- Text Size +

 


 

 

 

- In the present, main port of the "Island of the Goddess"

 


The ferry baptized (only by Lucy, but they would soon be in agreement!) as "Transfer-Journalists" arrived at port without difficulties, something that all journalists on board thanked. Many began to comment on the incredible honor that supposed to be the first foreigners to arrive in lands... holy? Sacred? things? Lucy didnt know with what adjective to stay.


The horde of reporters fully prepared with microphones, cameramen, live connections, phones and tablets with open twitter and facebook, crowded next to the ship's exit staircase looking at the huge black metal doors that blocked the inside view of the island.

Each door is at least 50 feet high and at least 35 feet wide, creating an incredible and impenetrable barrier of 70 feet in width. Small buildings surrounded the harbor, forming a small neighborhood around a 10-foot white marble statue of a woman in a tunic.


A phrase recorded in gold or some similar mineral served as a warning for each of the journalists.

Dea cure future nostro,

ut mark suis potissimum vestigiis insistere current bona vota tua

 


"That seems Latin or Greek, dont you think?" Lucy rubbed shoulders with the reporter at her side, seeking complicity accompanied by a smile. Everything she found was a look of displeasure when she read the name on the identifier. "Ehh! That's bad education-" The journalist walked away muttering expletives. "Well Lucy... another possible friend that ends in failure... I think I've done well!"


A siren began to sound throughout the ship with a voice directly through the megaphones. "To all the candidate interviewers, you alone should get off the ferry and walk to the square.

I repeat so that everyone is clear: Only you, without cameramen or assistants. Anyone who breaks this rule or tries to get away from the road to the Varenoica square will be reported back to the ship and their means of communication will be vetoed"

 

One of the guards aboard the ship approached the exit staircase, removing the security fence and quickly moving away to avoid the avalanche of journalists who left behind his entire team... abandoned.

The avalanche of people also succeeded in tearing down Lucy, who was mercilessly trampled. "Auuuu auuuu! Enough!" Lucy tried to stand up, hurt and angry until she realized that her ID and tape recorder had disappeared. "No... no no no! I accept a bit of bad luck, but not this!" Lucy cried aloud as several cameramen came to help her search.


"Miss, is something happening?" The guard in charge of opening the ship's stairway approached Lucy, who was about to start crying.


"My research team! My identification! My things!... they have taken it from me... they are beasts! Beasts I tell you!" Lucy tried to endure the crying, which she had not needed to do since her early childhood when her older brothers took their toys.


The guard looked at the cameramen, only receiving negatives. "...what's your name, miss?"


Lucy took a deep breath, her eyes tight. "Lucy Crews, I represent Alabama Spirit... they have taken my data a while ago..."


The guard searched his pockets, taking out a small foreign device for everyone present in the form of a wallet. "Lucy Crews... Okay, I have you on the list, Miss Crews, I'm very sorry for what happened... They didnt expect you to run away so quickly, if you accept my apologies, I can ask my colleagues to escort her directly to the square and confirm your identity"


Lucy looked into the pale blue eyes of the guard. He didnt seem too old, like a lot of 30 years staying in good shape. "It wasnt your fault, sir, I've been in this... industry for many, many years, it wasnt the first and last time I was knocked down.

I've been in this industry for more than 10 years, starting as an intern / assistant at the age of 19... these people change completely when their journalists' nose lights their ego" Lucy stood up, fixing her clothes.


"The outside of the world was just like the goddess said... but all they pride will not get then anywhere" The guard shrugged as he touched the touch screen of his device. "More than 90% of them are going to have to come again in a few minutes"


"Eh?" And all the seriousness that Lucy was carrying turned into pure innocence, looking at the guard who couldnt help smiling.


"I have no idea that external diseases or bacteria carried through human contact, that is the work of the foreign affairs team, but if I know the list of prohibited foods and the vast majority of them have violated that list" Lucy began to look at the guard with little eyes of puppies. "I got it, I got it... you Miss Lucy hasnt consumed any external fish or pasta, so you're saved from that part"


"Yes, my super burger diet has worked!" Lucy could not be happier to take 4 months without even cooking. "Then can I go now?"


The guard nodded, patting Lucy on the back before leaving. Compared to the vast majority of journalists he had had the "pleasure" of interviewing, Lucy was refreshingly positive."I hope she doesnt commit any idiocy, I wouldnt want to send his dead body back to America"

 

 

 


 

 

- Frontier Square:


When Lucy came running (almost out of breath) what she found was extremely comforting. Almost 130 journalists shouting and asking for explanations from the guards, all shouting expletives and threatening denunciations and legal actions.

A beautiful scene that didnt intimidate Lucy on her way to the guard in front of the central statue.

"You must be Lucy, my partner has warned me" The girl said, with her helmet it was impossible to deduce her age, although the voice was really childish. If it werent for the height of the soldier, Lucy would have thought it was a girl in disguise. "Lucy Crews, Lucy Crews... your digestive system is clean and no one of the people you've made contact with in the last 24 is a patient of an infectious disease. Congratulations Lucy, you're the second person to pass the initial test"


Lucy was silent for a second, not knowing what to answer. "...check again, please"


"What?"


"Please, Miss soldier, I'm sure it's impossible that I was really chosen, check again, please..." Lucy was white, confused and happy / annoyed.


"...understood, please, accompany me" The soldier began to walk towards the iron gates, crossing the crowd of enraged reporters. Lucy tried to walk as close as possible to the soldier, but even so as soon as the reporters understood the situation, they all threw themselves like wild hyenas for poor Lucy.


"HOW DO YOU ENTRY A FAILED LIKE THAT?!"

"YOUR SHIT JOURNAL WILL HAVE NEWS FROM OUR LAWYERS!"

"YOU HAVE COMMITTED A GREAT ERROR!"

"PHONY!"

"BETRAYER! OLD WITCH!"


And the verbal aggressions went even further, when an old French journalist confronted Lucy. "You will not go in!" The journalist grabbed Lucy by the hand, nailing her nails and pulling her. "I dont intend to let a failure with 10 years of failures sink the news of the century!"


"Let me go! We are friends in this job, right?" Lucy tried to wrestle with the journalist, but the man was almost two heads ahead of her and almost half a body more than her. An authentic wardrobe with 40 years of news programs behind him.


"We arent friends, fail with legs! There was a mistake! Go back and check the list! This bitch doesnt deserve to pass!" The man continued to shout at the soldier, lifting Lucy by the arm and by the neck of the shirt with his other hand. The rest of the journalists started making a circle around both of them, supporting the journalist and insulting Lucy without stopping.


"Mister, release it immediately! It's a direct order!" The soldier pulled out a white pistol with a shape more like that of a science fiction gun, pointing towards the journalist.


"Check the list!" The reporter kept shouting, completely angered. The hand that grabbed Lucy's neck tightened each time harder, beginning to cut off her breathing.


"Last warning, sir!" The soldier remained impassive, except for the trigger finger as Lucy could see from her victim position. It was evident that she had never faced a situation like this before.


 "REVISE THE FUCKED LIST-" BAAAAAANG! A sound similar to the mixture of a shot and an airplane crossing the sound barrier short the air, accompanied by a blinding explosion of light.

 

Nobody understood what had just happened, the previous sound so powerful that many of those present were stunned only by the sound wave. Lucy fell on her ass on the floor, being as stunned as the others... Until a stream of blood fell on her hair.

Frightened by the liquid, Lucy and many of the journalists close to the epicenter opened their eyes to see how the body without life (and without a head... and without a neck... and without a right arm and without part of the upper torso) of the journalist fell backwards, the blood flowing from it. Lucy trembled with fear when she could still feel the pressure of the journalist's hand on her arm... and that was still holding her hand.


Cries of terror filled the plaza, while a lower section of the giant iron gates opened. (like someone installing a child door inside another door)

From within her emerged a woman with a powerful hourglass figure covered only by what appeared to be a kind of Chinese sleeveless qipao decorated with a holster below the waist. In one hand, a lit cigarette; In the other, a smoking gun similar to that of the soldier but with the handle in an intense gold.

 

"You have me really tired, so imbecile that you are fighting among yourselves instead of celebrating that you are in a holy land" The woman continued advancing towards the group, each step that she took making it even more clear how absolutely enormous it was.

Lucy wasnt very good with the measures (unlike her big and small sisters, Lucy never was interested in sewing like her mother), but even being terrible measuring by eye it was more than evident that the woman wasnt normal.

 

More than 7 feet of woman with biceps of the size of apples distract the sight of the hair completely white and the intense red eyes. Each step she took was charged with pure physical power.

"Matriarch Valeonor, I had ordered that man to retire several times!" The soldier tried to excuse when the woman came to her side, dwarfing her... and each and every one of those present.


"That Is why I shot him, I was tired of seeing an idiot do idiot things to those around him" Valeonor turned to the rest of the journalists.

"Carmen Rodriguez from the Mexican television channel "La primera cadena" and Lucy Crews from the American newspaper Alabama Spirit"

Nobody dared to say anything. "You have not heard me?! You two meet the initial requirements! One step forward both!"


Lucy, still trying to take the hand of the assassinated journalist, slowly got up, helped by a brunette woman with a hispanic aspect with a certainly remarkable pechonality.


"You two? Perfect! My name is Valeonor, Matriarch of the army of the Goddess and leader of the foreign affairs team, I directly serve the Goddess, so dont waste my time and follow me" Valeonor turned around, donning His pistol in the holster and releasing the cigarette on the floor, turning it off with a stomp with such force and anger that some journalists even jumped back.


The Hispanic journalist helped Lucy to get rid of the arm of the dead man, throwing it on the inert body. "Come on, Miss Lucy" The journalist said in a awkward and slow English.


Lucy nodded, leaving the group of journalists pale behind her. In the depths, Lucy was really sure that life was going to play another trick on her, returning home but with a current account 5 times larger.

But the goddess fortune had decided the time to give back so many years of bad luck was this. Lucy tried to curse her bad luck, but the cold sensation of blood on her hair and each time dripping more on her back made her uncomfortable enough as they passed through the doors that opened the kingdom of the Goddess.