- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Since I figured most of my chapters are published at night, I decided to write this chapter in the morning. More exposure throughout the day.
The 29th and 30th were basically a endless cycle of playing Video Games, watching TV, and using the internet for things like "Newgrounds" or "Youtube" and the occasional porn search. Surviving off of Subway and Carl's Jr for those two days. Dave was basically burnt out.

Friday, December 31st, 2010.
I wake up, it's 9:32am on the clock on my nightstand. I get up, brush my teeth, and get myself clothed. I check my Blackberry for any missed calls or texts. I see nothing. I get up, step on a Carl's Jr bag from the other night. I pick it up and ball it up, throwing it into a trash can. I walk to the kitchen. "Damn, it's the last day of the year" I say to myself, as I grab the box of Strawberry Pop-Tarts and pull out a package.

I put the two Pop-Tarts in the the toaster and turn on the living room TV, I flick through a couple of channels, I settle for a movie channel, I watch the last 25 minutes of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and eat.

"Well, that was interesting" I say, getting up when it goes to credits. I put my plate in the sink and get a glass of milk. I drink it and go to my room, halfway at my room, my phone rings.

I answer it, "Hello" I say, knocking back the empty glass a bit.

"Yooo, bro. The party is tonight, it's going be be banging ain't it?" Adam says, enthusiastically.

"I guess, you've never been to a party haven't you?" I say.

"Well, one time back in 7th grade I snuck into one of Steven's parties and I got kicked out for "Being a fucking kid". Does that count?" Adam says.

"Well no, obviously. Where is your older brother anyways, I haven't heard about him in awhile" I say.

"His Girlfriend got a job in Boston two years ago and he moved with her, remember?" He says.

"I forgot about that. But yeah. When does the party start? Becky never told us about that" I say, walking towards the couch and sitting down, the movie "Meet The Parents" is on the TV.

"You got her number?" He says.

"No, but I'm gonna guess and say around 9 she's gonna start the party" I say.

"It's 10:25 right now, so we've got, like nine hours until that time?" Adam says.

"Yeah, you want me to pick you up and fuck around for the rest of the day until then?" I say, trying to change the channel to something else.

"Nah, me and my parents just got back from a hike in the Tillamook forest. I'm fucking tired dude. Wanna meed up around 7 and do some stuff before we go to her party" He says, you can hear his parents in the background talking and walking upstairs, where he is.

"Yeah, ok. 7 it is" I say, Adam hangs up the phone.

After that, for a hour I watch a comedy special on HBO with Dave Chappelle that seems to be from about ten years ago. Then after that I go out to the Fred Meyer and get a box of Cheez-Its, a box of Milk Duds, and a pack of orange Fanta cans.

As I walk out of the store, noticing everything in my bag orange, I laugh to myself. As I put my bags in the back of my hatchback. I drive back home, "Day 'n' Night" by Kid Cudi is playing off of the radio. As I pull in, I notice there's a green 1997 Ford-F15O with a California licence plate on the curb of the house. I look confused and pull into the driveway. I turn off the car and get out with my bags.

I open the door, I see a man around what I'd say 40 standing on the carpet, staring at me.

"Who the fuck are you!" I say, dropping my bags onto the counter.

He pulls out a pistol, not breaking eye contact with me.

I lunge towards him, he shoots and he misses, the bullet landing in the front door, I tackle him to the ground. His gun landing on the floor, the trigger going off, shooting him in the foot, the bullet going into his foot "OH FUCK" he screams, starting to coil up. I get off of him, blood pouring out into the hardwood floor.

I call the police, more blood seems to pour out, the man says "Fuck, Fuck, Fuck me..." the life from his eyes drains, he dies right then and there. The police and EMTs arrive, I explain to the police what happened.

"That man(He points to the body bag being rolled out into the back of the ambulance) was Frank Baker, he's a Canadian citizen who illegally came to the states a year ago, he's robbed 12 other houses in Oregon and California. It's amazing we finally caught him" The police officer says.

"We'll probably investigate here for a couple hours. I will say, this is not how I plan today to go. I thought I would be stuck at some drunk driving checkpoint, not this shit. Crazy how life is, son. Officer McMullen by the way" The officer reaches out his hand.

Dave shakes it and he calls his mom and tells them what happened. They seem to be shocked, but his mom says "Well, at least you're still alive and unscathed" She says. "We'll be back by the third, remember. Love you Davey boy" She says, as she hangs up the phone.

I go outside as the forensic cleaners van pulls up to my house. I get in my car and drive off, I look at the clock in my car. It's 6:20. I sigh to myself, trying to collect my thoughts after the events of the last couple hours. I change the radio from the pop station to a local college station, "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis is playing on it. I keep the radio on that station. I breath in and out, slowly. I turn onto a highway and cruise down it.

About 15 minutes later, I turn onto a exit into a neighborhood area. I look at the clock and see it's 6:37. I call up Adam and tell him what happen.

"Dude, do you still wanna go? What you just went through is some movie type shit" Adam says, surprised.

"Yeah, I still wanna go. The guy was apparently a piece of shit anyways, plus I'll probably be on the local news and newspapers and shit like that. Chicks will probably be so sympathetic towards me anyways, I might finally get some action" I say, turning on a intersection, heading back to my part of town.

"Well, aright then dude. I can make my own ride there, do think Samantha will be there?" He says.

"I don't know, if she will it's gonna be surprise for us. She's not much of a party girl anyways, I know she rather watch go out to eat and chat or to a movie" I say, driving towards the opening towards my neighborhood, turning left.

"Well, aright dude. See you at the party" He says.

"See ya" I say, hanging up my Blackberry.

in about 3 minutes I pull into my driveway, no ones there anymore. I see a man and his wife walk pass my house, waving towards me. I wave back. I go inside, pick up the bags I left on the counter. I place the Fanta package in the pantry, and the Cheez-It box. I pull out the box of milk duds and put it on the kitchen counter. I throw away the bag. I look at the time and it's 7.

I take a shower, freshen up for the party. I put on a grey "The North Face" Jacket I had in the back of my closet, that I haven't worn since 9th grade. "Wow, it still fits" I say when I zip up the jacket. I spray on some cologne I got as a Christmas present this year that grandma sent me. "Damn, this stuff is pretty fucking classy" I say, smelling the cologne rise up off of my jacket. I look at the clock in my room, it's 8:25pm. I put on a pair of white Converse High Tops and grab the Milk Duds box and head out the door.

The song "Hard To Explain" by The Strokes is playing as I put in ignition and drive away. "This college station has some pretty good jams" I say to myself.

I drive further into the neighborhood, I start seeing bigger houses, Luxury cars in the driveways of the houses BMWs, Mercedes-Benzs, and Maseratis.

"Holy shit, so I live in the middle class neighborhood, and they live in the upper middle class/borderline rich neighborhood" I say to myself.

In a couple of minutes I pull up to her house. I see only a couple of cars, I pull up a little bit before the mailbox. The house is pretty big. I walk up to her door and knock, a blond surfer looking guy opens the door.

"Your name, dude?" he says,

"Dave, Dave Reid" I say.

The blond dude, looks at the clipboard with the list of names printed off on them. He taps my name.

"Ah, there you are. Welcome in bro" He says, smiling.

I walk in, with some pride in my step.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews and comments appreciated, they inspire me to write. Constructive criticism welcome also.