- Text Size +

I felt my world rising up and down despite being encased in darkness before Hannah's fingers rapidly uncurled leaving me falling until I grunted in pain as I hit a hard white floor that was a few feet below me.  Getting up slowly to be sure I had my balance I could feel the various sharp pangs of cuts and bruises all over me.   Looking up into the sky I couldn't see anything except the curved edge of the wall of the circular prison I was trapped in rising high above me and the ceiling of what I assumed was Hannah's room far far above.   Hannah herself seemed to have wandered away after dropping me here.  


I started walking back and forth to get some warmth in me.  While no longer in cold water and in what seemed to be room temperature I was still naked on a cold hard floor.  I had no idea what Hannah planned next but it was probably going to be horrible.  I could hear what could only be her moving around outside my vision doing who knew what.  This continued for about 30 minutes or so before suddenly the light coming from above went out.  A loud creaking sound came through my ears a few seconds later.  


I was wondering if this was the start of another game and looked up periodically expecting to see Hannah's face filling my world.  But ten, maybe fifteen minutes later I heard a strangle growing whistle that after a few seconds I realized was the sound of Hannah snoring.  She'd gone to sleep, leaving me in here as if I didn't matter.  


I got almost no sleep that night.  I was naked.  I had no covers.  I hadn't eaten since noon which lead to my stomach growling, everything around me was hard, I was in pain, and any time I wanted to try and forget about my situation the sounds of the titaness's snoring would remind me instantly of what I had to look forward to when she awoke.  It was probably the longest night I'd ever had and my imagination was actively thinking of steadily more horrible things that might happen. 


I don't know how long I was trapped there.  The room slowly went from almost total darkness to a faint orangish light to a brighter light of sunlight that finally let me see normally.  It felt like it'd been light for hours before I heard the massive creaking that indicated Hannah was climbing out of her bed.  I the sounds of large objects being slammed around and her movements around the room but still she didn't come over to where I was.  Then I heard her movements become fainter until I heard nothing at all for awhile before the sound of something like water rushing faintly hit my ears.  


Was Hannah going to just ignore me all morning?  Was this the next part of her torture?  Just go out and have a normal day and leave me here?  After a short while I heard the massive thumps of Hannah as she returned to the room.  They got louder and a shadow dimmed the light that was the only normal thing I still had.  Looking up, I saw Hannah looking down at me, a small smile on her face.  A drop of water about half as big as I was came falling from her hair, landing almost right next to me.  


"Enjoy!"  Hannah's voice sang happily from far above.  What did she mean enjoy?  Almost as if she could sense my confusion Hannah gave me a condescending smile.  "Enjoy the water that I so generiously gave you.  I mean I don't have to feed you after all.  I'm not your mother."   With those words Hannah's face once again vanished from view and I was left alone.


On one hand my pride felt that drinking water that fell from someone's hair was insulting.  On the other hand it'd been almost a day since I'd last had any water other than the water I'd almost drowned in the night before.  Being desperate I realized I had no choice and was soon trying to cup water in my hands to drink and then finding that slow and ineffective, sipping it off the ground.  


I didn't have too long before the sound of massive footfalls heralded Hannah's return.  This time she didn't bother looking down at me, instead picking up my prison and causing me to slide down into one of the walls as she held it at an angle as she started walking towards her destination.   Eventually she came to a stop and my jail was tilted even more and with nothing to grip I went sliding out of it until I landed on another hard surface.  


From my new position I found myself getting a good look at Hannah who'd apparently decided on a black T-shirt this morning with a picture of a giant red mouth on it with the words "Rolling Stones" above it.  I got a brief glimpse of blue jeans as Hannah sat down in front of me.  She was either wearing the same black bracelet she'd had on yesterday or a perfect copy of it.  


Her hand reached down towards me and I instinctively fell back in fear before it pulled away, not with me but with a monstrous brown object with dark blue spots.  As she bit into it I realized I was looking at a blueberry muffin and sort of drooled at the thought.  The water had helped a little but I was still hungry.   Hannah pretty much ignored me as she devoured her food until she finally popped the last bite into her mouth.


While she chewed this last bit of food she finally looked down at me.  "Oh, are you hungry?"  It came out a bit muffled as she tried to speak with her mouth full and honestly seeing the massive chunks of soggy half chewed food was disgusting but mostly I wanted to eat.  I nodded my head while shouting up at her as loud as I could.  "Yes!"


Hannah stopped chewing for a bit and gave me a considering look.  "Kneel."  Her voice rumbled the command.  I looked at her in surprise.  Why I was surprised I don't know.  Hannah had already shown how willing she was to brutalize me.  "Kneel or starve.  I don't care either way."  She continued to look down at me, waiting for my response.  Realizing she would really let me starve I went to my hands and knees and waited.  


"Good boy."  Hannah's voice held an unmistakable note of satisfaction.  Looking up I saw her mouth scrunch a bit and wondered what that meant before it opened wide and the horrible red monster of her tongue came rolling out of it.  I thought for a second she was going to repeat her taste test from the day before, until her tongue slammed into the ground besides me, running along it for a second before retracting.  Looking at where it was I saw a gooey mess.  


"You lucky dog.  I think that piece has some blueberry in it!"  Hannah's laugh rolled over me as she reached over the plate upon which she'd dropped me and picked up a massive glass cylinder that I could see was filled with with a white liquid that I realized was milk.  As she drank some I looked at the half chewed saliva covered chunk of muffin.  Could I eat this?  It was disgusting but once again who knew when Hannah would give me food again.  Gritting my teeth I reached down and pulled some of it out, attempting to find a drier piece of nothing else.  I chewed and forced it down trying not to think about what I was eating.  I continued this until my stomach was no longer growling.


During all this Hannah watched me, clearly enjoying every moment of it.  When she saw I was no longer eating she reached down with her left hand and wrapped her fingers firmly around me before grabbing the plate with her other hand.  She walked holding me almost upside down as she dropped her plate into what I assumed was the sink before walking back to her room.  The rabid back and forth movement her arm as I was being held this way so shortly after eating almost made me wretch but I managed to hold it in until she once more  dropped me, this time on a blue surface that I realized was a sheet on her bed.  Not too far I could see the pink mountain of her quilt rising up, still crumpled from when she got up this morning.  


Hannah resumed ignoring me, grabbing a few things and tossing them into her purse.  I saw her grab the coin pouch she'd shoved me in yesterday and prepared myself to return but she didn't even glance at me as she tossed it in with everything else.  Soon she seemed to be satisfied and closed her purse.  Turning back to me her left arm shot out once more, and gripped me between two of her fingers.  Lifting me up she then lowered me, before dropping me in a relatively small square room.  I seemed be sharing it with some white pillars that had brown tips that rose above me and the smell of tobacco told me where she'd decided she was keeping me today.  I only had a brief moment to look up and watch as closed the cigerette box.  My cell shook as I felt her shove it into her pocket and soon it was rocking back and forth as Hannah headed out for her day.