- Text Size +

Chapter 8

Tiny howls of pain seemed to travel all by themselves throughout the hallway as Milly crandled the bleeding, broken body of the guy she had partially crushed before. His legs were the only thing damaged, it was a serious injury, but no vital organs appeared to be affected at all. She ran down the hallway, a small earthquake created as her feet pounded along. Milly had to help him. She had to correct her mistakes.

Breathless, she read the door number. It was hers alright. She grabbed the doorknob. A voice shouted from inside. "Hey! Don't come in!"

Milly had no time, despite the shouting, she flung open the door and barged in...

"WHAT THE HELL?!" came a shocked and angry scream, from June, moaning, sopping wet hands in her panties. Milly's face flashed instantly from pale to a deeper shade of red than most apples. Her eyes went wide and she reached again for the door to exit... "Never mind, come in!" June said, turning away from Milly, still quite obviously busy with herself. Milly's face and eyes were still frozen in that state even as she closed the door behind her and sat on the bed.

"Uhm...uhm...." Milly said, fidgeting with the person in her hands nervously. They shook uncontrollably as she struggled to regain her concentration.

"I said don't....worry about it...." June gasped, between gentle sighs of pleasure. Milly just shook her head, not sure of how to feel now. Then she realized the task at hand, and how important it was. She started at his legs, which were forced into an awkward, twisted position by the thousand-ton pressure exerted on them. Each time she even slightly touched them, he howled in pain. A pool of blood was gradually forming in the palm of her hand at an alarming rate. She looked closer, and then she knew why.

Bone fragments. Peeking through the mangled, blood-drenched flesh as if they were rose stems. The red fluid flowed freely from the openings, with nothing to stop it.

"There's a high-level of fracturing here," Milly said. "It's like the bones are broken in a dozen different places," she said. "God...I don't know what I can do for this...I'm not trained to be a surgeon..." Milly said to herself. "Even if I took you to one, I doubt you'd ever walk again..." Her voice stung worse than the wounds. "You might have to get an amputation, in all honesty."

His voice yelped back after a while. "I...don't care! I'd rather never walk again than die from this!" This young, naked, brown-haired man showed bravery in his voice, but felt himself going cold. If nothing was done soon, he'd bleed to death.

"W-what am I supposed to do?" Milly exclaimed. "I'm not prepared to do an amputation! I don't have the tools!" she said. Then turned to June with a concerned look on her face. "Are there any surgeons on campus or anything like that?"

June's light moans slowed down as she turned to answer. "Oh......There is one place...but...I don't know if they'll accept tiny people." she said. "I seriously doubt it. They're just...tiny, after all. If that one dies, you can simply pick one up somewhere else, you know."

"But that isn't the point!" Milly exclaimed, a bit of anger in her voice. "I want to save his life because...it's not right if he dies..."

"Go to G-202," said June casually, sighing, and turning away again, her moaning starting up again.

Milly wiped sweat drops from her head, and immediately, stood up and cradled the bleeding body as she carried it off. This wasn't supposed to happen to her, she was a trained medic, after all. But this seemed beyond any wound she could treat, and it drove like a rusty knife into her chest. She felt like she was going to fail. She couldn't fail, it was her job to save lives! Milly could not bear the sight of another person dying in her arms again...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And still Almika continued to search, her legs pushing her on through the long, slowly emptying halls of the university. She never stopped looking, never stopped asking for Chris. She wanted to find him alive, despite the fact that his chances of survival were low.

The weary girl found herself beginning to pant, sweat beats running down her face. Her lungs stung from dashing about so much, her eyes beginning to tear up, her eyelids threatening to slam shut on her. The hallways of the university turned into a complex, never-ending labyrinth that now repeated itself over and over. She couldn't be sure if she had been in a similar hallway before...

The university seemed like a different place at night. Somewhat lonely, with echoing halls, it made her feel alone. And lost. Eventually she began to grow so fatigued that reality was fading in and out. Her body was simply going through the motions of walking around and searching, with still no results. Could she possibly find Chris, who might already be a snack?