- Text Size +

I woke up, my back sending streams of agony down it with the slightest movement.  I reached behind to touch it and winced both at the pain and the the texture.  I had no idea how completely she'd burned me back there but from how all encompasing the agony was I was assuming almost my entire back.  


It looked like she had dropped me in that same white mug that I'd spent the first night in.  And from the snoring in the distance it sounded like Hannah was asleep too.  Just like the night before I spent the next few hours just waiting for her to wake and inflict whatever torments she had in mind next.  


The creaking of her bed and the sound of giant footsteps told me that she'd gotten up once more.  I listened to the various sounds of a giant preparing for her day.   After maybe 40 minutes or so Hannah's face appeared over the brim of my prison.  "In a hurry, no time to chat".   The speed and volume of her voice made her almost unintelligable.  Her hand appeared above me and I watched as a large mushy white thing crashed next to the wall opposite of me.  This was followed by Hannah puckering her lips and I heard a liquidy gargle before she opened her mouth and a wad of saliva came splashing in the center of the cup.  And as fast as her face appeared it vanished with the sound of feet stomping away from me.


Going around the saliva I arrived at the white object and realized it was a Cheerio.  I couldn't tell if it was mushy from being in milk or if Hannah had had it in her mouth.  Either way I was hungry and who knew what her next game would be.  Munching at it I waited for Hannah's return to drag me onto the rest of the day but silence reigned.  An hour passed and still no Hannah.  She must've gone out without me today.  This was kind of a relief as it let me just relax and focus on letting my back heal.   


The problem being what she'd left me to drink.  I stared at the puddle of saliva and finally decided to stay away from it.  More hours passed.  The Cheerio while not the best tasting was huge next to me and I nibbled on it throughout the day.  Around six hours in though I was getting horribly thirsty.  Damn her.  She knew I had no choice.  Going over to the saliva I attempted to swallow some without tasting it.  


After this the day continued to drag on slowly and eventually it got dark and still no Hannah.  What was happening?   Finally as I was starting to doze off myself I heard the sound of thumping feet.  Finally.  Except as I heard her door open and then slam shut, it was quickly followed by the sound of a creaking bed and not too long after that the sound of her snoring.  Really.  She'd ignored me except for a morning meal?


I finally managed to fall asleep, exhaustion overwhelming pain and the hardness of the floor.  Tomorrow then.  There was always tomorrow.


Except tomorrow ended up the same.   Hannah got up.  Did her morning routine, dropped some random bit of her breakfast(egg in this case) on the ground near me.  Spat liquid at me(it seemed to be orange juice rather than saliva at least) and left. 

 
Hours passed yet again.  But this time shortly after it turned dark I heard the sound of Hannah's return.  On one hand I was dreading what she would do next.  On the other I'd just spent a day and a half sealed by myself with nobody around and nothing to do.  As I waited more I heard a familiar sound in the distance.  I couldn't place it at first.  Then I realized what I was hearing.  Hannah was watching a movie.  That within a few minutes I recognized as one of the Harry Potters although I wasn't sure which one until it got farther in and I heard someone mention a basilisk.  So the second.  I sat their listening to the movie, literally the most exciting thing to happen in two days even if I couldn't watch it.


When it ended the sound of thumping feet told me Hannah had left her room.  A couple more hours passed before she returned, turned off her light, and the creaking sound of her climbing into bed reached my ears.  Once again, utterly ignoring me.  

The third day started the same.  The only difference in the morning being I recieved a chunk of half chewed grape and a stream of water.  I was worrying about the food chunks and liquid from the previous days sitting all this time with me.  Hannah still hadn't cleaned anything out.  Plus I really wanted a bath myself.  But once more she was quickly out the door.  


The rest of the day proceed about the same as the day before.  Except this time when she got home Hannah didn't watch a movie.  I wasn't sure what she was doing but whatever it was it was relatively quiet.  Reading a book?  Listening to music with an earbud?  I had no idea except yet again she eventually turned off the light and still pretty much ignored me.


Then day four.  How long was this going to last?  As Hannah's face appeared above me, this time instead of food being dropped down I watched as a chunk of white cloth wiped down over the mix of liquids in the middle of the cup followed up by sweeping up the food chunks.  I could still faintly smell the remnants as she only wiped everything out without properly cleaning but it was still better than before.  

A minute or so later she returned, repeated the process of the prior three days.  A chunk of soggy pancake and spitting water down before heading out.  And once again returning at night, doing her own thing whatever it was, and utterly ignoring me before going to bed.  I was starting to go stir crazy.  Four days of literally doing nothing.  


Waking up on day five I looked over and saw what looked like a chunk of muffin next tome and I could smell the apple juice in the center.  Had I really been that tired?  It looked like Hannah had already left and I hadn't even noticed.  How you sleep through a titan I don't know, but I had apparently done it.  


The rest of the day continued yet the same.  All day.  No Hannah.  Followed by her arrival just a little after dark.  Tonight was apparently movie night again as I listened to Beauty and the Beast blaring through the room.  As it came to an end I prepared myself for the rest of the night to be an unending period of boredom until a shadow appeared above me.  Looking up I saw a set of monstrous fingers reaching down towards me.  My mind couldn't decide if I should resist however futile it would be or be glad that I was finally going to be removed from this prison.


Not that I really had a say about the whole thing.  I was squeezed tightly between her thumb and forefinger before I could even decide what to do and soon found myself staring into Hannah's left eye.  The brown orb looked me up and down before I was shifted close to her nose and a loud sucking sniff and the feeling of air pulling away hit me.  "Ew.  You stink."  The very brief pleasure I got from actually hearing someone speak to me again was quickly erased by the amused condenscation in her voice not to mention the reminder of this entire week with her had been like, especially five nights ago.  


"Anyways my work week is over and now we have all weekend to play together.  But I can't very well play with a dirty toy so first things first!"  Hannah giggled as her hand wrapped around my form, enveloping me in darkness and pressing me so tightly that I could barely move.  As the motion of rapidly swinging back and forth made my stomach twist a bit I realised something.  Perhaps being ignored was a good thing.