- Text Size +
This is where our story continues, with John and Joana shrunk and then brought to a strange environment but as it really that foreign to John?



As John began to wake up, he immediately began to look around for Marissa and Joana but saw neither. He got up and looked around where he was. Below his feet was carpet and above him was a giant object that shielded him from something. That something was a light shining down a few feet in front of him. He walked beyond the darkness that was behind him and into a light filled world. It was familiar yet alien at the same time as he looked around. He was in a dorm but he had no idea which one. There was millions, perhaps billions of possibilities on where he was. He then called out to the only other person who was in the same possible situation. It was a long shot but he went with it.

“Joana? Are you here? Joana!” John called out as he continued to look around as to where he was. He looked up and saw what he was underneath which was a bed that absolutely massive compared to John. Yes he’d seen bigger the last time he was at this size but he felt safer then, when he was among friends. Right now, he was alone in a stranger's room, no idea where Joana had ended up, if somehow Marissa hadn’t killed her by accident. But John had to think positive until he found her alive more than the negative, even if the ladder was trying to burrow its way into his head. John soon looked around at the walls to see if he could see anything that could tell him where he was as well as to keep his mind focused on finding out where he was. Just when he was about to lose all hope, he saw an all too familiar banner and a few posters. The banner wore the unmistakable letters of the university they all went to and the poster finally gave away who’s room he’d been transported into. One name came to John’s mind immediately. His spirits looked brighter now. He no longer had to worry about who’s dorm he was in. He was safe now. At least, so he thought.

“Daisy, she can help. I just need to figure out where to go to get her to notice me when she comes back.” John said out loud as he looked around to see if there was anything at all he could use to get off the ground because if there was one thing he wanted to avoid at all costs was getting stepped on no matter how much he wanted to stay, he didn’t know exactly how durable he was now. Anything could be considered dangerous for him that wasn’t back before. A simple fall could break a few bones, getting stomped on could result in a very messy clean up, if the person who stepped on him even noticed him. He continued to look around the dorm when he saw a desk chair followed by the desk it belonged with.

He took a big breath in and sighed out. “Get noticed, find Joana, get to Gaby and then fix this whole situation.” He couldn’t remember if Marissa had made sure he or Joana couldn’t get killed so he had be even more cautious than the last time he was this where he knew he could be stepped on, chewed and walked on without having to worry about anything. “I really don’t want to be down this size without anyone knowing I’m here.” He looked over at a shoe that had been discarded by the massive owner, the dirty bottom of it beginning to make John scared for the first time. The second time being this size could very well be his last if he doesn’t get back to Marissa to fix this mess she got them into.

As Daisy walked down the hall, about to open the dorm room door when she saw Gaby walking down, with one fist clenched and the other holding some text books. Daisy locked eyes with Gaby and gave her a quick smile, making her friend burst out giggling as Gaby looked at her. Daisy raised an eyebrow, curious as to what made Gaby laughed as soon as she saw her. “What’s so funny?”

Gaby took a second to not only catch her breath but put her books down as she calmed down as she slid down the wall. “It’s just that face you made. Made my day, better than John could right now.” Gaby whispered under her breath, trying to seem like she didn’t say anything at all. Daisy quickly picked up on this and kneeled in front of Gaby.

“What, are you him going to break up with him or something? Come on Gaby, you can tell me, you know I can keep a secret.” Daisy walked over to her dorm room door, waiting for Gaby to give a response. But she didn’t. Gaby began to glow redder and redder the longer she remained quiet. “So I guess that’s a yes?” Daisy said, finally breaking the silence between the two of them. “You know what, just text me when you get to your dorm. Give you time to think. Ok?” Gaby nodded as she grabbed hold of her books once more and then walked off, heading off in the same direction she was heading before Daisy spoke to her.

Daisy turned the lock with her key and it opened, filling the whole room with a very deep sigh as she set her bag down near the head of the bed. She then proceeded to kick off the chucks that were constricting her feet as well as a small ‘pebble’ that she had accidently caught on the way from the lab to back here. It wouldn’t matter to Daisy as she was used to the discomfort of having something in her shoe, after all, the whole university was littered with small rocks but this was no rock, it was in fact the tiny Joana. The fact that Joana had survived for as long as she did without much oxygen as well the heat from Daisy’s foot showed that Marissa did at least one thing right.

Joana at the moment wished to trade places with John who she imagined to be somewhere safe, probably back in whatever place they were when Marissa shrunk them. The smell as well as the heat continued to rise as well as the screams Joana gave off to whosever shoe she was inside. Maybe John would appreciate this experience more than her, after all, he was the one that wanted to be this small and be at giant women’s feet. Joana then had the worst rollercoaster, worst than the walk over here when she felt this giant take off their shoes, leaving Joana as well as the shoe she was in fly and then proceed to land in the roughest way possible. Joana felt a few bones begin to snap but it wasn’t too much for the little woman. Joana groaned in agony, knowing death was going to come in one way or another. She laid there, trying her best not to inhale more of the horrible stench around her, feeling like she was in pure agony. She closed her eyes, only hearing the massive voice of Daisy as she started talking to herself. Joana was doomed. Her master plan was foiled by sheer dumb luck and a worthless apprentice. That’s when she heard the voice of someone close to her. John. Joana smiled as she realized maybe hope wasn’t lost and that the plan could still go on.

“Hello? Is someone in here?” John called out, swearing he heard scream coming from at least one of the shoes that came very close to crushing him into the carpet as he watched the giant Daisy kick off her shoes and head straight for the bed he had just escaped. John wanted to make sure Daisy didn’t step on him so he naturally got closer to the shoes she’d just removed from her now massive feet. He screamed out into the mouth of the discarded shoe, hearing a slight moan that got closer to the light. He wasn’t focused on the stench that irradiated out of the shoe, he was more focused on the groans he heard coming closer and closer to him. He was then shocked when he saw Joana crawling to him. John sprung into action and crawled in the shoe to grab the exhausted Joana from her prison. John immediately reached for her hand and dragged her out of the shoe and into fresh air. Joana couldn’t be happier to be free from her smelly and humid prison, a smile erupted from her face as she saw John. She ran to hug him, thinking she was hallucinating from her time inhaling the fumes of Daisy’s foot.

“Joana, are you alright? No broken bones? Anything hurt?” John asked as he brought Joana to her feet, he could see she was beginning to look around, trying to find out where both of them had ended up. She looked and was terrified at what, or really, who she saw staring at them with a terrible grin, her bright white teeth showing the tiny pair her sheer ferocity that she kept hidden from the world.

Just one sentence came out of her mouth as the two tinies were stunned by their friends massive size over them. “Finally, the breakthrough Leslie and I have been waiting for.” Daisy said with a devilish smile, with Joana screaming as both of them tried to run away from Daisy’s hands reaching from. They unfortunately couldn’t escape Daisy reaching for them and were brought up to the terrifying smile the giant Daisy. Joana continued to scream, louder and louder the closer the pair got to Daisy’s face. “Two tiny people, all for my work. I don’t know where you two came from but the both of you are going to make me rich and famous.” The giantess stood up and set the pair on her desk, the very same desk John was planning on climbing if he wasn’t caught by his now menacing friend. Or maybe it was...former friend.

“Daisy, you have to help us! I know it seems like we’re ants but we’re your friends, John and Joana!” John screamed out as Daisy sat down on her desk chair, a wave of perfume hit them, finally silencing Joana’s screams as she began to cough, not only from the wave that’d just hit them but the fact she’d basically torn her vocal cords screaming in absolute fear that she’d almost lost her voice. As Daisy looked at them, she tried to scream but all that came out was a small cough.

“Hmmm, I guess I do recognize you John but not the girl. Joana you said?” Daisy picked Joana up and began to examine her, much to John’s protests. “Very interesting, just think, I saw both of you at my size but now you’re this size.” John continued to protest to Daisy holding Joana without much care as to her well being or anything. “You want to explain how you two got this size exactly?” She asked John as she grabbed a plastic container along with a sticky note. She dropped Joana in and slapped the note on it with the markings ‘J-01’. The action of Daisy slapping the container may have seemed as if she was just gently putting on the paper but to the tiny Joana, it was as if she was tossed across the clear plastic room she was held in. She groaned in agony as she felt a bone or two fracture or what felt like break for some. It finally set in for Joana that her grand plan had hit major speed bumps.

“I’m sorry Daisy but I don’t know how we got this size. We were just walking to Gaby’s dorm and then we ended up in your room.” John said in a panic as he watched Joana hold her arm like she’d just broken it. His heart rate spiked as he was infuriated by the careless disregard Daisy was having with Joana. “Daisy! Come on and treat us like actual people! We’re your friends, we had chemistry together last semester.” John screamed up to the giant Daisy, expecting her to feel remorseful of what she’d done but John noticed a smile begin to crack from her massive lips.

“Oh John, you aren’t people anymore. After you came into our room, we stopped being friends, you two stopped being people too. To me and my research, you and Joana are my secret to becoming the most famous and successful scientist there has ever been. Einstein? Hawking? Curie? Please, after I find out the how you two are this size, everyone will know my name.” Daisy’s words made John think this couldn’t be the same Daisy who was sweet and gentle to almost everyone and everything she came across. It stunned him how she didn’t see him as a person like Gaby or anyone else he’d encountered prior. He stood there like a statue as she picked him up and dropped him in another container right next to the one Joana was in. He didn’t fight, say a word or do anything as he landed on the ground and just laid there. It was all over for him. This was how he was going to die. He would never get to patch things up with Gaby or see anyone else he loved ever again.

Meanwhile, in the hallway a few doors down from where John and Joana were trapped, Gaby was walking to her dorm, seeing the usual people. The girls living next to her that were up all night with their parties, the girls that always had their boyfriends over night even though it was against the rules. Gaby hated all of them and openly wished she could switch to a new dorm, preferably one near where all her friends, maybe one close to Daisy but all the other girls knew better than to switch to Gaby’s room. They rather not stay up all night listening to the sounds of beds creaking all night, the pure bass of Gaby’s immediate next door neighbor. It was exhausting listening to this each and every night and it showed in both her school work as well as her relationship with John. As of right now, she was much more focused on her aceing her classes then her time with John. It broke her heart to see John so upset and she actually wanted to go back to the way things were. Spending hours talking while John would give her foot rubs after a long day was the highlight of her day sometimes. Thinking back to the good times her almost made her forget that she still had a whole mountain of homework to do tonight. She sighed, rolled her eyes and pulled her key out of her pocket to open the door. She knew her roommate, Illiana would still be at her work till around eight so she would at least an hour or two to get as much work done before she came home. Gave her plenty of time to think without having to worry too much about Illiana trying to get her to drink.

Gaby opened the door, turned on the lights and was scared by two robed figures in her room. She tried to scream but she couldn’t. The taller cloaked individual raised her hand, coating her own hand in a blue shade of light as Gaby was forced into the room, even though she was fighting it all. The door then slammed behind her and she was then released from whatever what controlling her, she was ready to scream but the second and shorter one of the two extended their hand and sealed her mouth shut to prevent her from screaming.

“Nice timing my apprentice.” The taller one of the two said as she revealed the person behind the cloak. “I trust you not to scream if my apprentice releases her spell.” She once again nodded followed by Marissa releasing her spell. “Gaby, my name is Haley and this is Marissa. I know we don’t know each other very well but we have a similar interest even if we may not know one another. Your boyfriend John once came to me to shrink him for a few days, do you remember that encounter?” Gaby nodded, following along with what Haley was saying. “He came to Marissa and I to repeat the process once more. Until Marissa accidently brought him here. We just wanted to make sure she got the spell right.” Haley’s words weren’t exactly resonating with Gaby, although she followed along as best she could.

“In short terms, your boyfriend asked my master to shrink him and she had me do to teach me. I messed up and we don’t know if he’s with you or not. And if he is, if he can die while at this size.” Marissa said as Gaby nodded and walked over to her bed to set her things down.

“So you shrunk John and lost him? Is that it?” Gaby asked as she looked at the pair. “Well he’s certainly not with me. At least not that I know of. Isn’t there some sort of way you can find him? Bring him back?”

Haley responded without hesitation while her apprentice remained quiet. “I could but I am leaving this up to Marissa here. She’s the one who shrunk your lover and she’s the one who will give him to you. One way or another.” Haley winked at Marissa who knew what she meant when she mentioned ‘another’. It wouldn’t be pretty but if it came to it, she might have to do the thing she wanted to forget.

Gaby just sighed as she watched Haley vanish in thin air, leaving Marissa alone with her. “Alright, come on. Let’s go get him.”
Chapter End Notes:
Alright, that's the end of the second chapter! If you liked how the story is going so far, please leave a review on what you might want to see later on! I did get some ideas but they are going to be later on. Hope to see you then!