- Text Size +

The sound of glass colliding against plastic assailed my ears the glass was dropped down on me.  And I gave thanks to the fact that wine glasses had those slightly uplifted bottoms.  I was trapped but alive.  


The problem now was how to get out of this.  I could hear Melanie and Brenda chatting away, voices muffled from prison.  The best thing was to probably play dead until someone took the glass and then figure out what to do from there.  Except damn was it hot.  I didn't even have a breeze down here.


The chatter outside continued followed by a third voice announcing Lucy's return.  I continued to listen to the random chatter about their lives, kids, husbands, and what was on TV.  Sometimes someone left the table to do stuff and would return. Apparently Melanie had forgotten about her drink as it just sat above me, unused.  Finally after laying there listening to them for what felt like over an hour the heat and exhaustion got to me and I think I dozed off.  


I'm not sure if I fell fully asleep or was in that sort of half asleep, half awake state but I was awoken completely by the feeling of something squeezing me.  I didn't have any time to figure out what was happening before I felt myself falling into what looked like a dark hole with a large number of dimly lit objects inside.  Fortunately the fall wasn't far until I landed on something hard and slightly bigger than I was before rolling off of it and against something similar.  Whatever they were they seemed to be white although I only got a brief glimpse before I found myself completely encased in darkness with the sound of something grinding above me.  


This was followed by the feeling of descending quickly before whatever I was trapped in leaned a bit before settling.  My prison shook slightly as it felt like something bumped it before everything became silent and motionless.  I waited a bit longer to see if anything would happen but eventually all I heard were faint sounds in the distance.


What the hell had just happened and where was I?  Feeling around I could feel the round objects, more ovals really now that I had a chance to really feel them.  All uniform.  The edge of my prison seemed to be made of some sort of plastic.  Even more concerning was that I'd been dropped in here.  There was no way this was an accident.  Someone must've lifted the glass and recognized me or at least what I was.  But who?  And what did they intend?


I think two hours passed give or take a few minutes.   It's hard to tell time from in a dark silent room.  The ground started shaking and I fell over, grunting in pain as one of the what I assumed were some sort of pill struck my injured arm.  As everything around me shook I slid further down as more pills slammed into the first, burying me under them.  


I felt a familiar vibration and heard a roar that sounded similar but not quite the same as I heard from Sam's car.  Which further confirmed my problem.  I was going somewhere and it wasn't with Samantha.  I quickly ceased trying to struggle free of the pills realizing it didn't matter anyways.  I still couldn't get out of here without my captors aid and the weight of the pills was just too much to shift off of myself anyways.  The drive took maybe half an hour before I heard the engine to the vehicle cut off.  I then felt myself rising again and the rolling gait that I'd come to recognize of a walking giant.  


The relatively slow movement became rapid movement as prison started rapidly rising.  I heard the grinding sound that I recognized as the cap being removed and as light hit me, I confirmed the fact that I was nestled among a bunch of pills and presumably in a pill bottle of some sort.  I tried to see who had me but between adjusting to the light and their rapid movement I didn't see more than a blur before a massive finger started digging down into the pills, clearly seeking me out.  


A massive female finger now that I could see it.  I tried avoiding it but really there was no chance as it casually knocked aside objects that I'd need most of my strength just to push to the side.  As the finger brushed against me, whomever was outside clearly realized what she had found as the finger started pressing harder, pushing me painfully against the wall, clearly unaware of just how much strength she was exerting as her finger dragged me up the wall of the bottle and then through the top.  


I got a brief glimpse of white cloth before another finger came down pressing me between it and the first finger.  Sealed between them, I couldn't move or resist in any way as water started enveloping me.  As suddenly as I was dunked in it, I was pulled out, coughing, only to find myself looking up at a what opening that a wave of blue came pouring out of me, covering me in the scent of soap as the fingers continued to batter me, clearly trying to clean the dried up frosting off of me before dunking me in the water once more.   This second time I was better prepared and managed catch a breath before being sent under and then brought back up.
From there I was lifted into the air once more while continuing to be brutally squeezed between the fingers as my captor started marching to her next location.  Which as I found myself dropped a few feet from my perspective as the fingers loosened their grip on me, was a wooden light brown surface of a table.  I looked up and finally got a glimpse of my captor.


Melanie's face filled the sky, one of her brown eyes mere feet above me, clearly fixated on me.  "Do you understand me?  Speak English?"  I nodded rapidly as I knew she wouldn't be able to hear me.  I'd done this routine before.  Next would be getting her to understand my pantomimes.  Then we could communicate, I could get across that I was Brenda's brother, and then this ordeal would be over.  


"Well that's a relief.  My next question would be what the hell you were doing in my mouth but you know what?  It doesn't matter."  I'm not sure if Melanie saw my confused reaction or was just continuing her thought, but either way my question was answered with her next words.  "Since you know English that means you can follow orders."  


I jumped back as a massive finger slammed into the table beside me.  "Rules are simple.  Do what I say and I'll reward you.  Or at least not squash you.  Disobey and I'll punish you.  Annoy me enough and you'll get a first hand experience of what happens to ants that I find crawling around my food."