- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm Back! Believe it or not i've been tossing up what direction to take this chapter for over a year now.

Chapter 15: Bed Time


What seemed to be the longest night of my life just seemed to keep going and going, we had passed into 1:00am in the morning and my chances of getting to work tomorrow weren't looking great. After she had finished going through my kitchen she returned and started watching TV again, on the bright side she was starting to sober up a fair bit, Not that she wasn't still a threat, it just meant she might now be a little more careful with me.


It was late though and I was tired, I wanted to change out of my clothes, shower and then head to bed. But the routine thought of showering terrified me with her around, I felt compromised knowing if she so demanded it she could just walk into my bathroom at any point. Maybe I was paranoid, maybe I was to self concious, but what I did know is that she was unpredictable, and even if there wasn't much sense in doing it she was always more than capable of doing it. The thought of heading to bed was also in itself a terrifying prospect, Something about leaving her unchecked and free to roam around was just scary to me. Not that I would be able to sleep with her presence anyway.


I sat quietly behind her as she sat on my couch, I had dragged a chair from the kitchen into the room as I needed to see what she was doing but I didn't want to sit next to her bulking form on the couch. Although anxious, any distance between me and her was a good thing. If she was at all interested on what was on the TV she didn't show it, she seemed more amused scrolling through her phone and texting. To be fair staring into the back of her head I could barely tell if she was awake, but I didn't dare move


Eventually she finally stood up.


“I'm going to bed” she announced. My first thoughts where that of relief and disappointment. Relief in that she seemed done for the night, but disappointed she wouldn't be heading home. Not that I expected her to drive in her condition, I was just hoping for some sort of miracle that she'd call a cab and head off.


“Well?” She questioned, seeing I was lost in my train of thought


“Well what?” I replied


“Show me to the bedroom”


My heart jumped out of it's chest, she'd been around the house already. It was small and surely she had already found where it was. Maybe it was the phrasing that instilled fear in me, i'd heard her threaten to 'have her way with me' earlier in the night and on the train. Was it a simple request or was there more. The colour must have drained from my face, because she could tell exactly what I was thinking.


“No” She simply said as if answering the question that I had never spoken out loud “If I wanted to fuck you, I would have done it by now”


While Brash, the comment had a threatening aura around it, it showed that she probably could have taken me if she wanted too. But seemed more interested in tormenting me for the night, it does scare me that at any point she might turn on me. However for now, the comment came with a reassurance, she generally didn't seem interested at all and she had quashed that fear for tonight at least. I don't know why I try to decipher ever word she says but I could tell once again I was lingering. I took a breath and relaxed, it appeared she wasn't going to 'have her way' tonight.


With a little bit of confidence now in me, I motioned with my hands for her to follow me down the hallway. It was a short hallway, all it had was a bathroom on the left, a cupboard on the right and the bedroom at the end of it. But even in the short hallways it was still a long walk with her looming over me as I led her to the bedroom, even in the dark every step I took seemed to be in her shadow.


I turned the handle and stepped inside. Of course she had to bend under the doorway like in more other rooms of the house to get in, but once inside her presence once again filled the room


“This it huh? Well I can tell i'm the first woman you've had back here” That comment stung. While it was true it really tore at my confidence, because the truth can hurt. Most people seemed uninterested romantically when it comes to me, i've had more than my fair share of rejections and a lot of them purely coming off my height. I can tell she was attempting to eat away at my confidence by pointing out my lack of success.


“i'll be back” she said all of a sudden, before I could even realise she was leaving I turned to see the door slamming shut behind me with a click. Instinctively I turned to door an tried to turn the knob, it wouldn't budge. The Key! She had locked me in my room. I never locked this door in the whole time i've lived here, I had forgotten that it even could be locked by the same key.


I put my ear to the door and listened for her, from what I could tell she had been outside and then came back in and gone to the bathroom. For the briefest moment while she was away I looked at my window and contemplated actually jumping out and running out into the night, I quickly dismissed the idea of course, I was ludicrous. It was just one of those random anxiety driven thoughts.


True to her word, she wasn't long at all. The door un-clicked and in she walked in a new form. She had ditched the clothes she had worn for the night for a long night shirt that where matched with some loose baggy shorts. I was somewhat entranced. I did not like this woman one but, but she seemed someone elegant in these night clothes. She definitely had a way of capturing your attention even if it was the last thing you wanted to give her. I had to snap out of it


“okay... Well goodnight” I said trying to slink off, of course once I reached the door I was once again presented with the same problem I had before she left, I knob simply wouldn't turn. My heart once again ripped through my chest, she had deliberately locked the door behind her coming back into the room, leaving me and her locked in the room together with the key out only in her possession. I was confused, I expected to leave and just let her have the bed while I slept on the couch, after all one was better suited for her bigger body, but it seemed that was not her intention.


“Going somewhere?” she asked


“I don't understand” I simply blurted “Where am I supposed to sleep?”


“In your bed?” she said confused as if not understanding my own confusion.


“Then where are...” I couldn't even finish the sentence.


“I figured we'd share, it is your bed after all” This was such a weird way of putting it, it was like she was trying to give me some control back, even though this is the last thing I wanted. It almost felt that way before I remembered that the door was locked behind me. What was meant to feel like my choice, and my bed was ultimately her choice and desire to torment me further. Maybe I could still work my way out of this.


“It's rather small, i'm more than happy to sleep on the couch”


“It's fine” She said dismissing me entirely “i don't bite... or at least not tonight” she said rather playfully. I still felt she had no desire to do anything to me tonight, but damn was the threat of it happening at some point ever looming. I needed to get away from this woman, however that would have to wait for another time, I was unfortunately trapped in the room with her with no way out until the morning.


Once again, I’d be forced to play along with her. As much as I didn't like being in the same room with her let alone sharing the bed with her, I’d have to have to suck it up just to get through the night. I had however, quickly formulated a plan to get me through and it was pretty simple. Once she was out I’d sneak out of bed and sleep on the floor, Yes I’d much rather sleep on the floor than in my own bed if it's occupied by her, Of course if she sets the key down I might even be able to make it to the couch and crash there, a room away from her.


“Well” she said again sick of waiting, it seemed she wanted me to get in first. With slight hesitation I obliged and got in under the covers. I scooted myself as much as I could towards the edge of the bed so that I could be as far away as I could.


I was still adjusting myself when I heard the light switch go off, followed by the blackness of the dark. I'd lost track of her in the room but I could hear her bare feet treading towards the bed. Then Clunk, the sound of the spring lowering on the opposite side. She fidgeted around for a bit feeling out the bed before the properly slide under the covers and started to make herself comfortable.

Chapter End Notes:

As i said it's been over a year, i've really been thinking hard on where to take this. it's not that i didn't have ideas or motivation. It was just a real struggle to format it into words and story. This chapter i rewrote about three times over the course of the last year, each time i read it back i was unsatified with how turned out. I spent many a nights trying to think of what to write next and how to write, trying to put myself in the fantasy and seeing how it would play out, what moves would the charcters make and so on.


Thank you for you patience over the last year, The next chapter will be right behind this one. I'd hit good form on writing again and wanted to capatlise, although i'm now tired. You've all been patient, so i don't want to hold out on the next chapter. Please Enjoy and if nessersay send me a review!