- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just wrote this up today on a whim. Planning on adding some more unrelated but similar stories.

"What do you mean, you 'don't have time for me'?"

"Work is busy and I can't really bring you there anymore." She glanced at him and then back to her monitor screen. Her reply was neutral, distracted, the tone of someone who doesn't really want to have this conversation at all and offers only minimal attention to it.

"You don't have to bring me to work, I know you're busy. I understand. I'll be here when you're home." He replied, trying to reassure himself as much as compromise with her.

She didn't reply immediately, instead distracted by something on her laptop. "Most of my time is reserved for video games and music. I don't really have the time." She didn't look at him, but her impatience was creeping into her voice and he felt a sick drop in his stomach.

"But.. Meg, we used to have so much fun together. This is what you wanted, what we wanted, right? What we wished for?"

"Listen." Her cool blue eyes turned towards him again at long last, but with none of the wonder or delight or lust that had been there before. She sighed deeply. "I have friends and a boyfriend. It's not your fault; you didn't do anything wrong. I don't need you anymore."

He stopped and stared at her for what seemed like forever before finally his emotions burst forth.  "How can you say that? I did this for you, for us! I shrank myself down to this!" He gestured widly at his own nude miniscule form, standing alone on the impossible plateau of her desk. "I made myself into this! The size of a bug! So we could live out our fantasies, finally! Together!"

She said nothing.

"MEGAN!"

"What?" Megan snapped, leaning in just a little bit, the rush of air from her face and hair blowing past him menacingly.

He stopped, trembling, pale and cold in the presence of her, fifty times his size.

"I CAN'T UNDO THIS! YOU KNOW THERE'S NO WAY FOR ME TO GO BACK! I'M STUCK LIKE THIS FOREVER!"

"Sorry." She replied coldly.

Before he could draw another breath to continue his tirade, a massive wall slammed into him and he went into freefall, gasping for air and struggling to make sense of up or down as he plummeted violently to smack against the hard floor of the living room.

Stunned, coughing and vision swimming, he tried to stand up, anger at the injustice of his treatment boiling through his dizzy brain. When he finally managed to roll over onto his back and face Megan, the heat of his righteous fury evaporated in an instant, replaced with cold terror transfixing him in place as he saw her sole above him, immense and perfect. The object of many fantasies and nights of intimacy together, placed carelesly above him as the sound of a clicking mouse and clacking keys spoke over the rush of blood and adrenaline racing through his ears.

"Megan, I-"

He was going to finish that sentence, but suddenly he couldn't remember how. There was just darkness and his lips didn't move, his thoughts didn't exist and then the agony of his final instant was all that he was. He no longer existed, except as a smear under the bare foot of a woman who had convinced him to give up his life and live out their fantasies together... 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed it.