- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This Chapter was largely inspired by a Black Widow piece I found on Deviantart by Guireyart10. https://www.deviantart.com/guireyart10/art/Black-widow-commission-776668295 Check out his page for more great GTS art!

 

Returning to the meeting, June sat back down, her three remaining captives firmly in hand.

 

“So glad you could rejoin us.” Bullseye said snarkily. “Anything to share?

 

“I don’t answer to you.” June replied. “But if you must know, I was… discussing… the insect problem that Enchantress was having.” She said catching herself, almost giving away her little secret.

 

“Oh yeah! I saw a bug in my room just before I came here.” Karla blurted out. “This is really becoming a problem!”

 

“Ahem. Can we please get back to the task at hand?” Osborne said, attempting to gain back the room. “After your battle in the alternate dimension, I realized the Avengers from our universe are a threat as well and must be eliminated.”

 

“Yeah, and how are we going to do that?” Bullseye commented

 

“You defeated a similarly capable team in the alternate dimension, but you did have the power of a Peruvian God on your side that time. Osborne mused. “However since he is no longer available, we can attempt to take a more subtle approach… we’ll start with reconnaissance. We already have eyes in the sky, but we need eyes inside their compound. Toxic Doxie, since you’re the reason we’re a god short, you can be in charge of getting that done. Can you handle it?”

 

“Well, If it could be so easily crushed, was it really a god?” June offered. “But yeah, I can get you what you need. Their security is a piece of cake.”

 

Returning to her lab and changing into civilian clothes, June got her cloaking device, a laptop, and a few other things before stuffing her tiny captives into a pocket, and heading out to Avengers tower. Once there, she easily overrode the Avengers security system.

 

“Like I said, cake.” She whispered to herself.

 

In addition to being a brilliant (although depraved) biologist, June was also an expert hacker, with that and her cloaking tech, she made it deep into Avengers tower without being detected at all. She could easily have taken out the Avengers right then and there, but that wasn’t her mission, and she honestly couldn’t care. Besides, she had something else to do anyway. As a sadist, she thought she’d play a little game with the remaining tiny gods.

 

Getting to the training room, she saw Black Panther and Captain America. The two heroes were dressed in workout gear sparring on a mat. Pulling her three shrunken captives out of her pocket she held them in her palm. For the tinies, the ride was hell, pressed against one another in a tight dark hole that jostled them around with every step their captor took was not fun. The G-forces that threatened to knock them out stopped suddenly and they each felt two large objects ram into them and grab them. One by one, they found themselves in the palm of June’s hand once again. This time however was a bit different since she didn’t have her gloves on. The surface upon which they stood was spongy and a bit clammy. They all looked up as their tormentress spoke.

 

“So, I’m letting you go.” she whispered to them

 

She’s not gonna let us go. What’s the catch Aso thought. Then it came.

 

“We’re in Avengers tower right now. Earth’s mightiest heroes. If anyone is gonna save you it's them right?” June mocked. “So I’m gonna let you get their help. I’m sure they’re gonna find you, find a way to unshrink you, and restore you to your former glory” she said sarcastically. “Since I’m being so nice, you should say thank you.”

 

The tiny trio stood silently, contemplating what June had just said.

 

“Fine then you ingrates.” June said with mock anger. “In that case I’m taking one of you. I choooose… you.” she said plucking away Tikelenkelen the big headed son.

 

His mother Aso and baby brother Adufowhe screamed as they reached for their family member but to no avail. In less than a second, he was already too far out of reach.

 

“I’m just kidding, I was taking him anyway.” she informed them before tossing them out into the floor of the training center, and sitting back to watch the show.

 

Aso and Adufowhe roughly hit the ground and tumbled across the floor for a little bit before stopping.

 

“Aaahh!” Aso screamed.

 

The goddess’s left leg had broken due to the rough fall. It was bent at an odd angle at the knee, and there was no way she could put any weight on it.

 

“Mama! Mama! Are you ok?” Adufowhe yelled to his mother.

 

“I am alright my child.” she said, trying to reassure her youngest son. “You need to get out of here, it's not safe.”

 

“But what about you?”

 

“I-I cannot come with you. I cannot move.”

 

Adufowhe saw his mother’s mangled leg for the first time and was worried. But there was no way he was going anywhere without his mother. He had lost all his family today, he wouldn’t lose her too.

 

“Mama, you’re hurt. I need to get you help”

 

“There is no time for that child, you need to run. Run to a hiding spot and stay there, stay safe.”

 

“But Mama look,there is King T’Challa! The Black Panther,  Baba fought with him before, he gets his powers from Bast. He Knows us, he will help you!” The naive boy god reasoned. “I will be right back!”

 

“No. Adufowhe! Come back!” Aso yelled, using her eight arms to drag herself to her son.

 

But it was too late, he was already on his way. Adufowhe ran as fast as he could towards the mat, and T’Challa. The two mighty heroes sparing in front of him created booming sounds with each footstep and movement they made, but Adufowhe was undeterred. His mom needed help and he was going to get it for her. He barely got started, when he heard another booming sound and felt another tremor, this time from behind him. Then he heard a new voice boom from above. This one huskier than the voice of the witch that shrunk him, but still distinctly feminine.

 

“Hey boys, got room for one more?”

 

The sound of a new voice booming from above made Adufowhe turn around in surprise. He turned to see a red haired woman clad in a skintight black bodysuit tower like a skyscraper in the distance. She wasn’t as tall as the two sparing heroes or for that matter June, but still loomed large from Adufowhe’s perspective. The tiny God recognized the woman as the Black Widow,  another member of the Avengers. The redheaded Avenger took off her boots, each large enough to be a palace for a person of Adufowhe’s size, and began walking towards him.

 

In actuality, she was walking towards the mat and her teammates. She didn’t even notice the two bug sized Gods at her feet. Step after step, the ground vibrated as she walked to her destination. Completely imperceptible to a normal sized person, but veritable earthquakes to the tiny bug Gods. Her strides took her right in the path of Aso. For her part, the shrunken goddess realized she was in danger, and attempted to crawl out of the way, but there was no way she would have made it running full speed, let alone crawling on the ground with a busted leg. Within three steps, Black Widow was right above Aso, she saw the shadow pass over her like a cloud on a summer’s day, except this was no vacation. Despite this, the tiny goddess did not stop pulling herself forward with her eight arms, crawling like an actual bug on the ground, and it appeared her destiny was to be crushed like one.

 

CRUNCH.

 

Just like that, the African Goddess of fertility and justice had become nothing more than a thin paste, pulverised under the hammer like heel of Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow, and she didn’t even break stride, at least until she noticed a slight popping underneath her. Had she been wearing shoes, she wouldn’t have even noticed, but under her sensitive bare feet, she managed to feel the slight sensation. Black Widow lifted her foot up behind her to see what she had stepped on.

 

“Ugh I thought Stan just sprayed?” Widow said, mildly disgusted at seeing she had stepped on a bug. It’s carapace apparently obliterated as red goo covered a small portion of her heel, a couple of its limbs still intact, still twitching being the only thing that signified it was once a living being.

 

As for Adufowhe, he had seen everything. He saw his mother, who always exuded power and control in every situation crawl helplessly on the ground like a common insect. He saw Black Widow, a hero he thought he could trust, carelessly and mercilessly killing his mother. He saw her body flatten to the ground, arms splaying to the side as her eyeballs bulged and her organs burst out of her, before his view of her was replaced by the rest of the giant woman’s foot coming down. Those images would be seared into Adufowhe’s mind for the rest of his life. Luckily, that wouldn’t be for too much longer.

 

Adufowhe was trying to hold back tears, and failing miserably. He just watched his mother’s brutal death, in horrifying detail. Now where she once stood was an impossibly large female foot. He saw the giantess lift her foot back to inspect her sole, and completely dismiss his mother’s death. She simply brought her foot back down, as if she had never existed. Partly in disbelief, and partly in grief the tiny god began to weep.

 

“Mama?” he said with a whimper “Mama? Mama!” this time he screamed as he dropped to his knees and began to bawl like a baby.

 

Adufowhe was beside himself with grief. Mostly though, he just felt anger, anger that everything and everyone he had ever loved had been taken from him. The bug sized child-like God couldn’t take it anymore. Momentarily forgetting that whatever June Covington did to shrink him and bring him to this realm also took away his Godlike abilities, he focused his rage and pain and through this actually managed to recommune with the ambient energies. He used his intense emotions and his reconnection to his powers to create a large blast of pure ambient energy. This blast was far larger and more powerful than anything his father had ever conjured, it might have even been greater than any blast the other members of the Vodu were capable of. In his blind rage at his mother’s death, he released the blast right into Black Widow’s big toe that was sitting right in front of him.

 

“Shit, there’s another one, I think it just bit me.” Natasha said feeling a little nip on her toe.

 

Looking down she spies a pathetic looking eight armed creature at her feet, next to her right big toe.

 

Adufowhe came down from his rage immediately after releasing the blast. He was exhausted, and his rage was mostly abated, though he still felt his grief. Then he heard Black Widow’s words from high above. Looking up with tears in his eyes, he saw Natasha Romanoff’s beautiful face looking down on him with a look of complete indifference.

 

“Black Widow, I thought you were a hero! Why did you kill my mother?” the tiny grief stricken god blubbered through tears.

 

Hearing tiny squeaks coming from the bug, Natasha jerked her head back slightly as she turned her lip up in disgust.

 

“Ugh” she murmured to herself, as she raised her foot into the air poised to crush the annoying pest.

 

Down below, Adufowhe saw the giantess’s face turn from a look of indifference to a terrifying scowl of disgust. It was then he realized how pathetically small he was. I am nothing but an insect to her he thought. It was a scenario he had seen play out with each of the deaths of his family members he was forced to watch, but one has to be at the feet of a larger being themselves and see the look of disgust firsthand to truly understand it, and in that moment, Adufowhe finally understood. So he did the only thing left, he begged.

 

“Black Widow, hear me, I am not an insect! I am Adufowhe, and I… need… your…”

 

Adufowhe’s pleas didn’t reach her ears as anything more than annoying squeaks however, and his words petered to a stop when he saw her disgusted face be replaced with the awesome sight of her bare foot overshadowing his entire field of vision. He could see its wrinkles and lines like hills and valleys all over the bottom of her foot. A light dusting of dirt and dust covered her sole from the tips of her toes to her heel. But speaking of the heel, Adufowhe was unconcerned with the majesty of the bottom of Black Widow’s bare foot, he was transfixed by the sight of his mother’s crushed remains flattened and stuck to the heel of the foot. He stared at it until it was no longer visible as the ball of Natasha’s foot was all that he could see. He couldn’t even scream before

 

SPLAT.

 

Natasha ground her foot into the bug for a few seconds, until she was sure it was good and dead.

 

“Sorry, I just hate these things.” She said to her two teammates standing in front of her. “So who’s up next, T’Challa?”

 

“No.” T’Challa replied. "I have felt… off since this morning. I am going to go pray to The Gods for guidance.”

 

Walking off, T’Challa couldn’t possibly know seven of those Gods would never hear his prayers or that two of them were actually the two ‘bugs’ his own teammate just stepped on.

 

June watched the unaware carnage from her hiding spot, a look of sick, sadistic glee plastered all over her face.

 

“See that speck? That was the last of your family down there.” June whispered to the tiny in her grip. “Killed by one of the people that was supposed to rescue them. That’s how worthless and sad you all are.”

 

Tikelenkelen had in fact seen the whole thing. Throughout the day he had seen his previously thought immortal family picked off one by one by mere mortals like they were the inferior ones. Like they were nothing but insects. As would be expected, this was devastating to the big headed god, but to see his mother and baby brother killed so brutally when they were so close to getting rescued,that had finally broken him.

 

“So what are you waiting for?” Tikelenkelen shouted up at his captress. “Let’s get this over with.”

 

hearing his tiny indecipherable squeaks, June blew air out of her nostrils in what was meant to be a laugh. Ignoring him, she roughly stuffed him an a pocket and got back to work setting up her surveillance tech.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I've got one more chapter left, just a quick wrap up to this story not much action in it. I'll try to release it sometime soon. Please leave a review if you liked it. Or even if you didn't. I like praise, but I also like constructive criticism. Makes my writing better.