- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Quisinda decides to have some more fun with the humans.

 

+++

 

 

CJ and Ackhorn─who had the luck of being restored to their original size─glanced at each other with apprehension as they witnessed Quisinda taking on an entire police squad singlehandedly. They tried persuading her to roam cautiously through the human realm, for many things were still unknown about them.

Quisinda, however, could be pretty madcap sometimes. They both breathed a sigh of relief when they successfully discouraged her not to engage a passing car filled with a group of loud-mouthed youngsters. As the vehicle swooshed by─under the ear-splitting symphony of booming beats─one boy peeked his head out of the window and shouted some snide remark implying Quisinda being a filthy slut.

It would heartily encourage them to take it down a peg or two if they knew that this innocent-looking teen girl was also one of the most influential sorceresses of her time. One single word spat from Quisinda's lips, a thought even, would be more than sufficient to deal with these rabbles. They were lucky, though. They merely got off with an angry glare coming from Quisinda's narrowed eyes as she watched their car disappearing beyond the horizon.

This was not to be for the elderly couple that showed up a few minutes later driving in a rattling Fiat Panda. A pair of wrinkled but humble faces greeted them when the car pulled over while the window was being cracked open. The man merely asked if they were lost by any chance and needed a ride to town.

This good Samaritan offer turned out to be the straw that broke the camel's back for Quisinda's tolerance, for she abruptly decided to shrink their whole car down to the size of a bean can before compressing it all to a metallic pancake with a mere stomp of her sneaker. Things went south pretty quickly after that. Once Quisinda had crossed a sure emotional line, it was impossible for her to curb her temper. A passing group of motorcyclists suffered the full brunt of her wrath as she uttered some words before the road in front of them exploded, leaving behind a positively huge crater. Half of them were too late to brake and ended piled up on the bottom of the crater. The other half simply gawked with shock for a moment before they all just vanished and materialized right in front of Quisinda's feet─at roughly one inch in size. Before they could even try to comprehend what was going on, they were already freshly stains of blood at the bottom of Quisinda's sole. It did not take long before the reverberating explosion drew attention from others.

So here she was, indulging herself in a clash against a local police force. Quisinda had insisted that both Ackhorn and CJ remained on the fringe of this battle. She wanted to take them all by herself. Both boys knew that Quisinda was holding back. She was merely toying with them. If she wanted to, she could deal with them in less time than an eye needed to blink.

"What about your brother?" Ackhorn called out when his eyes followed a conjured pyro-blast soaring through the sky as it was aimed for a screeching patrol car who tried to evade it.

"What about him?" Quisinda asked. She sniggered when two police cars exploded. She rose her hand and fired another barrage of elemental attacks while bullets bounced off her impregnable conjured ward.

"Well… uhm... we're here. Together… normal-sized and all… having fun."

"Yeah… and?" Quisinda's voice started to sound a bit irritated.

"Well, didn't he like… backed your story to your parents during that omega occurrence at school?"

Ackhorn cramped when Quisinda ceased her assault on the police force and turned around, gazing at him, totally ignoring the spray of bullets raining harmlessly against their ward. "So what are you trying to say here, Ackhorn? That I owe him? That I should return the favor?"

"No, no no no no no," Ackhorn soothingly waved his hands, "I'm just saying that perhaps the world would be a far more pleasant place to live in when a brother and a sister would show some love and compassion to each other from time to time, don't you think?"

"I show you compassion," Quisinda replied in all seriousness. "I'm sick of you. ALL of you!" she spun her head, looking at the engaging police officers all around them.

Ackhorn fell on his ass as he looked up at Quisinda's ever-rising body, feeling like he was dwindling away, "No, please! Not again! Take everything from me, but not my height!" he wailed.

"She's… she's growing," CJ said as he gawked up at Quisinda's rapidly expanding body.

Dumbfounded, all police officers ceased their attack when they saw the teen girl growing in size, bigger and bigger, rising way beyond the size of an average oak tree.

"Ha! Now you decide to show fear?" Quisinda chuckled as one police officer after the other backed away from her. "Trust me. I do not need size to be dangerous. It's just more... fun this way. I love to look down upon people. AND STEP ON THEM!"

CRAAAAACK!!!

A swat van─filled with personnel─got squashed by Quisinda's stomping sneaker.

"I see youuuuuuu," Quisinda sang in glee as she stepped on more people hiding in fear behind another armored van. "Look at them," she said, standing with her hands on her hips as her eyes followed a group of cars racing away from her. "they have hope. The hope of getting away from me."

Quisinda contemplated for a moment. Being a magical prodigy, she had an inexhaustible array of options at her disposal to deal with them. The most leisurely way was to just blow them all to bits with one of her destruction spells. However, she liked variety though.

"W-what are you doing?!" Ackhorn squealed.

"What does it look like?" Quisinda's voice started to reverberate more powerfully now that she was growing even taller. She scrutinized her surroundings and was pleased by the result. Her expanding feet and weight had wrecked the road where she was standing.

I like this. I'm massive! She thought as she heaved with excitement.

It took her merely a few steps in a relaxing trot before she was able to tower above the retreating cars.

She chortled, They look like freakin cockroaches from up here.

"You're going the wrong way, fellas. I heard there's a roadblock up ahead." Quisinda said and smashed her sneaker right in front of them. Her stomp had a pleasant side effect─to Quisinda that is─for it created a prolific earthquake, causing a viaduct further up ahead to crack open in the middle before it collapsed entirely.

Quisinda looked at it, positively surprised. She wasn't particularly impressed by the sheer magnitude of destruction she just caused. She could do something like that─vastly worse even─with a slight touch of her immeasurable arcane powers. Her amazement was more triggered by the fact that she caused it with her body's mere trivial movement. A sensation like that was new to her, and she liked it and craved for more.

"Quisinda, that's enough!" Ackhorn's pitiful voice squeaked from some location near her feet. "you want us to be discovered by their authorities?"

Quisinda sighed as she glanced with boredom at the two ant-figures looking up at her while standing near a line of knee-high trees. "You again? Why don't you cool off a bit and join my brother."

*SNAP* went Quisinda's fingers.

Before Ackhorn was even able to protest, he suddenly stood eye to eye with Darran.

"The hell, man. She got you too?" Darran said when Ackhorn materialized in front of his nose.

"What?! The bitch reduced me?!"

"Mmm," Darran nodded. "Welcome to my world."

Ackhorn looked around in anxiety. His mind just could not fathom the fact that those alien-looking green giants were actually blades of grass. Even while craning his neck Ackhorn was unable to see their pointy tops.

"What is she up to?" Darran asked, yanking Ackhorn out of his moment of wonderment.

"What is she up to, you say? Ha! I think she just declared war on the whole human fuckin race."

Darran shook his head, "May God give them the strength to survive this horrible ordeal."

"Yep, your sister definitely bit off more than she can chew this time."

Darran eyed Ackhorn, "I wasn't talking about my sister."

+++

"You're the more sensible of the two, am I right?" Quisinda asked CJ.

CJ nodded obediently.

"Good. Pipe down and watch me take that city over there by storm." Quisinda cracked her fingers. With the treetops barely reaching her knees, it relatively easy for her to observe her surroundings. Her view of vision was vast. She could easily discern more than a couple of cities and villages sprawled out on the horizon. Cherry-picking her choice, Quisinda strode off to her city of choice, nibbling at her lower lip in anticipation.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!