- Text Size +

 

5 years later

Officer Donnelly approached the door of a midsize home, clipboard in hand. He was in full police garb, although anyone paying significant attention would notice several irregularities.

He rung the doorbell and a young teenager opened the door, noticeably startled.

“Um, hello?” she said looking up at him.

“May I speak with your parents?” he asked, “I work for the police” -- he lied. He had actually retired a few months previous, but he had found a new way to spend his time.

“My mom’s not home, sorry” she replied sheepishly

“That’s ok – when will she be back?”

“I don’t know”

“Ok, tell her to reach out to me as soon as possible” he said as he scribbled his phone number on a piece of paper. As he handed it to her he couldn’t help but feel off about this house. She closed the door as he crossed another name off his list.

He was going to speak to anyone involved in these disappearances – and solve them. 


Sophie strolled through her empty home. She had just started high school and was under a lot of stress about things. More and more she found herself relying on tinies to solve her academic challenges – and as a result her mother had to make further and further trips to find good candidates. After all, no one wants a farmer helping them with algebra. 

Her mom was still protective over the actual device, Sophie didn’t know where it was. That wasn’t of consequence, though, as above the sink in sealed Tupperware about a dozen people of varying sizes sat unconscious. All Sophia had to do was pull one out before her exams, explain the content to it, bring it with her, and dispose of it. Piece of cake.

Today would be different, though. Sophia had started dating a guy she met in homeroom – Evan. Even for freshman in high school, their relationship developed quickly. Now they spent an enormous amount of time with one another and Sophie was already thinking about next steps.

She had never actually kissed a guy, something most girls around her had. Her mom was so protective over her, which frustrated her to no end. Even acquiring a boyfriend turned out to be tough for her, and she had no problem venting to her tinies before she stomped them to oblivion.          

But now she finally had one, and he was on his way over. She had gotten her hopes up when the doorbell rang, but the weird police man had arrived instead. Now she stared at herself in the mirror as she adjusted her shirt and hair mimicking how she would try to kiss him. She had learned as much as she could already. 

Google was a start, Wikihow provided an overview of how to kiss. But Sophia had needed more, the night before her history exam she had asked a particularly talkative tiny how to kiss, and it had explained it to her as best it could on the condition that she let him go after the exam. She of course forgot and crushed him slowly regardless, but at least she remembered the advice as she watched herself in the mirror making kissy faces.

Then, the doorbell rang.

Finally, It was Evan. The two hugged immediately and ran up to Sophies room to enjoy a new Netflix show neither of them particularly cared for. Sophie knew they would kiss at some point – but her heart was racing regardless. She sat worried that he could feel it as they laid together watching. Then she had an idea.

“I’ll be right back” she announced as she darted downstairs.


Roger was in a daze – moments before he had been stopped at a gas station filling his truck and how he found himself stumbling around a futuristic room with a bunch of other dazed people. No one could speak coherently and he could hardly walk without stumbling.

Then the roof seemed to lift itself off into the air and within a second, Roger found himself in the dark. He tumbled around a soft, warm cave for a minute. He felt himself slowly gathering consciousness as the cave slit open and light flooded in.

And was he confused.

Two giant pairs of eyes looked down on him. After a moment his own eyes adjusted to see the young faces they belonged to. After some unintelligible rumbling from their mouths they both smiled in a way that made Roger nervous. Surely these 14 year olds were old enough to find help, right?

“You can’t tell anyone, okay?” Sophie said very seriously

“Okay I promise” Evan replied “What are we supposed to do with it?” he said looking down at the ant sized man

“Let me know you” Sophia said with a smirk. She plucked the tiny man and dangled him over her mouth, Evan was both stunned and very into what she was doing. The tiny screeched as it dangled above the warm cave. To Evans surprise, she teased it aloud: 

“guess what little guyyy” she chirped “my tummy’s feeling a little empty, can you help me with that..?”

In an instant she dropped him through the air, the screeching continuing as Evan watched bemused.

For Roger, this was more or less a living hell. Dangling above some teenagers mouth as she taunted him and while her soggy breath soaked him was enough to make him lose his mind. Moments later he landed with a smack on her bumpy tongue, the organ extending outward as if he was on a cliff. Behind him her eyes looked down at him while in front of him another giant teenager eyed him. What happened next shook him to his core.

The two lurched toward one another, their mouths opening and before Roger could properly scream, he was between them.

Neither of the teenage kissers had much experience – which somehow made it even worse for Roger. He was layered in thick saliva and carelessly tossed around and between the mouthes. His ears popped as they carelessly sucked and slobbered him. He could swear he felt the girl smile as he kicked and yelped.

Sophie was having an excellent time – the kissing was hot and the tiny made it that much hotter. She smiled as she tossed him around, occasionally digging him out from her teeth with her tongue. Evan was still processing the idea of shrunk people, but the kissing was great and he had a major thing for Sophie – he assumed they would discuss later.

Sophie was happy to topple over Evan while they kissed. She pulled back and stared him down as she swished the tiny like mouthwash.

She happily teased him by sticking her tongue out with the tiny holding on to the end for dear life. Then they dived back into it, even more aggressively now. Sophie didn’t particularly care if the tiny was pulled apart or crushed – she was just happy to have this time with Evan. To her surprise though, after half an hour it was still not only alive but intact. She carelessly tossed it aside as she and Evan began watching the show.

After it was done, they kissed briefly and she happily lead him to the door.

“Let’s do that again” she said, on her toes.

“Definitely” he said “and don’t worry – that’s our secret” with that he shut the door.

Sophie went back and found Roger in a heap covered in her own spit. She was careful to place him in a box for safe keeping – because her mom would notice if she kept taking the tinies for this, she’d have to reuse this one again and again. That was fine with her, she thought.