- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I woke up to light shining into my little domicile.  Getting up I did some quick stretches before looking out the clear plastic walls at everything in the distance.  Sam's bed was still neatly made, showing no signs of anyone having slept in it.  These last four days had been especially boring for me.  Samantha had a friend from out of state visiting and I'd barely seen her at all.  Combined with the fact that we hadn't decided if she should know about my existence and that she was here at Sam's place meant that Sam had been spending almost all her waking hours with her.  


A bit over six months now.  Over half a year since that strange light had reduced me to the size of a bug.  Since I'd almost died multiple times.  A half year of safety and recovery.  I still sometimes had nightmares of those days but they were infrequent now.  Now the biggest threat I faced was boredom.  Sam was extremely cautious so nothing had come close to threatening me since she'd found me.  Looking up was further proof of this.  My room so to speak was a plastic container for holding cards.  She always made sure to put the lid on each night to be sure nothing could crawl into it while she slept.  Six months and she hadn't forgotten once.  


I figured I'd see her soon.  Jim was having a party today and she wanted to arrive early and introduce everyone.  I would be staying here today as there were going to be a number of people who didn't know about me at the party not to mention that Sam's friend would also be going.  


A regular thumping sound that was getting closer told me that my wait was over, I watched as the door to the room opened which was followed shortly by my titaness keeper herself.  As I looked I realized she'd gotten up even earlier than I expected.  Her blond hair flowed down her back, still wet, I assumed from the shower she'd just completed.  A bright yellow towel with green flowers was wrapped around her form as she advanced towards me.  


Five massive fair skinned digits, each almost a tower in it's own right wrapped around my little home, causing it to shake as they pulled the ceiling off.  Looking up I could see Samantha's face smiling down at me, two blue orbs squinting as she focused on where I was standing.   I waved up to her in greeting.  I did wonder sometimes how much of my movements she could actually see when she wasn't leaning in so close as to have her eye fill my sky. After all look at an ant and see how much of it's little motions you notice when standing up from a distance from it.  
Her fingers reached down once more and wrapped around the bottlecap that served as an improvised toilet of sorts.  She and Alice had done a lot of experimenting with cutting and taping and whatnot until they'd finally gotten something kind of viable put together.  It was still kind of hard to actually use as it felt like I was a small child trying to climb onto an adult's seat but it worked.  This was followed by pulling out other bits of my "furniture" including my bath and a few other things.  She then replaced my water from last night with fresh water and put what to her was a tiny shred of grape and egg but to me a veritable feast on the bright orange plastic circle I used as a table.  


I nibbled a bit on the egg as I watched her bound away over to her bed.  As the towel went falling to the ground I got a good look at her form.  Pale skinned, slightly chubby but not overly so.  Breasts that would've been large even if I'd been normal sized but at this size were veritable mountains.  I remember when we used to blush when she forgot I was in the room and started changing out of habit.  Slowly we'd gotten over that and now she was rather indifferent about it all.    I turned away after awhile.  While I considered her beautiful, it also reminded me that it could never be.  My attraction was clearly one way.  She considered me a friend but not something more than that.  How could she under the circumstances.  Plus she'd been dating during this period.  She was currently single but it had only been a month since then.  I didn't know the specifics behind the break up but apparently it involved another woman.  Whomever he was, he was an idiot.  Sam had spent almost two weeks inconsolable and even now she sometimes got despressed about it.  Luckily today was not one of those days.  


Finally I heard a somewhat heavier thumping coming back towards me.  Looking I could see Sam had already dressed for the party.  A black T-shirt with the Batman logo.  It descended down into dark blue jeans and from there black tennis shoes.  Reaching down into my home once more to return my toilet as well as my bath, Sam gave me a slight smile.  "Sorry, I wish you could come along.  I promise we'll try and do something after Jessica returns home.  I know it's been boring trapped here for most of a week.  Just two more days okay?"  


I didn't really get a chance to respond as she turned away right after speaking and wandered out of the room.  I looked over at the clock beside me and realized it was just barely after 7AM. Today really was going to be a long day.  Hell, Sam had even forgotten to turn on the TV so I didn't have that to entertain me.  


I did some exercises followed by nibbling a bit more on the food that she'd left.  I then tried losing myself in my imagination but I just wasn't able to focus.   It was around nine when I climbed into my bath and relaxed.  The water was only lukewarm but later today it'd be sweltering and I figured I might as well enjoy it while it was cool.  It was earlier than I usually took it, but really in the grand scheme of things what did it matter when I did and didn't take a bath right?


As I relaxed a loud fast thumping echoed down the hall going past Sam's room.  Odd.  Sam had already gone to Jim's right?  Her mom maybe?  More racket in the distance and then suddenly a loud banging sound that came from Sam's doorway.  Startled I looked over and saw someone I'd never seen before.  She was slightly shorter than Sam with long straight brown hair cascading down her back.  A black and white striped tanktop gave me a very clear view of her chest, which was almost but not quite as well endowed as Sam's, like Sam leaning a bit on the chubby side, perhaps a bit more so than Sam herself.   Black jeans and tennis shoes that matched Sam's rounded out her outfit.  Who was she and why was she in Sam's room?  


"She's got to have something I can use.  I can't believe I broke my box.  I'll give it back after the party."  What was she talking about?  I watched as she dug around under Sam's bed, pulling out a box that I recognized as Settlers of Catan.  She quickly shoved it back under the bed before standing up and looking around more.  Clearly whatever box she needed was not that.  


"Oh!"  Her voice rumbled over my home as she came walking over towards me.  Had she some how seen me?  A giant pale hand came down, wrapping around my demense and lifting it, and myself into the sky.  My world tilted rapidly and I came falling out of my tub water and all as everything came sliding into the wall that was now my new floor.  


Everything started tilting again and I instictively grasped for anything I could as I slid down the wall, coming to a stop as my hand snatched onto a small crack in the plastic.  I looked down as the furniture fell out of the container and onto a fluffy pink floor that I realized was the quilt to Sam's bed.  As the container returned to it's original orientation and I found myself sliding back to the bottom I wondered if perhaps it would've been better to have fallen out.  


A shadow covered me and I looked up to see a giant white object come descending down towards me.  Running away from it, I watched as it reached the bottom of the container before seeing that it was a tissue, probably from the same box we made my clothes out of.  Except that my mysterious invader was wiping out my room with it, and as I watched it started sliding towards me.  

I never had a chance.  I even as I started running it slammed into me and I was swept along with it as the girl ran it across the floor and walls.  As I attempted to extract myself it started rising up into the sky and I found myself holding on desperately instead.  I watched as a monstrous pinkish white finger came wrapping itself around the tissue near where I was holding on a bit to my left.  Then I saw another one wrap around it to my right.  Just moments later a wall of white enveloped me as the woman crumpled up the tissue in her hand, trapping me inside of it.  


I then felt it descending rapidly before it was pressed against something.  Had she thrown me away?  She hadn't really moved so was I in the trash can near the desk?  A rocking motion told me that fortunately was not the case and I seeing how much darker it was I figured odds were that she'd stuffed the tissue in her pocket.  Which still left the question of what the hell was happening.


I felt the motion of her going down the stairs before hearing the door open and feeling a very sudden rise in temperature.  We were outside now apparently.  Some more movement that was hard to place until I felt her settling down and heard the sound of a door slamming shut.


"You find your deck Jess?"   That was Sam's voice!  "Yeah, sorry to have you come back here so I could grab it.  I didn't realized I'd left it here."  And that was the voice of the mystery girl.  So she must be Sam's out of state friend.  And deck?  Shit, she was looking for a deck box.  Which was exactly what Sam used as my home.  No wonder she'd grabbed it.  


As I heard the roar of the engine to Sam's car and felt the vibrations of it moving I knew that once again the universe was messing with me.  Yet again I was trapped in a dangerous situation with titans capable of crushing me without a thought.  I had to once more get someone's attention, to get me to Sam.  It was my only hope to survive.