- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I got the idea for this story after having read the end of Dark Avengers #190. Even though I do take some liberties with the source material, obviously spoilers still apply for that issue. 

 

NOTE: There's also a bit of racism throughout, as well as total disrespect for African deities. As an African-American myself, I am totally fine reading and writing it, but if such things offend you, sorry.

 

 

Characters

Name: Toxic Doxie (June Covington)

 

Race: White

 

Age: 32

 

Height: 5’8”

 

Powers:

  • Bones that soften to diffuse impact.

  • Glands that distribute mega-doses of "relaxin" allowing her joints to dislocate with ease.

  • Enhanced pain threshold.

  • A neurotoxin in her blood that can kill a fully grown adult in 10 seconds.

  • Capable of creating containment fields (force fields)

  • Thermal blasts drawn from her natural body heat

  • Ability to sense and track others by touching a genetic sample of them.

  • Telepathic influence over those she has sampled.

 

June Covington is a total sociopath. Even in childhood, this was evident. Despite never being abused by her single father, a kind hearted farmer, just doing the best he could to raise her, she still decided to purposely run the poor man over with a tractor when she was only twelve, just to see what would happen.

 

As an adult, June became a gifted geneticist, and molecular biologist, She graduated top of her class in college and completed her post-grad at NYU, with a research grant for her studies in biology. June planned to create genetically enhanced humans like the Avengers, and the X-Men. Initially, she decided to test her experiments on herself. This was a resounding success, giving her superpowers. She then experimented on others, however, this time it failed, resulting in their deaths; she claimed it was because their DNA was inferior. Due to the deaths that occured in the experiment, June was kicked out of the university.

 

Remaining in New York and working in an underground laboratory with funding from various black market sources and corrupt businessmen, she worked on numerous projects. A full fledged racist at this point, June developed a serum that would turn the impoverished black and latino people who lived near her lab into food to feed the superior race (white people). June was eventually captured and sent to prison, but not before she turned 18 innocent black and latino men, women, and children into food. and not before she sampled her creation.

 

She was locked in a superpower dampening prison to make sure she didn’t use her powers to escape, but when Norman Osborne was putting together his Anti-Avengers, she was freed and took on the supervillain name Toxic Doxie.

 

 

Name: Anansi

 

Race: African God

 

Age: 20,000

 

Height: Variable

 

Powers:

 

  • Super Strength

  • The ability to tap into and manipulate ambient mystical energies

  • Web creation

  • Immortality & invulnerability



Anansi is the African Spider God. In the early days of civilization, he was a trickster. However as time went by, he mellowed, and became known as the God of all knowledge, and storytelling in West African and Caribbean cultures. Despite this, Anansi still retained his cunning and love for trickery, as well as his rebellious nature. Due to this, he was often celebrated as a symbol of slave resistance and a model for survival amongst the Haitian people while they were enslaved. He aided enslaved Africans to establish a sense of continuity with their African past and offered them the means to transform and assert their identity no matter where in the world they were.

 

Anansi’s form is that of a human, hundreds of feet tall in comparison to normal humans while in Ala, the African Heaven. While on earth he is a more manageable 7’5”. In both forms he has eight arms like a spider. While on Ala, he is a member of the Vodu, the council of the ancient African Gods. He resides there most of the time, with his family; His wife, Aso; his firstborn son Ntikuma; his second oldest, a beautiful daughter named Anansewa; his big-headed son Tikelenkelen; his twins, son Nankonhwea with a spindly neck, and daughter Matundu with spindly arms; and finally, Adufowhe, his pot-bellied son who was his youngest and still in the form of a child, all of them are also humanoid immortals with eight arms.