- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I said a few days but I felt inspired. This chapter will kick off some context for Victor's adventures to come. 

Victor heard the worst sound he could have heard in that moment. A combination between *slurrppp* and *whooosh*, the sound of Mei removing her boot. She proceeded to drop it behind Victor, and then did the same with the other. Unintentionally she placed the openings of both boots facing Victor such that when he turned around to run all he could see was the gaping maws of her boots with nearly visible foot sweat based mist leaking out. When he turned back around he saw an even more terrifying sight. Mei had planted both of her feet soles down, she was hugging her knees while smiling. Victor could tell that her smile was not one that contained any shred of malevolence. No, this was a smile of pure scientific curiosity. To her, Victor was the most amusing experiment she’d come across in a long time, and the only way that that thirst would be quenched would be by sniffing her feet until she determined the test to be over. Victor could see the tops of her feet and toes. Her toes sported perfectly pedicured toe nails painted the same pink color as her hair. Despite the relatively pretty appearance of her feet, Victor could tell just by looking at them that the odor would be a lot worse. They looked lightly inflamed and reddish around the sides where the top became the sole. Just then Victor was attacked by the thing he feared most about the situation, her foot odor. The heat wave hit him like a freight train as the odor seemingly rushed into his noise as though magnetized to the inside of his nostrils. It was a thick cheesy odor that was so obviously foot odor, and the air itself was moist with the unrealistic perspiration of her feet. Victor immediately felt the same feeling that he felt back then in his mother’s shoe; utter weakness and immobility. He tried to take a few steps backward but that just led him to feeling the same heat and odor before him push against his back, the source of which was her freshly removed boots. He felt trapped, surrounded on all sides by Mei’s horrendous thick foot odor. Victor was brought to his knees very quickly and tried to cover his nose with his hand. This didn’t really help much as the odor penetrated through very easily. Victor looked forward again in an attempt to yell to Mei that it was too much, but what he saw was even worse than before. She had raised her toes and Victor could see a disgustingly moist cave under her toes whose walls were made of her spongey, puffy, fetid foot flesh. She continued to raise her toes until her feet were raising as well. Victor stared on in horror as he could now begin to see the full length of her soles which were nearly 10x his size. There was visible sweat on their surface and her soles seemed to be voluptuous in their appearance, if you could even describe soles that way. Very meaty at the ball of her foot, perfectly flowing into a thinner arch and finally a flawless heel. Victor couldn’t see anything that signified that she didn’t take care of her feet considering how well moisturized they looked. Victor however didn’t realize that they were only that way due to how much sweat her feet secreted while trapped in those boots. Of course her feet were properly moisturized. Unfortunately the excess sweat was a perfect breeding ground for the development of foot odor and the accumulation of dead skin in between and around the toes which Victor also noticed. This took the form of various black specks that looked squishy in nature, and Victor wanted to stay as far way from as possible. Unfortunately, fate would not be so kind.

 

Mei looked on as she saw Victor down on one knee, figuring the odor must really be having an effect. “Sorry Victor! But believe me this will help in the long run! If we can figure out why your weak to foot odor maybe we can come up with a cure!” Mei yelled down to Victor. Unfortunately he was too weak to pay mind to it and dropped down a second knee, now seemingly bowing down. The worse part of it all was that she thought she was helping him, and maybe she really was. How could he be mad at her for that, he thought. That ability to sympathize with her was cut very short as he could FEEL the heat and humidity approach him rapidly. He barely had time to look up before being impacted head on by Mei’s giant sweaty, stinky foot. She wasted no time in moving forward with her test, and proceeded to mash him under her right foot right under the ball. She rubbed her foot back and forth on top of his body feeling the hardness of his body press into her spongey sole and using that depression in her sole as a way to determine how hard she was pressing down. She made sure not to press so hard that he couldn’t breath, but hard enough that he was thoroughly encompassed by her foot odor. She finally lifter her right foot slightly allowing light to creep in under her foot, giving Victor a view of the massive hot red meaty sole above him that was joined by her left foot, creating a sky of foot flesh against which he had no ability to fight. They dropped down slightly on top of him once again. Not enough to mash him into the ground, but enough where most of his body was in contact with foot flesh and his head was just slightly above the ball of her foot, his nose being forced to suck in all of the air trapped under her toes that were so perfectly shaped that they didn’t have much of a gap between them. Victor was inhaling pure foot vapor at this point and he’d never felt worse in his life. His body felt almost completely numb at this point, and he had no idea when this would end.

 

After about a minute of this, Mei removed her soles and began to observe Victor. She noticed that his eyes were open but he was completely still, breathing deeply as though he’d just finished running a marathon, but his face looked as though he’d just seen a ghost. She began writing down various notes about his current condition.

 

“Hmm, he seems to be rendered immobile by the odor yet does not lose consciousness. This is a major weakness as it is a relatively simple yet effective weapon that can be used against him. I’d like to test if it’s possible for him to build a resistance to it.” Mei spoke softly to herself as she thought aloud. Finally she spoke down to Victor,

 

“Victor! I’m going to test your durability now too, and to kill two birds with one stone I’m going to test if you can actually build up a tolerance to the odor. Don’t worry I promise it’ll be over quick. Just 10 minutes, and I’ll also be able to detect your vitals through the suit from the outside.”

 

Although Victor was pretty much totally incapacitated, he was able to think and hear pretty clearly. “the outside? What is she talking about? Outside of what?” Victor thought. Just then he saw Mei’s hand approach him rather quickly and pick him up by the suit from the center of his back. “Now remember Victor, in order for me to get good reads, I need you to relax and just take deep breaths. It’ll be over soon, and you’ll be much stronger!!”

 

Victor still hadn’t the slightest clue what she was talking about. That is, until he looked down. Mei had moved one of her boots to an upright position and was hanging Victor over it. 

 

“NO NO NO MEI NO PLEASE I’M BEGGING YOU!! ANYTHING BUT THAT! ANY TEST BUT THAT!”

 

Mei didn’t really hear Victor who’s voice was drowned out by her intense focus on her own thoughts. She of course had no idea how bad it really was, so figured to him the odor was just a slight discomfort, not the overwhelming pungent cheesy offensive odor that it actually was. And with that, she dropped him in. She knew the suit would protect him from falling as well, so she didn’t worry about it. And if that wasn’t enough, the inside of her boots were lined with soft fur. Victor felt like he’d just been dropped into a steaming cauldron. The heat wasn’t painful, but it was very hot and the odor had seemingly doubled. It was like her foot odor was denser than normal air and simply hung inside the boot forever. He could have sworn that each time he passed his hand through the air, foot sweat condensed onto his arm and fingers. Victor felt utterly disgusting and slick with foot sweat. On the other hand, he noticed some interesting. He could actually walk again. Is it possible that Mei was onto something with this tolerance? But then why didn’t he become tolerant when he was trapped in his mother’s shoe? All of these questions Victor feared would just lead to more foot based testing; the last thing he wanted. The odor was like a poisonous gas that he couldn’t get used to. Whenever he felt like he was getting used to the oppressive cheesiness, it seemed to morph into a somewhat more acidic odor or vinegary, and when he got used to that it returned to being a sickening cheesy odor, much closer to classic foot odor but with a feminine twist. All of a sudden the only light source was sealed off as Mei began to insert her foot. Victor had to think quickly. He figured the best place for him would be under the arch where he wouldn’t be forced to experience the brunt of her foot. Although that would defeat the purpose of her desire to test his durability. Unfortunately for Victor, Mei had other plans. She stuffed her sweaty foot into that rainforest of a boot she called footwear and in the process deliberately searched for Victor using her toes until she managed to snag him head on. Victor got a face full of nasty toe pit flesh, causing one of those pieces of grime he saw earlier to get stuck to his face, partially covering his mouth. Victor could’ve easily thrown up at this point but figured that would just make the situation worse. Mei released his head from between her toes before she finished inserting it in order to position Victor such that his body was almost completely engulfed by her meaty sole. At this point she stood up straight and began to put some pressure on the foot that he was under. 

 

Again, Mei harbored no ill intentions and was monitoring his pain levels and vitals the whole time to make sure he wasn’t suffering. Of course she had no idea just how bad her foot odor was and was actually the majority of his suffering. Nonetheless, just like she expected his body was able to withstand the pressure completely.

 

Victor now consumed in a world of Mei’s foot odor and foot flesh, lubricated by her foot sweat and tainted by her foot grime, no longer cared whether or not the test would help him, he just wanted to get out. He still couldn’t hate Mei, but he definitely began to hate her passion for her inventions. It was her obsession with making the suit better that drove her to run these tests, and Victor could not possibly care less at this point. When the pressure began to rise Victor was surprised to notice that he wasn’t in pain, nor did he feel like he was being crushed. He simply felt like there was a lot of pressure on his body, and his immobility began to return. In fact, it was coming back in full force. He felt like when he was in his mother’s loafer again. Immensely weak and barely able to speak now. The pressure was flattening his body out a bit, and the sweat began to seep into his mouth no matter how tightly he closed it. He grew even more disgusted at the situation now that there was no escape from it. He was forced to taste her salty cheesy soles and the odor continued to be magnetized into his nostrils, and with each inhale he could hear Mei’s instructions “relax and take deep breaths.” How could anyone relax and take deep breaths under this circumstance? He thought. It was now minute 8 of the test and Victor wasn’t getting any better. He felt like he was about to lose consciousness, and he had no idea how much time had actually passed. It felt like hours to him. At minute 9, Victor finally passed out and Mei could tell from the brain wave scans she had in the readings from the suit. 

 

Victor eventually awoke in the infirmary to the smiling face of an old woman who he’d later come to know as “Recovery Girl.”