- Text Size +

I fell back at the horrible sound of metal crumpling.  The giant blue building that had towered as much as a mile above me made a racket that filled my ears as an even more massive field of white came donw upon it, flattening it into the cement.  Streams of brown liquid poured out of it, splashing along the ground and staining the white wall.


"Yuck!"  I looked up from the monstrous white building from which rose a peach and cream tower of flesh that extended miles into the sky until it hid beneath a billowing curtain of blue and yellow.  It was impossible to imagine a creature so huge if I hadn't been staring up at it.  Well her.  That roar in the sky was very female.  
"What is it Ash?"  I watched as another white object came crashing down adjacent to the first one.  But this time the tower of flesh that rose from it was a deep brown color although it also rose into a blue and yellow covering that matched that of the first.  


"Someone left their soda out and I stepped on it."  The first voice, presumably the Ash the other person was talking to.   Which made me realize I was looking up at Ashley.  I didn't know her at all really.  She shared 3rd period with me.  The blue and yellow must be her cheerleading skirt.  I'd seen her wear it a few times during class.   

I started jumping up and down and waving at her.  "Ashley!  It's Julian!"   I shouted up at her.  She had to be looking down at the can right?  So maye she'd see me.  I'd shrunk during lunch break while walking to the bathroom.  It was probably sheer luck that I'd woken up at the collar of my shirt so I didn't have to get out from under my own clothes.  The problem being that I was really damned small.  I saw an ant bigger than me as I worked my way back to where I had been eating.  Now here I was, but how could I make myself noticed?  


"Oh well.  We're going to be late."   At these words Ashley's shoe rose up and forward and I watched as it crashed into the ground in the distance.  As she continued to walk away, I started running towards the can that had been my Pepsi and the other pair of legs that hadn't started moving.


"Alright.  Still I don't want to leave this mess here."  I watched as a set of massive brown fingers, each the size of a small building came down towrds the remnants of the can.  Breathing hard I shouted up at the girl in front of me, attempting to get her atttention where I'd failed with Ashley.  As the fingers wrapped around the can I leaped forward, slamming my body against one of them.  


As I did I felt myself stick against something followed by the sudden sensation of rising into the sky.  My first instinct was to tug against whatever was holding me but as I looked down as the air battered against me I realized I'd already gone up and past this woman's knee.  Falling now would almost certainly be fatal.  The faint smell of soda hit my nose and I realized that when she picked up the can, my unaware captor had probably spilled some on her fingers.  I was probably sticking to that now.  


As we started moving forward I found myself staring down at a massive well toned leg.  Clearly she was in excellent shape.  I only had a few seconds to think of this before suddenly I found myself being thrust forward to stare down a yawning pit.  The blue structure of my soda can went falling down it, bouncing against the edge of the trashcan.  A glob of black liquid splashed onto me, causing me to caugh before I the air was blowing against me once again.  I wasn't given any time before I found myself being dragged along the blue cloth of the cheerleader's skirt.  I screamed in pain as the the force of her finger pressed my left leg between it and the skirt.  The pressure increased and I heard a cracking sound as another lance of intense pain shot up my leg.  


The finger suddenly started rising up I and as my vision started clearing from the pain I realized I was staring into a giant brown eye.  In fact it was squinting at me.  She'd seen me!  Despite it all I was going to be saved!  


"Fuck.  Not just soda, but an ant too?"  Her face started receding as she took her hand away but I could see the look of disgust on her lips, her nose twitching in annoyance.  A shadow rose over me and I could do nothing but stare as vicious wall of brown came slamming into me.  My ribs creaked in protess as the pressure kept increasing.   I heard another cracking sound, and coughed up blood.  Then I was pressed against the blue field once more and as I was drug along it, this time I came stuck to it.  Things were getting darker and I actually almost couldn't feel anything anymore.  I could barely move my head.  But when I did I saw a mushy paste where my legs should've been.  Somehow I thought this should worry me, but mostly I wanted to just sleep.  


As my vision started fading out I heard Ashley's voice faintly in the distance.  "What took you so long Shannon?"  "Sorry Ash, just throwing that can away.  I don't like litter. It was already attracting ants in fact.  Had to squash one."  These were the last things I heard as I fell into darkness.