- Text Size +

 

June had the tiny family of African deities in the palm of her red leather glove clad hand. As she was looking at the pathetic life forms in her hand, she was reminded of the time when she developed a device that changed the molecular structure of human beings and turned them into gourmet foodstuffs. She tested it out many times, only on the poor and sometimes homeless minorities that lived near her lab. Right now though she was thinking about the first time she used it. She saw a homeless Hispanic guy with his young son who couldn’t have been older than 7 or 8 living in their car. She remembered how pathetic they were, and how they were probably in the country illegally anyway. So she turned the father into lobster, and the little son into a perfect veal chop. She ate well that night, having them with a nice red wine. The sadistic woman savored every bite of their tender, juicy new forms.

 

         With this in mind, she decided to eat one of the gods in her hand. Remembering that the veal was the best part of her meal all those years ago, she decided to take one of the children. The three oldest were adults, and the youngest was far too fatty, so she ruled them out, and was left with one of the twins. But instead of turning them into food, this time she wanted to see what they tasted like by themselves.

 

“Ahh this is a good one”

 

 Down below in the palm of her hand, the family was still freaking out as the giantess that held them was lost in thought high above them.

 

“Mama! What happened to Baba?” Asked Adufowhe.

 

“Your father… is… dead.” Aso said, not quite believing it herself. No god had ever died before. But she had seen mortals die enough times to know what it looked like.

 

“B-But… I thought we were immortal?” Nankonhwea chimed in.

 

“Well we are not, clearly!” Aso yelled at her son, frustrated, afraid, and hurt by the loss of her mate of 12,000 years.

 

“Give Mama some space.” Ntikuma told his brother, yet again playing the peacemaker. “Let us devise a plan to get us out of this.” He offered.

 

“What hope is there brother?” Nankonhwea continued enraged. “This mbwa jike transported us here, killed Baba like some common insect, which shouldn’t even be possible and now she has us in the palm of her h-“

 

Before Nankonhwea could finish, two fingers clad in red leather wrapped around him and plucked him away from the group.

 

“Yes, I think you’ll do nicely” June said, raising him up to her face.

 

“Unhand me you witch! I do not know wha-“

 

“Yeah, I can’t hear a word your saying” she scoffed at the shrunken god she had in her grip.

 

Looking back at the rest of the family in her palm, she heard a little squeaking coming from them too.

 

“And I definitely can’t hear you little shits.” She said dismissively. “Gods, hah! Not only do you squish like bugs, you’re so pathetic my ears can’t even pick up your voices. Maybe you’re gods to a bunch of dirty monkeys, but to me, you’re literally nothing.

 

She began to bring Nankonhwea to her mouth, and the squeals from her other hand only intensified.

 

“Well, maybe you niggers can be good for something…”

 

Without a moment of hesitation, June opened her mouth and tossed the minor god in. She swished him around on her tongue, savoring his taste. Salty, she thought.

 

         Meanwhile Nankonhwea was in hell. The thick saliva was less like water and more like a viscous goop that threatened to drown him. It got in his nose, and eyes, and down his throat. Her tongue was like an angry beast as it thrashed him about. He was almost crushed as it pressed him tightly to the roof of her mouth. His ears popped from the pressure change as she swallowed the saliva in her mouth. Then without warning she flipped him onto her molars. Reacting quickly Nankonhwea rolled away from the teeth as they were about to come down, but he wasn’t fast enough. June’s teeth came down on all four arms on Nankonhwea’s right side, pulverizing them. Instead of coming down to chew again, June moved him back to the center of her mouth and his ears popped again as he was swallowed whole.

 

“Note to self, don’t chew them… gross” June said to herself.

 

         Nankonhwea heard those words rumble around him like… well a mortal hearing the voice of god as he traveled down her throat. Maybe she is a god and we have all been living a lie Nankonhwea thought. He landed with a splash in a dark cavern that smelled like nothing he had ever smelled before. The acidic air singed his nose and scorched his lungs. Between that and the four painful bleeding stumps, he thought that this was the worst pain in the universe. But the naive god did not know how human digestion worked. He would soon come to know a pain infinitely worse, as he is slowly digested alive by June Covington’s potent stomach acids and reduced from African god, to human shit. For all his former power he wouldn’t even amount to half a calorie to June’s body.

 

BRAAAAP


June belched right over the remaining tinies in her hand, nearly blowing them away with the foul wind.

 

“Ugh, he was a fighter” she said.

 

         The shrunken family was in hysterics now. Some were crying, others were visibly angry, while others were catatonic. June saw this but ignored it as they and their feelings were completely beneath her.

 

“What to do with the rest of you…” she mused to herself. She was no longer even acknowledging them. “I’d love to keep playing, but let’s get someone else in on the fun.”