- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry about the delay, have been super busy. No juicy action in this one, but the next one will have plenty of it and will come out in the next few days. 

Victor was excited to begin his education towards becoming a hero. Like most other young children, he had dreamed of being like All Might, the number 1 hero. Unfortunately, those dreams were destroyed when him and his family realized that he was quirkless…or so they thought. Those dreams came right back to life as though they never died when Victor discovered his quirk. 

 

His first day at U.A was nerve-wracking. He didn’t know what to expect since he’d never been close friends with people who had quirks, only quirkless. Nonetheless, Victor sucked it up and entered into the classroom. He looked around the room and could see a bunch of other students chatting with each other and making all sorts of noise. Seemed like the class hadn’t started yet and everyone was just getting to know each other. Suddenly,

 

“Hey! You must’ve just walked in! I didn’t see you before, my name is Uraraka Ochaco. Nice to meet you!”

 

Victor was greeted by a quite bubbly and cute brunette. He stumbled over his words for a second before returning the greeting

 

“Hey, I’m Victor. Nice to meet you too.”

 

Victor replied. After a bit of an awkward silence, Uraraka followed up with, “Sooo…what’s your quirk? I bet it’s something super cool!” She said with genuine excitement and cheerfulness.

 

Victor paused because he wasn’t sure how he should describe his quirk. He didn’t want to immediately reveal any weaknesses or have anyone think it was lame. But he also couldn’t really think of a way to lie about it, so he answered

 

“Well, I can shrink down to about 1.5 inches. This lets me sneak around almost completely undetected. I can easily infiltrate any location and collect all kinds of information.”

 

He could see excitement growing in Uraraka’s eyes.

 

“SO COOL!” She shouted. “That’s awesome, you know I think your quirk would work really well with my own! I can make other people and things levitate. With your shrinking and my levitation, you could pretty much go anywhere.” 

 

Victor thought that he’d feel a bit strange about being completely under the control of her quirk while shrunk, but timidly agreed anyways. “Haha, yeah…sure”.

 

Just then, another student butted in

 

“Wait a second, did I just hear that you can shrink? I’ve never heard of a quirk like that.”

 

Victor turned to see who this other cheerful voice belonged to. It was none other than Mina Ashido. Victor took a second to absorb what he was seeing. Pink skin? Horns? Black sclera and yellow iris? He was taken aback at first, but then realized very quickly how cute she actually was and how nice of a body she had. 

 

“Yeah, that’s my quirk. Nice to meet you, I’m Victor.” He said.

 

Mina shook his hand vigorously, thinking that he looked pretty cute and wanted to get to know him more. Mina was a fan of romances and loved the thought of the mysterious new guy. 

 

“I’m Ashido Mina”, she said, “nice to meet you! My quirk is the ability to secrete acid from my pores, but I can control the solubility of it so I can make it harmless or pretty corrosive. I can also control the viscosity of it, making it either like water or like gelatin.”

 

In truth, Victor was kind of grossed out but replied cheerfully anyways, “Oh wow cool! Unfortunately I don’t think our quirks are compatible at all for co-op hahaha” Victor finished.

 

“Haha I guess not!” replied Mina. By now Victor had noticed a small crowd gathered around him. By now other students had heard of his shrinking quirk. One of the students who he’d later come to know as Yaoyorozu Momo commented “Wow, so it’s like the opposite of Mt. Lady”.

 

Victor knew of Mt. Lady very well because he had thought the same thing at one point, that his quirk is essentially an inverse of hers. That actually gave him an idea; what if she could help him to control his quirk? He pushed it out of his head rather quickly though as he figured she’d never take the time as she was a pro-hero and he was just a freshman student. Victor heard another student shout, “STUPID!! You’ll get crushed like a bug!”. This student he noticed had a mean looking face. It was Katsuki Bakugo of course, who else would be so forward about that weakness. He noticed another student seemingly daydreaming as a bit of drool hung from his mouth. Minoru Mineta was focused on the singular idea of being able to shrink down and peep at the girls without them noticing him. 

 

At this point, a man with long black hair and a rugged looking face walked in the room. “Alright alight everyone take a seat. I see you’ve all gone ahead and done your own introductions so that saves me some time. My name is Aizawa sensei, and I’ll be your primary instructor. Now, our first step as a class together is for me to get a better sense of all of your quirks. To that end, we’ll be heading outside right now so I can see them in action. Everyone, let’s go”

 

The class was shocked at how suddenly and fast things were moving, but regardless they left their stuff where it was and all proceeded to head out. Once outside, one by one each student demonstrated the bare minimum that their quirk could do until it got to Victor’s turn.

 

Victor knew this moment would come but was far too embarrassed to say anything until then. Victor had closed his eyes expecting his name to be called at any moment, but it never was. 

 

“Alright, that’s it everyone, let’s head on back inside.” Aizawa told the class. “Except you, student 21, Victor. Please come here”.

 

Victor was scared, was he about to be expelled? Did he do something wrong? He couldn’t stop pondering what he could have possibly messed up, he didn’t even get the chance to say that he couldn’t control his quirk. Aizawa had a clipboard with papers in his hand. When Victor stood before him, he turned to a different sheet and began speaking.

 

“Alright, so I’ve been warned that you are unable to control your shrinking quirk is that right? It’d be dangerous for you to be in that situation outside here and with all of the other students. Instead I’ve arranged a meeting with you and a student from class 1-H, Mei Hatsume. I believe she mentioned she could produce a solution for someone like you. Honestly this wasn’t my decision, but regardless, it’s a valid option. Please head to the department of support and she’ll be waiting for you. She’s been given a copy of your info sheet.”

 

Victor was completely surprised, but followed orders regardless and off he went to the support department. The moment he opened the door to the main department room he was immediately greeted by the incredibly assertive personality that is Mei.

 

“HEY YOU’RE FINALLY HERE! I’VE GOT THE PERFECT SOLUTION FOR YOU JUST YOU WAIT.” Mei was practically screaming right into his face, and Victor couldn’t help but notice how cute she was. 

 

“O-oh, thanks, I’m excited to see it” Victor replied meekly, being totally caught off guard by her personality.

 

“THIS IS MY LATEST, CUTEST, MOST FASHIONABLE BABY” Mei shouted, holding up a beige skin tight suit with various lines criss-crossing through it like some kind of circuit board. Mei explained, “I figured your quirk must work via some trigger to a chemical being released into your bloodstream which causes the shrinking. Unfortunately this doesn’t help you grow to normal size, but this suit which taps directly into the pores of your skin to deliver an electrical signal should allow you to shrink on command. It also dramatically increases the durability of your body by adding another chemical into the mix. With this your body will become pliable, almost like a doll so you don’t have to worry about getting crushed. TRY IT ON!!” Mei finished excitedly.

 

Victor loved the idea of being able to shrink on command and not have to worry about being crushed, but he was disappointed that he couldn’t grow on command. Without further ado, he put the suit on and came out from behind a curtain when he was ready. 

 

“Looks great!!” Mei exclaimed. “Now to test it! Just rub your hands together to start the reaction and you should shrink!”

 

“Well, here goes nothing” Victor said before rubbing his hands together. In a few seconds a very familiar feeling came over his body, and in an instant flash Victor was 1.5 inches tall.

 

“IT WORKED!!!” He heard Mei shout. At his size this was basically like hearing the roar of Godzilla, but still tolerable. He did feel the difference in his body in regards to the durability. It was as though he just felt completely tough. Mei proceeded to crouch down right next to him, holding a sheet a paper that looked very similar to the one Aizawa had.

 

“Ok lets see here, this form that your parents filled out when they enrolled you contains all information the school needs to know about your quirk. So we’ve covered the weakness of inability to control shrinking, the bodily weakness when shrunken, we’ll figure out regrowth later, so that just leaves one last weakness.” Mei paused for a moment looking incredulously at the paper before finishing her sentence “…women’s foot odor?” Mei said confused.

 

Victor immediately grew incredibly embarrassed. He had no idea his mother filled out some form like that, and worse of all she put that stupid weakness on there. Why would she bother? He had no intention of spending anytime near feet, let alone smelling them.

 

Mei looked at Victor for a moment, then back at the paper, then back at Victor, then back at the paper, before shrugging and saying “Well, alright, guess we have to test it.”

 

Mei dropped from her crouching position to sitting with her legs stretched out in front of her. They extended past Victor on either side to where he was standing in between her legs in line with her calves. Mei grabbed one leg and pulled it towards her and began tugging at one of her thick boots. Victor immediately realized what she meant by “test it” and tried to shout up at her

 

“MEI!!! PLEASE NO! I PROMISE IT’S FINE, THERE’S NO NEED TO TEST IT.” Even though Mei could hear him, once curiosity got the best of her there was no way to stop her. She needed to see this for herself now. 

 

"I'm probably the best person to test this weakness. Can't say I have a good habit of washing my feet" Mei said plainly.