- Text Size +

Kayla had been dealt a great hand at life and yet somehow she found herself in troubled waters thanks to her terrible choices. She grew up rich, got a great education, and even briefly got a job at a top technology company, ZeroCorp. But Kayla had a rude awakening when, at age 18, she became pregnant. The father was long gone, and the petite girl found herself with very few options, she had to quit her job as the baby was soon to be born. Now, a stay at home mother funded mostly by her own parents generosity, Kayla was worried and deeply frustrated with her predicament. 

Would she be able to take care of her child? Would people take advantage of her baby? Who would protect it? Kayla had a backup plan. When she was working at ZeroCorp she received access to some preliminary technology. It was designed to reduce the weight of aid shipments during transport, but the technology could technically work on anything if the FDA would remove the regulations against that sort of thing. Kayla didn’t particularly worry herself with that when she stole one such device on her last day.

It was a bulky box that looked more like a fat cassette player than a cutting edge piece of technology, but Kayla knew this was her best shot of providing for her child. She could probably sell it on the underground market for a decent sum of money, but with money will rolling in from her parents, the 18 year old had another idea: use it to protect her child. To spare them from the risks of the world and to make sure everything went as she wanted it. Of course, she thought to herself, she would only use it in emergencies and not on people unless needed. Happy with herself, she gave birth days before turning 19 to a healthy baby girl – Sophia.

Sophia was a very active baby, her energy was contagious as she crawled around the room at only months old. Kayla was content but still very defensive – she didn’t feel ready at all. Despite making friends and enrolling Sophia in a day-care, she still couldn’t shake the fear of losing her child. At this point Sophia was all she really had now that her career was doomed. She would sip wine and watch the baby crawl more and more around, her butt in the air. The shrinking device remained in a drawer, tucked away from the world safely out of reach for Sophia.

Kayla had time to think about herself. She could still have SOME sort of career, right? She spoke with her father to obtain an internship at a smaller firm, and of course a nanny for Sophia. A month later she was off to work while the nanny Becca, a young girl only 15, watched over Sophia. At the start it worked well – Kayla got some of her career back and got to be a young mom sometimes as well. This was until the incident.

One afternoon after a particularly long day of work where Kayla found herself scolded by her boss for screwing up, she returned to Becca scolding Sophia for chewing on one of her toys. Kayla felt a rage build within her, her baby didn’t deserve this. This is exactly what she feared for Sophia, the baby began to burst into salty tears as Becca looked up in frustration.

“Can you help me out here?” She asked Kayla. This was the final straw for her, watching this was enough but the sass set her off.

“Of course” Kayla said calmly, she didn’t want to give away her intentions. Inside, she was livid. This was an emergency, exactly why she took the device. She strode into the kitchen and opened the drawer containing the device. Another three steps and she was within range of her young nanny. The machine made a sharp buzz and then confirmed it was ready. Kayla looked down at the small screen, where she was provided the option to choose a size.

>>1 INCH

She typed. Upon hitting confirm the device once again made a loud sound, this time shooting a flash toward Becca, who was about to ask what she was holding. In a moment Becca was gone, not a trace of the girl remained where she stood. Kayla walked over and inspected the ground. Sure enough, far, far below her, the young woman stood, knee deep in the shallow carpet. Kayla squatted over the girl, enjoying the moment as the rage of what happened coursed through her.

Becca just wanted a little extra money. The kid was a brat, changing her was enough trouble and now she stood looking up at the giant girl who squatted down above her. She didn’t know what was happening, there was a flash and how she found herself surrounded by giant everything. The kid was still crying halfway across the room, which was basically a quarter of a mile away to her. The sound was deafening and Becca just wanted it to end. Perfume washed over her as the girl stared down at her in rage, Becca realized that this probably wasn’t going to end well by the look of the giant eyes glaring through her. From above she heard the giantess announce.

“Guess I found a new toy”

Becca got goosebumps as Kayla reached for her. She began instinctively screaming and running away as the fingers yanked her backward. The giant fingerpads pressed into her sides, cracking her ribs sharply. If Becca could scream she would, but instead her lungs wouldn’t budge. She felt wild blow by her face as she was carried toward the demon child that was still wailing. The rumbling voice announced again:

“Here sweetie”

Becca was thrust into the tiny, pudgy hand of the almost-one year old. The baby, tears still descending, stopped crying momentarily to see what was placed in her hand. Becca, surrounded in the smell of baby powder, felt a paralyzing fear overtake her. The baby was giant, completely surrounding her. The thought briefly crossed her mind of jumping off the hand, but the pain in her ribs objected. The empty stare of the child gazed down, a single strand of saliva descended, crashing on the front of the child’s shirt.

Suddenly, the hand shifted beneath Becca, hosting her towards the billboard of a face. She knew where she was heading. With a yelp she found herself thrust into the giant mouth. The smell of the baby food she had recently fed the kid smothered her as she kicked her legs which were now dangling from the mouth. She screamed as the massive tongue prodded her face and licked her thoroughly. In an instant it pinned the young girl to the top of the mouth and sucked her in. Becca felt like she was in a sticky, smelly, violent washing machine. She was tossed, rotated, flipped, and attacked by the baby girl. She felt bones break as she was trashed against her gums and tongue. Screaming was of no use, she found, as the girl did not care for the distant yells in her mouth. Finally, she was tossed to the back of her throat and it brought her to her final resting place in the baby’s stomach. She cried softly as the acid slowly burned her skin, eventually she would be absorbed into the growing young girl she was sent to nanny.

Kayla grinned with satisfaction. She’d done her job, Sophia was safe! She watched her girl innocently sucking on the nanny and the satisfying gulp as she swallowed. Kayla happily picked Sophia up and rocked her in her arms. For a moment she could almost hear the cries of the young girl being dissolved in her stomach. Anything, Kayla thought, to keep her little girl safe.