- Text Size +

The police had been very kind, who wouldn’t be to a single mother? 15-year-old girls went missing on occasion, and not usually because of single mothers. This was procedure, though, so they interviewed the mom asking basic information about Becca.

“She left here as soon as I got home” Kayla said through crocodile tears, “I don’t know where she went”

The officers felt bad, what a horrible position for this young woman to be in. After asking the basic questions, they determined there was nothing left to discuss here and stepped towards the door. One of the officers bent down and played with the baby.

“She’s adorable” He said aloud as he played with the baby “Whew, and stinky!” The officer proceeded to thank Kayla and stepped out. Kayla scooped Sophia up, knowing that the ‘stinky’ was likely all that remained of Becca. “Time for a change!”

One year later

Kayla enjoyed watching Sophia grow and grow. Now, hardly 18 months old, the little girl could walk and say a small collection of words. The toddler was quite social at the day-care and during playdates, making many friends of a similar age. Kayla had her own breaks as well, getting a full-time job from her internship and actually developing a young career. She didn’t think about Becca or the device all that much. It sat in the drawer unused, with the exception of that one time.

That wasn’t on her mind now, however. Sophia had a playdate with one of her friends: Trenton. Kayla considered Trenton a bad child. He stole Sophia’s toys, made her cry, and was generally unlikeable. Kayla tolerated it because they also seemed to have fun with one another, which made her happy. Kayla was excited this time, because Trenton’s father Brian was coming as well. Brian was some high up businessman, Kayla didn’t really know the details, but if he raised Trenton, she wanted a word with him.

DING DONG

The doorbell rang out. Kayla approached the door and opened it, Brian was standing with Trenton hugging his ankles.

“Hi, come on in”

Kayla and Brian sat down in the kitchen while Trenton joined Sophia in the living room.

“We need to talk about Trenton’s behavior” Kayla announced. 

“You mean the fighting?” Brian laughed, “Look kids are gonna be kids, Sophia isn’t exactly an angel either”

Kayla felt an oddly familiar rage fill her. Trenton was bullying her daughter! And his father would do nothing. He was a bad parent, he didn’t deserve to be around Trenton, and Trenton didn’t deserve to be around Sophia. Kayla reached into the familiar drawer and pulled out the device.

“What is that?” Brian asked, suddenly quite confused.

Kayla set the option:

>>12 INCHES

The loud flash consumed Brian and in an instant he completely disappeared into a much smaller form. Kayla stepped over to him and scooped him up, holding his torso in her fist, she smiled down at him. 

Brian was extremely confused. He had gone from asking about a strange device to looking up at a surreal environment, a giant foot stomped in front of him and a young hand picked up him and held him tightly in it’s fist. The giant face of Kayla looked back at him, smiling. Brian would yell at her but her hand pressed into him so tightly that he gasped for breath. He felt a strong wind pass by his head as he tried to look around and gather a perspective on the world around him. He guessed he was maybe the size of a Barbie doll judging by the world around him. What had Kayla done? Why was he like this?

In an instant, he felt the hand let go. He finally took a deep breath as he tumbled awkwardly down to the carpet below. Brian found himself on his hands and knees, breathing as much as he could. A shadow was suddenly cast over him. He looked up in horror: It was Sophia. The 18-month-old gazed down at him from more than twice his height. As he stood in preparation to run away, he found himself at eye level with her cartoon covered diaper. Her hand began reaching for him as he began to run.

At first, he actually ran away pretty quickly. The giant baby awkwardly tottled behind him as he screamed. The last thing he wanted to be was another toy for Sophia. He looked behind him at the giantess he once thought was cute and now threatened to kill him. Just as he turned his head back around he hit his face on a large pillow and once again found himself on the ground. Looking up at the pillow he read the letters across it

T – R – E – N – T – O – N

In that instant Brian realized that it wasn’t a pillow, it was the diaper attached to his 2-year-old son, now three times his height. Trenton looked down upon him and smiled. Not again. Brian turned and began to run but found himself between Sophia and Trenton, both looking down upon him. Sophia scooped him up, hugging him against her drool covered shirt.

“My toy!” He heard his son announce.

“NO!” Sophia declared back.

Brian watched his sons pudgy hand reach for him and grasp his legs while Sophia’s hands grasped his shoulders and head. Brian screamed as the toddlers began to tug on him viciously. Even at their miniscule strength, Brian felt himself begin to bruise and felt some cracking somewhere in his body. Pain shot up his legs as Trenton tugged harder, desperately wanting the cool talking toy. Brian’s pleading went unanswered as they tugged on for what felt like hours. Brian felt as if he was going to be torn into two parts by his son and Sophia.

Finally, his son won. But Brian writhed in pain as his sons tight grip once again gave him massive pain. He helped and pleaded as his son played with him, the toddler tossing his father around violently and giggling throughout. For a few moments, Trenton even sucked on his father, subjecting him to the violent pressure that made his ears pop and his body fill with more pain than he could imagine. 

After half an hour of ‘playing’ Brian watched Kayla return. She plucked Brian from Trenton’s hand and lifted him to her face.

“K-Kayla I’m so sorry, I can fix this I promise, please!” Brian begged.

Kayla Smiled as she tossed him in her bag. Brian couldn’t move at all, the pain was far too great. He needed a doctor. The dizziness overwhelmed him as he passed out.

He awoke to a noise outside, actually, a lot of noises. Kids? Where were they? A bright light shined from above and the familiar hand of Kayla reached in and pulled him out. Brian once again yelped with pain as the hand pulled him skyward. After the hand stopped Brian looked around. There were drawings on the wall, a small bookshelf, a colored rug. The Day-care? Why were they at—

“Who wants the new toy” Kayla announced from above.

14 excited toddlers and kids rushed over and reaching up towards Brian. He screamed as loud as he could as the hand dangled him over the grubby hands that reached towards him.

“Hey, it’s just kids being kids” Kayla said with a smile. She dropped him.

Brian tumbled awkwardly for half a second before the mountain of hands got ahold of him and began tugging. In moments he was torn apart, his body being shared as a toy for the children.

Kayla later told the parents and staff that the kids had gotten into her red paint. She made sure to clean up the recognizable parts. For their own sake, the kids seemed to enjoy it. Kayla was particularly impressed with the creativity with which some of them played with Brians remains.

Kayla looked at Trenton. Regardless of how he bullied Sophia, he would also be without a dad. Good, she thought to herself. He never really deserved one. And plus, Sophia was once again safe from harm.