- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 3


"W-w-w-w-WHAT!?" exclaimed Chris, at the rather unusual reaction of the red-haired girl. Neither of them had expected that kind of response. This girl was clearly quite strange. Around her, apparantly the LEAST of his worries was getting eaten.

"Like I said..." she nodded. "But you'll have to find that out for yourself..."

Chris turned almost purple at those words. "....For myself?"

"You're really cute, you know? Don't worry so much about it! Oh! My name is Heather...." She then turned to Almika. "Your name's Almika, isn't it. The e-mail said so! I wonder what your classes are going to be! It's weird that they start you off so fast, huh? You don't get to actually pick your classes until your third semester...they choose everything based on the preference test at first. I suppose that's the way it works, huh? Hey, I need to give you a quick tour..."

Almika looked at her with a slight tilt of the head. She was quite strange, but also very nice. If she could ignore her slight twinge of hyperactivity, they'd get along just fine.

"Where should I show you around first?" asked Heather. "Maybe the 'tiny' bar? The play room? Some of the classrooms? Maybe I should show you around the dorm rooms."

Almika nodded quickly, as did Chris. Though, Chris was a little nervous. And who could blame him? Being a small guy at the bottom of the proverbial food chain wasn't the best place to be in this university. Light was blotted out once more as Almika's fingers closed around Chris, holding him gently, enough to give him air, but still a firm grip.

Quickly, Almika followed along with Heather, Chris in her hands. "Come on!" said Heather, giggling and almost skipping, out the door and down the hallway. The A hallway was fairly long, with several doors only distinguishable by the numbers above them. But Heather seemed to know exactly where she was going, and finally came to door A-10.

"This is it!" Heather exclaimed, jumping a bit. "I'm going to introduce you to June." Knock, knock, knock..........but no answer. "Juuuuuune...." she said, giggling.

"I'll be a minute," came a quiet, soothing voice. Heather shrugged, and stood back from the door. There was the faint sound of rustling from inside the dorm room, and she could have sworn she heard a different voice inside as well. Eventually, the knob turned on it's own, and the door swung aside to reveal a slightly older woman (mid 20s) wearing a long, beautiful Victorian-style black dress. Large, firm breasts pushed out against the chest area. A pair of almost knee high black boots with laces curling up them in a strange, unique style. She even wore dark purple gloves. Despite her unusual, almost intimidating outfit, her face was surprisingly as soft looking as an angel, with blonde hair cut short length hanging behind her head. It seemed to contrast her entire outfit. She had a pleasant smile as she greeted the two of them. Oh, and she was also 300 feet tall, standing easily above them both. "Greetings," she said, nodding to them. "Please, come in."

Both Heather and Almika walked inside, sitting down on the larger-than-normal bed. There was another girl with them, sitting down on a bed that was more suited to her scale. She seemed to be busy unpacking things from a large tote bag.

"June, this is Almika, she's new. Almika, this is June. She's a second year student." Heather introduced them to each other.

"It's nice to meet you," spoke June, gingerly reaching out a large gloved hand. Almika took it, shaking it, trying to ignore the fact that it was quite a bit larger than her own.

"The same," Almika said, smiling a bit. "I'm hoping we can become good friends."

"Friends?" responded June, looking at Almika as if she were from another planet for a moment.

"Sure, why not?" she said, although with a bit of concern in her voice. Did she not want to be friends?

"....Perhaps," came the soft voice.

"So...er...if you don't mind me asking, what kind of subjects are you into?" asked Almika.

A small smile spread across her lips. "Let me see the tiny person you're holding in your right hand, and I'll show you."

Chris froze inside the grip. He hadn't expected to be discovered in here! Wasn't he hidden well enough? He looked outside through the small gaps between the fingers, and shivered intensely at the sight of June. Not only was she a bit bigger than Almika, she was looking straight down at her fist, where he was contained....

"I...don't have one," Almika lied instantly, which only seemed to make June's voice firmer and more certain.

"You're not hiding it well," came the voice "It's easy to tell by the way you're gripping him. Your fist is too loose, as if to allow him to breathe in there. I'd like to see him," she said, reaching out a gloved hand and smiling warmly.

"N-no," Almika said nervously, shaking her head and stepping back.

"Why not? It's not like he isn't replacable. If he dies or you lose him, you can always get a new pet." This only served to make Almika retreat a bit, the slightest hint of a shiver in her knees.

"Just replace him? But that isn't right..." Hearing Almika defend his rights as a person seemed to ease his conforts a little, and the intense shivering feeling inside her fist stopped.

".....Don't worry about it," June said finally, and reached into a nearby bag. Between two fingers, she held a small, naked man, kicking in the air furiously. Her had green eyes and redish-brown hair. Skin as pale as a ghost. Strangely enough, he had the build of a dancer. His eyes pleaded with the other two girls staring at him, sighed, and then..turned back to June.

"I'll show you a small sample with him." And then with a nigh inaudible squishing sound, the man disappeared, replaced by a red ooze between June's gigantic gloved fingers. She rubbed them together for a bit, and licked them off. Almika looked as if she had seen a ghost. Heather didn't seem surprised at all, while Chris.....was out. He had fainted in the palm of Almika's hand.

"How did you like that?" asked June. Almika shook her head, simply, indicating she didn't like it at all, not one bit. She looked down at Chris and frowned. Seeing him out cold like that, she decided at that moment she would never do anything like that to Chris. Even though she could, easily. Almika was shivering a little and looking as if the blood had drained out of her face.

"Oh well.." said June, looking a little disappointed. She had actually hoped to excite her guest, but it seemed she did the opposite. "I'm sorry that scared you," she said, and went back to filling out a paper. Almika just stared for a while at Chris' unconcious form.

The girl on the bed suddenly called out to Almika. "Uhm, hello there! You're new too, right?"

Almika took a few seconds to react, looking as if someone had just startled her. "Oh! Yeah, I am," she said, forcing herself to smile. "My name's Almika."

"My name's Milla....but if you'd like, you can call me Milly...." She actually looked slightly younger than Almika, her body being rather thin and small. Her face was a distinct mix of half-Japanese, half-American. Her hair was short and jet black, but slightly messy, with a few long bangs dangling into her eyes. "You..might be in one of my classes tomorrow. Wouldn't that be great?"

Almika heard her voice from a distance. It was like a dream. Everything seemed too real to be real. Was any of this happening?