- Text Size +

“Are you telling me that the two giants who call themselves ‘the Goddesses’ are splitting?” the General asked the two survivors.

            “How did you miss it?” Tom asked. “They were only five miles to the east. One went north, and the other went south. You should be lucky that neither one went this way.”

            “Alright, we’ll launch an offensive,” the General said. “The President issued orders to every general to attack when the first opportunity arose. When was this?”

            “It was about 15 minutes ago,” Tom said. “It would have been sooner, but the security here is a pain in the ass.”

            “Sorry, but it is protocol,” said the General. “We will send our best equipment and our best men.”

            At this moment, Emily was attacking a town that, fortunately, had already been evacuated. This didn’t matter to her, but it was a stroke of good luck for the Air Force. Houses were replaceable and, after this, there would be a lot more standing if all went well.

            It took the people of the base about 20 minutes to get ready. There was no time to waste. Many lives were depending on this mission.

            It took the planes about 15 minutes more to reach Emily. When she heard, she thought she knew what to do. The problem was that they were flying too high for her. They were actually using high flying jets this time. She now had one option: run.

            For being 100 feet tall, she could move quite nimbly. She ran through the town with no concern except for herself. She tried throwing houses at the planes, but she couldn’t see them at that height, giving her a bad aim. Two planes were lost to this, however.

            Now was the time to drop the artillery. They dropped some of their most powerful bombs in her area, which, given the flying houses, was easy to spot. They brought all conceivable artillery short of the atomic bomb. Most of this firepower did hit the intended target. The final blow came about 20 minutes after the battle had begun. When the houses stopped flying, one plane dared go down for a closer look. Five words only needed to come through the air:

            “One down, one to go.”

             With these magic words, all planes did an about face and started the trip north, toward Lisa and toward the biggest fury they would ever encounter.