down somewhere out of sight.  To my right maybe twenty or thirty feet away was a blue fabric that I realized was what I'd seen earlier in the cave.  Blue but covered in white winding patterns that ended in flower designs bigger than I was.  And behind me both the flesh and blue fabric curved down just like it did to my left. 

 
"Eww."  That feminine voice I'd heard earlier rumbled even louder.  And it was definitely female.  And I realized familiar just like the blue fabric was.  I looked up at an arm that was much larger than most houses as it held the object I'd been in up til this point.  The object I now realized was my own underwear.  


"Seriously, one of you guys is disgusting."  That voice rumbled from above like I imagined some god would do.  Or in this case goddess.  Except as I turned I knew I wasn't going to be looking at an actual god.  I found myself staring at a familiar face indeed.  With short brown hair.   Or it would've been short once upon a time.  Now I could probably treat each hair as a rope.  Two brown eyes were fixated on my underwear, nose wrinkled in clear annoyance.  


Erica's nose.  And I was on Erica's right leg which was hanging out of a slit on her blue dress.  And I was in Amber's living room at maybe a quarter of an inch tall.  And if I didn't figure out a way to get Erica's attention soon I suspected my life expectancy was going to be even shorter than my height.