- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A request

Author's Chapter Notes:

Short one to create the setting

Victor was a late bloomer. While most kids discover their quirk around the age of 4, Victor believed he was quirkless until about age 12 when he suddenly shrunk down to about 1.5 inches in his own home.  Victor had no idea what to do and no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t re-activate his quirk to return to normal size. Victor’s family was also quite shocked considering that quirks are for the most part hereditary and neither of his parents had quirks so this must’ve been a brand new quirk mutation. This was exceedingly rare in a world where over 80% of the population was born with quirks. 

 

Victor’s parents saw the usefulness in a quirk that allowed one to shrink as it could be invaluable for reconnaissance type work as well as being able to infiltrate enemy encampments. Victor himself had always wanted to be a hero, and this was finally his shot. There was only one problem; Victor couldn’t control his quirk. Additionally, he was extremely vulnerable during the period of time that he was shrunk as his body provided no protection from the world around him. To put it simply, he could easily die by getting crushed. This caused Victor’s family to become extra protective of him. He would shrink at completely random times regardless of where he was and would either have to wait it out or if it happened in his own home his mother knew to step extra carefully if he suddenly went missing.

 

Over time Victor got used to the random shrinking and wasn’t scared by it at all. He knew the exact protocols to perform and simply waited until he grew back. There was one thing however that he could never get used to. Foot odor. You see, one fateful day Victor randomly shrunk when he was on his way out of his home and he was standing near the door where his family leaves their shoes. As he shrank he accidentally went hurdling towards his mother’s discarded loafers. Victor quickly discovered that foot odor was a major weakness of his, as the strong odor quickly weakened his body so much that he couldn’t jump or climb out of the loafer. The more he tried the more he felt his body growing exhausted, as though the pungent cheesy odor were a thick miasma quickly poisoning his lungs, trying to keep him prisoner in its ever present glory. Eventually Victor tired himself out and simply collapsed on the shoe floor, letting the stinky moist air engulf him until someone found him. 

 

It was a full hour for Victor of delirium inhaling the heavy odor of his mother’s loafer until finally he heard someone walking towards him. The ground shook harder as each step got closer until finally through his half shut eyes he could see a figure standing at the entrance of the shoe. It was his mother, and she was about to slip her foot into the shoe. Victor saw her massive sole rapidly approaching the shoe, sealing away all light, threatening to further seal him into this unescapable prison of feet. On a whim, his mother happened to glance down and luckily spotted Victor before inserting her shoe, but not before Victor got a good whiff of what it might be like if she had actually gone through with it. It was then he realized that at his size the lingering odor left in a shoe was something nearly impossible to contend with, but the real thing was on a whole other level, and he praised the heavens he didn’t have to go through with dealing with it. At that point Victor’s mother quickly released him from the shoe and allowed him to recover. He explained to her what had happened, and that the odor made his body strangely weak and unable to escape. Victor’s mother was at first thoroughly embarrassed by what had happened, but eventually realized that this was another weakness brought on by this quirk. She wanted nothing but for Victor to be an excellent hero, and so she mentally began to believe that this was a weakness he needed to overcome. 

 

For another two years Victor could not figure out how to control his quirk. It happened spontaneously, and he couldn’t figure out how to grow back either, although he noticed that he was more likely to grow back to normal whenever he slept for a full 8 hours undisturbed. Regardless, Victor’s parents felt that his quirk could prove to be one of the best out there, and proceeded to enroll him in U.A. High School where he would go on to be selected to join class 1-A and work to overcome the weaknesses of his quirk. As it turns out, some weaknesses are easier to overcome than others.