- Text Size +

Alyssa was staring at me menacingly, towering over the insignificant bug that I had become to her. The gigantic girl that I once had the privilege to call “friend” had a stern look in her eyes, looking at me with disappointment and resignation. I knew there was no coming back when, only a few hours before, I had shrunken myself to that diminutive size, but I never thought I could be humiliated so badly in front of her. She was mad at me, I knew it. And even if I could grow back to normal size and leave this all behind, she didn’t seem to be on the friendly mood with me, anyway. Maybe she would never be again.

Her massive presence, looming over me ominously, started to scare me. Was she still the cheerful, unpretentious girl I admired so much or had the stupidity of my actions brought to light her hidden side? I was frozen in place, looking desperately for a sign from her. And it came unexpectedly. The giantess hit me with the tip of her bare foot, making me land on my back a few centimetres away. She placed her heel not far behind me and completely covered my view with the sole of her foot. “This is all you want, right? No, this is all you deserve. To lick my foot clean. I want to feel all of your strength, all of your energies, drained by this task. You willingly gave up everything else and now that’s all you’re good for. So, do it”. Even if all I could see was a ceiling of smooth, pale skin, I could still clearly perceive anger in her tone. At that point, all I could do was obey. So, I got up to my feet and I reached on tiptoe her sole. Her skin produced quite a heat, as well as many droplets of sweat, the consequence of many hours spent trapped inside a hot shoe. Minuscule, white, lint was scattered all around the surface of the foot, and so were many small particles of dust, stuck in place since she stepped on the floor. Moreover, the scent of Alyssa’s feet, faint at the beginning, became stronger from the moment she removed her socks: sweat, damp cloth and dust mixed together, forming a weird smell that wasn’t too overpowering, considering that the giantess had spent a few hours sweating in her shoes, but, at my size, it wasn’t too pleasant, either. Despite all I went through, the foot of Alyssa still had some sort of magical aura for me. However, I couldn’t get off my mind what I had done to her: I was too worried about the future of our friendship. Still hesitant, I obeyed to his command, and gave a weird lick at her sole.

It wasn’t exactly disgusting, but I felt terrible. That was what I wanted at first, of course, but at what cost? My friend had not a shard of respect left in her for me and, if she ever decided to let me go, our friendship would never be the same. I had probably lost her forever. Every time she looked at me, Alyssa would see the pathetic human bug that licked her feet. At that made me feel even worse. But at that point, it was already done. At the beginning, the huge foot that dominated me shuddered, taken aback by the weird sensation that I caused, but then it settled back as if nothing happened. “I didn’t tell you to stop” my friend said coldly, her face still hidden by the looming foot. I had no choice but to accomplish my own demise, and so I kept giving small licks to the slightly dirty sole of my friend’s foot. The painful process went on for a few minutes, that felt like an eternity. With each lick, I plunged deeper into my guilt, an unbearable weight pressing down on me.

It all came abruptly to an end. The titanic mass of her foot was removed from above me, only to reappear quickly in front of me. With a flick of her big toe, the giantess sent me flying across the floor, knocking me hard on the ground. She was on top of me in no time. This time, the girl’s foot landed right atop of me, knocking the air out of my lungs and pinning me firmly, face up. Except for my head, held in the small space between her big toe and her second toe, my whole body was trapped beneath her. I could feel my own saliva, mixed with her sweat, dampen my shrunken clothes. I knew she wasn’t putting much strength in her step, because the weight of her whole body would have probably killed me instantly. However, the mass of her foot alone was enough to hinder any of my movements. Far above, I could see Alyssa’s face, distant and unattainable, much like herself. “You really are insignificant, now. And you thought that you were nothing before shrinking… That you had nothing worth keeping from your life… But look at you now! That what ‘being nothing’ really means”, she said, increasingly applying pressure on me as she went on. “What a waste. You really had some potential, but you decided to throw it all away. And now, you belong with the rest of the filth under my foot!” she added furiously, sharply twisting her foot right on me and making me scream in pain. “I was kind of hoping that I could redeem you and get you out of this, but I see now that you’re hopeless. No one, not even me, could ever help you. So, I guess there’s nothing I can do except get rid of you”. Her words made my blood run cold. She sounded deadly serious this time. Alyssa lifted her whole foot above me and said, sadly: “This is the end. Don’t bother running, I’ll get you anyway. All things considered, I think it’s only fair that I should be the one taking away your life. You offered yourself to me, after all. In this way, none of the people who actually cared for you will see how you ended up. It’s better to think that you left without a trace than to know that you went away to live your weird fantasy. I’d say that I’m sorry for everything, but, in the end, it’s just your fault”. With that, Alyssa began lowering her foot on me, with the intent of crushing me to death.

The colossal foot was clearly unstoppable for me, and I couldn’t even escape. Even if I had managed to get away from under her foot before it crashed down, she could have simply stepped on me with the other before I went too far. There was nothing I could do. My heart sank. I fell on my knees and yelled that I was sorry, that I regretted so much taking everything I had in my life, especially her, for granted.

That this whole day had been the greatest mistake of my life.

That I wanted my regular, human life back.

That I wished to be seen as a human, at least by her.

I started sobbing in despair, I closed my eyes and braced myself for the impact that would have ended my life. But it never came.

“Remember?” echoed the voice of Alyssa. “When you told me those horrible things before, I said that, by the end of the day, you’d be so broken that you’d beg me in tears to return you normal. It seems that it took even less that I expected. Maybe I went too hard on you. But after all, I knew you can be reasoned with, and you would have figured out your mistake. You just needed a little… push!”. I opened my eyes and saw the giantess looking at me, a feeble smile on her lips. “Maybe the whole ‘getting rid of you’ thing was a little over the top for you… Yeah, sorry for that. But I hope that, at least, the lesson got stuck in your head” she added, feeling embarrassed. Still incredulous, I asked her if I could grow myself back. The giantess searched in her massive pocket and handed me my backpack, which contained the device that allowed me to change size. I closed my eyes during the dizziness caused by the size shift and when I opened them, I could finally look at Alyssa in the eyes. I could only mutter an embarrassed word of thanks. “Don’t worry, I’ll pretend that nothing happened. We all have our ups and downs, what friend would I be if I didn’t help you out? Just… be sure to never do such a dumb thing again, ok?” said the former giantess, smiling. My heart filled with joy and relief. I told her she was the best friend I could ever hope to meet, and we hugged each other. “Now go home and take a nice shower. You stink of feet. And mine have a particularly bad smell” Alyssa said, giggling. We both laughed together before breaking the embrace.