- Text Size +

The Chosoke Clan was well known for being quite spiritual, their lands devoted to the worship of Himiko as few places on earth were. The people lived and breathed the faith. It was a way of life. From the moment one was born to the moment they died it was a lifetime spent in service to Himiko. This burden fell very hard on the head of the clan. They were expected to exemplify the tenants of the faith, to devote themselves wholly and only to Himiko.

The youngest head of the clan in history, Yuki Chosoke was considered to be touched by Himiko herself. She had been granted communion with God and thus many considered her to be a divine prophet and the mouth of the Empress. The woman Did not consider herself to be so of course as that was the height of arrogance.

As clan head however it was her duty to make sure that her flock followed the way. She was the guiding hand of Himiko's faith. Unfortunately, as she often found, the children of God often rejected her holy design. When such cases arose it was also her duty to deal with such things. This was the case as she looked out over the gathered populace of the village. Recent conquests in the war taken from Aika Satou.

Her eyes turned back over the sorry sight of the corpse in a shroud before her. One of her priests. Beaten to death evidently by the populace due to their aggrevation over lack of food supplies due to the poor harvest this season. She noted, with more than a tinge of disgust that bits of her flesh had been cut off, likely to be eaten.

She replaced the shroud over the priestess and offered a tiny prayer over her. She was in Himiko's hands now and would either be found worthy of paradise or not. As they all would. For now she looked out over the people, surrounded by her samurai. The samurai of the Chosoke Clan bore the garments of monks and were famous in their abilities with the spear. The wore the beads of their order around their necks and held their spears at their sides, eyes stern upon the populace gathered.

"Life is a wonderful thing." Yuki said, startling the people in the crowd. "A wonderous thing really. Think about it. What are the odds that we are all of us right here, right now in the same place at the same time? That we have the ability to understand one anothers words so easily. We can partake of good food and make of this very land what we wish. We can construct housing to shield ourselves. We love. We hate. We laugh. We cry." Yuki said as she walked gracefully past the ring of samurai to a woman that looked at her fearfully.

These people had probably never seen a general before, much less one so graceful and well dressed as Yuki. She looked so soft and cute, the red haired priestess perfect from her pale cheeks to her clear white clothes. Yuki took the woman's hand, uncaring of how dirty it was.

"Life is wonderful. We all of us get to write the pages of a book more grand than any fiction, our own stories. What will we experience? What will we succeed at? What will we fail at? All of it is the story of us. Himiko gives us all a blank book. It is up to us to fill the pages." The girl said with a soft smile to the woman as she released her hand and stepped back.

"Don't see Himiko giving us food!" Called a voice from the crowd.

The samurai surged forward immediately with spears however Yuki held up a dainty hand. She waited as the crowd parted and revealed a mature and tired looking woman. Easily twice Yuki's age. She stared down at Yuki as the priestess looked at her.

"What is your name friend?" Yuki asked as she walked forward to stand before the woman that towered a head above her.

"Momo, and I'm no friend of yours, fanatic." The woman said. "I've lived in Satou lands all my life, we all have. The Satou clan has always done right by us. You lot though, you come in and take everything. You killed our husbands and wives!" The woman said.

Yuki however simply smiled up at the woman. "I am happy to have met you, Momo. I am Yuki Chosoke. A 'fanatic' as you so eloquently put it. Let me ask you something. Did you take part in killing Sister Fina?" She asked.

The woman sneered. "I'm the one that did that to her pretty face." She said. "Ain't afraid to do it to yours either. I've got nothing to lose."

"I see. Life is indeed a wonderful thing. However occasionally we fill the pages of the books of our lives with such filth. Sin. Blasphemy. We take the pages Himiko gave us upon birth and wipe our asses with them before throwing them back into her face." Yuki said, such words falling from her lips easily.

"These samurai I have brought with me. They killed your loved ones for standing up to them. Standing up to them meant they were ready to accept being cut down. We took your supples, but it was the harvest that was what hurt your people. It appears there might have been a reason for that." The woman said as she turned her back and started walking back away.

The surly woman growled. "That doesn't make it right!"

Yuki stopped midstep. "Right... Was what you did to Fina right? Did you know she petitioned me personally to come here? She heard about the hard times this place had and wanted to preach the word of Himiko. She wanted to help people. Now she'll never help anyone again."

The woman was silent at that. Yuki turned back around with a smile, clapping her hands together. "Now then. As far as I have seen you are all sinful. Those of you that didn't help murder Fina stood by and did nothing, indeed covering it up. Lies make the words between us all meaningless and twist language to be worthless." She said, still rather calm.

"If you pray for forgiveness however, I will offer you all mercy and forgivenss. Kneel before me and pray to Himiko to wash your sin away." Yuki said at length.

There was silence and indeed a ripple of disbelief as Yuki stood there smiling softly at all of them like they were merely children that had misbehaved and she would grant a slap on the wrist. One man fell to his knees, followed by another. Eventuallty there was one woman still standing. Momo. She spat to the side and glared at Yuki.

The redhead listened to their prayers and closed her eyes, praying for their souls to be forgiven by the great Goddess of All. "Himiko, find forgiveness for those that have sinned. Let their souls be washed clean. Let those that reject your light eventually be made to see it."

With that done Yuki suddenly swelled upwards in size, people looking at the shadow of her form as it loomed over the village until she reached an easy two hundred feet tall. The high priestess of Himiko looked around at her feet. The samurai formed a tight ring with their spears. "Not her." She pointed at Momo. "She has not been absolved. Take her aside."

The woman fought and struggled as a pair of Samurai dragged her to the side, the rest of the villagers struggling against the samurai holding them in a tight ring. "You- what are you doing! You said you'd forgive them!" Momo shouted up at the giant. She was silenced as one of the samurai punched her in the gut.

Yuki looked down at her with a soft smile. "I did indeed. They are forgiven here. Whether or not they are forgiven by Himiko however, that will be between them and her." The redheaded priestess said.

One man was pushed forward by the samurai, falling onto his knees and pleading for his life up to the giant priestess. The priestess shook her head. "Your mortal forms are filthy with sin and blood. Disgusting. Covered in your crimes. They will stain your souls trapped inside there. So I'll free them."

Yuki lifted up a dainty sandal clad foot, lifting the hem of her hakama up slightly so she could angle her foot. She brought it down harshly, a sickening crunch sounding out as the man was pulped beneath the general's foot. She twisted her foot to ensure his body was completely destroyed before looking at the rest. "Next."

"You monster! Th-this isn't what you promised!" Momo screamed up at Yuki as a crying and begging woman was brought before Yuki's feet. She rushed forward and tried to kiss and beg at her pure white tabi clad toes, flicked back by an idly motion of Yuki's foot.

"It is a mercy, Momo. A mercy to be granted death and purity before Himiko." Yuki said as she brought her foot down on the woman, ending her screams abruptly.

One by one they were brought before Yuki. Man, woman, or child, they were placed before the feet of the High Priestess and their blood stained the soles of her sandals and the ground. She never stopped no matter how much the screamed or cried or begged, crushing them all until only Momo was left alive.

The woman looked far different now. She looked unbelieving at what she had seen. Hollow. Broken at the sight of the massacre of an entire village. Yuki turned and started scraping the bottoms of her sandals on a nearby building, getting the mangled gore and blood out as much as she could. Her eyes then turned upon Momo.

"Now then. You rejected my mercy, therefore you must repent, heathen." Yuki said. The samurai dragged her before the High Prietess and the woman looked up at her, not comprehending much as her mind was numbed by the sheer amount of death she had witnessed.

"You will feel the steps back to my holy city, feel them break your bones and contemplate your lack of faith. I am very good at this. I have walked from the former capital of the nation to my home without killing sinners. It is a specialty of mine." Yuki said.

She slipped her foot from her sandal and slowly, very slowly, pulled her soft and flawless petite foot from within the fabric of the tabi upon it. She wriggled her toes in the free air and wobbled slightly as she stood on one foot. The young High Priestess reached down and gripped Momo between her fingers. The woman very slowly realized what was happening. Oh she started screaming and flailing and wriggling in Yuki's fingers, resembling a worm trying anything to not be placed on a fishhook.

"Please no! I repent! I repent! Oh Himiko please have mercy! I'm sorry!" Momo screamed as she was held over the opening of Yuki's tabi, a pure white hole below her.

Yuki smiled. "Good, that is a good first step. You may be worthy of Himiko's mercy yet. Reflect on that feeling inside of you now. On the long walk back." Yuki dropped the woman into the tabi without any further preamble.

She of course tried to climb back out but soon found Yuki's shapely toes barreling over her, pushing her down and back into the sea of fabric. Momo's screams became muffled as she was pinned under the sole of the redheaded priestess, her form outlined upon the bottom of the sock for any to see. The High Priestess flexed and curled her toes, the squirms of the woman only growing from the shifting of her foot giving her a mouthful of the peachy sole.

Yuki flossed her toes on the strap of the sandal and stepped down on the woman, pressing down upon her ever so. She could feel the groan and creak of bones and the struggles froze as the skin of Yuki's sole conformed to Momo's shape. She looked at her samurai. "Burn the place. It reeks with sin and is an eyesore." The woman commanded.

Her samurai bowed and set to work on the taske given to her. For her part Yuki knew her orders would be carried out and took her first step in the direction of her home. She felt a tiny snap as one of Momo's legs broke. Yuki chuckled as she felt the squirms intensify from the agony of the pressure and a bone breaking. "Oh Child, didn't you know? One must be broken before they can stand before God clean of sin."