- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So, here we are, the last chapter. It's been a joy writing for those who reviewed it and also read it and is reading it too 17785 is the read count for the story as I type this out, that's amazing to me. Thank you.
Wednesday, January 5th, 2011.

I wake up, later than usual. I climb out of the pillowcase. I see that Samantha's bed is made up, and that the TV DVR clock says 12:04. "Jeez, I've been asleep that long?" I say to myself as I drag out the half way finished Oreo out of the pillowcase, I eat a quarter of it and then put it away, wiping the Oreo crumbs off of me. I wonder what I'll do for the day, "Should I go out? Should I stay in?" I say, wondering what I'll do.

"I mean, going out is pretty risky" I say to myself as I walk into the hallways. "I wonder what's in Henry's room?" I say.


I walk into her Samantha's little brother's room "Man, I wish I had a room like this when I was his age, I would of loved it". Henry's room is big, there's a large collection model cars on his wall, mostly muscle cars from the 60s to the 80s. A little shelf built out for them, looks to be about 60 cars. Dave walks around a bit. Plays around on the Newton's Cradle and then walks out, he tries to reach the Model cars but doesn't wanna risk one of them falling off and crushing him.

I look around in Henry's room a bit, I turn on the TV. Cartoon Network is apparently the last channel Henry watched. A programing block of Tom and Jerry is on, I watch it for a couple of minutes out of Nostalgia's sake, reminding me of when I would stay home sick back in 2nd and 3rd and 4th grade, and I'd watch Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon all day, and even a little bit of Boomerang that my mom would watch with me, never really cared much for Disney Channel though.

When the show cuts to commercials I climb up his TV stand and push the off button on his TV, a small blocky TV that looks at least 20 years old, the quality of the screen make it seem so "They can afford all these model cars but they can't give their son a up to date TV? c'mon now" I say to myself as I go out the door.

"I guess I could go out, if I'm careful enough" I say to myself as I walk down the stairs. I get down to the last step and stare at the door for a minute or two. I walk into the living room, I laugh as I think about the events of yesterday "That British girl really could eat" I say to myself. I see that the backyard door was slightly pulled open from last night, a small crease but still manageable for me to fit through. I make a run for it, I make the gap. Outside is cold, not as cold as it was for Christmas time, but still cold. About 60 degrees fahrenheit, or 15 degrees celsius for those who use the metric system, basically anyone who's not American.

The grass is faintly shaded green, but with a good amount of dead patches around the backyard. The air is cold and crisp to me, I hear noises of a car passing by, on the road. Sounds like a old muscle car, probably a 60s Mustang, the song "More Than A Feeling" by Boston blaring out of it. "It's probably that old retired guy down the street still having a midlife crisis" I say to myself, "West Salem has some truly interesting characters". I walk off of the patio and through the grass, luckily there's not any insects I encountered due to the cold besides a couple of worms, but they were near death. But I will say though, you haven't really ever felt fear until you see a slightly wiggling worm as long as a subway train.


I eventually got through the grass that was up to my knees and got up to the back of the wooden fence. "Should I do it? Or should I stay here" I wonder, feeling kinda adventurous also. "Eh, fuck it. You only live once" I say as I slide through the bottom crack. I get a dirt stain on the back of my jacket and jeans from sliding, but I don't really care. I run through the grass, which doesn't seem to be much greener over here (Pun unintended) I run all the way to the slide door. I see a woman, early 20s who seems to be curled up on the loveseat with a cup of hot chocolate and a blanket watching the movie "Sleepless In Seattle", while talking to her friend on the phone, there's a couple of boxes out in the room labeled "John's stuff" and "Ashley's stuff .

"Hmmm, she seems content." I say to myself, realizing that the door is closed shut. I walk around the yard and slide under the gate on the right side of the house. I see that there's a slightly opened window to the kitchen above me. I climb the creases of the side of the house and get up to the ledge, I slide through. I stand up on the ledge to get a good view of the house. The kitchen seems fine, I'm assuming they haven't finished with the process of moving in. There's a couple of Pizza Hut boxes on the counter tops, mostly empty besides a couple of slices of pizza left. And a half finished 2 liter bottle of Pepsi. I jump off and land onto the counter where the faucet is. I sneak around the kitchen a bit, I go into their pantry. Which is basically empty besides a party sized bag of Lays potato chips and a box of Twinkies, which seems to only have 6 left. I go into the chip bag and nibble off of one. I try to be as quite as possible when I do this. I feel the bag move and get toted off. "Oh shit, I whisper".

Ashley doesn't seem to hear me, she's talking on the phone to her friend back in Iowa on how she loves how her father gave her and John money to move out to Oregon from Iowa for John's IT job. "This chick got married young" I say to myself, as I feel the foot steps and the chips slightly moving in the bag as Ashley walks.

Eventually Ashley puts the bag down on the table near the loveseat and gets up to get more hot chocolate. I dig myself out of the bag and walk through the bag opening. I shake myself clean of chip pieces and try to get the grease off of myself. I hear Ashley walking, her voice booming to me through the air. I get startled and fall onto the floor. Ashley walks in a couple seconds after this, she ends the conversation with her friend and says "2:10, only a couple of hours until John gets home. I guess I can relax some more and get maybe a hour of sleep in" she says, her pushing her chestnut hair back. She walks over to the loveseat and sees that the chips are all scattered out on the table.

"Weird, I didn't open the chips up, maybe the bag unfolded or something" She says, picking up one of the chip pieces and eating it. I'm under the table, ducked down for she can't see me. A couple of crumbs land near under the table, I quickly grab one of them and eat it. The crumb the size of a rock to me. Ashley sits down on the loveseat and starts on her hot chocolate and Potato chips. "Eh, Miss Swiss is okay but I think I prefer Nestle better" she says, after taking another sip.

I stay under for a little bit, the movie switches from "Sleepless In Seattle" to "Never Been Kissed". "I guess she's on a chick flick marathon" I whisper to myself as I hear the movie, and the noises of Ashley, a burp every 10 minutes, a small but loud enough that you can hear it gurgles from her belly from the food and liquid she's consuming, and a cough or a sniffle from her. And a handful of laughs at something that happens in the movie. Eventually she falls asleep, with her mug of hot chocolate finished and the party bag of chips empty. Her belly is slightly bloated, but that's about it, she leans back onto the loveseat, slouched back. I climb out from under the table and climb the table leg. I walk and see her phone, which is a iPhone OS 3. I walk onto it and see the time is 3:20. I turn around and see Ashley sleeping slouched back. The blanket is not on her and is on the other seat of the couch. Ashley is wearing a "Keep Calm and Carry On" T-shirt and a pair of blue shorts. I make the running jump from the table to her, I land on her belly, one foot in her belly button through the shirt. I climb up her, I walk up her chest, her heart slowly beating under my feet and up to her neck.


"Y'know what? I'll climb her face, do something different for once" I say to myself, grabbing her chin. I climb onto it and stand on her lip, her mouth is wide open. Her warm breath smells overwhelming me of hot chocolate. The inside of her mouth is cavernous, her tongue like a king sized pink fleshy bed. Her teeth the size of TVs, like Samantha's. The pink walls of her mouth. Before I can move, she inhales. I get sucked into her mouth, and swallowed. "Here we go again", I say as I slide down her esophagus. I plop in, getting splashed back with chewed up potato chips mixed with hot chocolate. "So, how long will it be this time" I say to myself, I grab onto a small marshmallow that she swallowed with the hot chocolate. She woke up about 15 Minutes later. Her stomach was sloshing me around, her stomach isn't digesting hard. I'm having a pretty relaxing time inside of Ashley's stomach, actually. She got woken up by her phone ringing, she immediately got up. I was thrown up in the air and splashed back down again, along with some of the food in her belly. She answers the phone and John's telling her to pick him up from his job. She agrees and goes into her room to change into sweatpants and a hoodie. Me and her food are constantly sloshing from her movement through out all of this.

She walks outside to her car, the car her and John are sharing right now. A blue, 2009 Saab 9-3. The Iowa licence plate shining in the sun. She stops for a second. On the inside I feel her stomach bubbling around me and the food starting to rise. Ashley looks at the county on the licence plates on the car "Linn" it says. "Please, I really don't wanna fucking vomit right now" She says, trying to get her mind off of it.

I start to rush up with her food up her throat, "Welp, too bad" I say in my mind. I feel Ashley quickly running back into the house. I fly out with the food and liquid, onto the hardwood floor. I quickly run before she notices me, she throws up and she sees me out of the quarter of her eye. But she thinks it's a bug running out of the house and keeps vomiting, luckliy for the second time she runs quick enough to the sink, I can hear her feet dashing and metallic sound of vomit hitting the inside of the sink.

I'm dashing through the grass of the house, it basically cleaning me of vomit but covering me in grass. I'm running faster than I think I ever have in my entire life. Well, maybe that one time in 6th grade I was running from this high school boy who was mad at me for denting his Jeep with my bike. I make it to the house, I climb under the fence of side the left side of the house and run through the backyard and slide under the door. I see that Henry is doing homework in the living room and the TV is on Spongebob, a older episode it seems to be. I run quickly run past him, he almost sees me but dismisses off as his mind playing a trick on him says that he really needs to lay off of the cartoons. I run upstairs and run into Samantha's room.

She's on her computer, watching a Youtube video titled "Man Falls Down Stairs Forever" and laughing. She sees me out of the corner of her eye and asks "Where have you been" she says, turning her chair and talking to me. She gets out to pick me up and put me on her bed.

I explain everything that happened. "You're really adventurous, Dave" she says at the end. "What would you did was really dumb though" she says, sitting down on her chair. But all of a sudden, I begin to grow. I climb off her bed while doing so. Samantha says "Holy Shit" and backs away towards the wall. I grow a back to normal size in a couple seconds, and then two more inches. I'm 6'1 at this point, I stop growing. My clothes seemed to grow along with me too. They fit perfectly. "What the fuck was that?" Samantha says, starting to become shocked.

"I guess the pills wore off" I say, walking around her room.

"Well, what are you going to now?" Samantha says.

"First, take a shower. Second, go talk to Judy and get my car back. And third, I guess face the music to my parents. They've probably called in a police report about me, they'll be pissed and stuff like that. But I gotta go home eventually. So, see you tomorrow at school I guess" I say.

"Okay, but how are you going to get out of my house? You can't just walk downstairs, my brother will freak the fuck out" She says, sitting down in the computer chair.

"I got a better idea" I say, opening her window.

"You're crazy, David Reid" she says smiling.

"As I've said before, you only live once, Samantha Fletcher" I say before I jump out of the window.

I jump and land with a thud. I'm pretty sure I fractured a bone in my leg but I don't make a peep. I run and jump over the fence into Ashley and John's yard. The two seem to be having a makeout session that I can see through the doors, John and Ashley don't notice me and they seem to be getting touchy with each other. I run and jump into another yard. A old Golden Retriever starts walking towards me, I keep running and jumping fences until about the 3rd house. When I see the back door is open and no one's inside I run through the house, and unlock the front door and run out into the street and sidewalk.

I run for a couple of minutes. I walk once I feel tired. I eventually get out of the housing district of West Salem and into the areas where the shops are. I go into a Walgreens to buy a package of underwear and a towel to dry myself off when I take a shower, "Uh, are you okay" The cashier says, when looking at me. I don't look the cleanest, and don't smell like it too. "Oh no, I'm fine." I say, smiling. My breath doesn't smell too good either. The cashier adjusts his name tag, showing the name "Alvin" and rings me up.

I look at my wallet and keys, surprisingly intact from the events I've been through. I walk down to a gym and shower there. I go over to a laundromat to clean my clothes, I'll admit it was awkward standing standing inside there in just a long white shirt some old guy offered me in the gym and some shorts I bought in the gym store. After a hour or so my clothes are dry and clean and I go and change behind a building. I go and walk over to Pizza hut and buy a couple of Pepperoni P'zones with the 20 dollars I had left. After that I went to the Shell station across the street and got a Coke and and a couple of chocolate bars, Snickers, a Hershey Bar, and a Three Musketeers bar. After that I go to the payphone at the Shell and insert about four quarters in from the change I had left over from buying all of the stuff. "I haven't done this in a couple years" I say to myself as I put the quarters in, chuckling.

I call Judy and tell her what happened, condensed enough before my minute is up. She agrees to pick me up and says to hold tight.

About 20 minutes later she does.

I get in, and she starts asking what happened, I explain again to her as we cross the bridge.

"So, just like that you grew back?" Judy says as she turns lanes.

"Yep, I guess that pill must of been a dud" I say, turning up the radio. The song "Everlong" by Foo Fighters is playing.

"I'm sorry for shrinking you" Judy says "I didn't think this would all happen".

"Hey, what's done is done. At least we're friends again at the end of it" I say.

The next 10 minutes nothing but the sound of the car's hum and the radio playing the songs "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden and "Damnit" by Blink 182.

She pulls up at her house, I get out and get out my keys in open up the driver's side door of my car. I crank up the Civic a couple of times. "Start up you shitbox" I say under my breath. It starts up and I pull off into the road.

I change the radio "Movies" by Alien Ant Farm is playing again. The lyric "And just like the movies" ring out in my mind as I drive back to East Lancaster, another suburb in Salem.

I pull up to the house, it's 9:34pm on the car clock. The lyric "And just like the movies" still ring in my ear. I see my Dad's green 1999 Nissan Pathfinder in the driveway.

I get out of the car, and make my way towards the door.
Chapter End Notes:
Not over just yet, Epilogue comes out tomorrow if you're interested. Again, it's been a joy writing this story.
Reviews and Comments on the story as a whole are welcomed.