- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Greg somehow survived and learns more benefits about being tiny. He also gets a " boost " to his confidence while being shrunk.

Greg slowly awoke, above him was darkness, all round was cold, his whole body was pain, everything from the tips of his hair the to the soles of his feet. Trying to move he slowly sat up, pain shooting all through his body, his ribs were definitely broken. Reaching into a pant pocket Greg pulled out a small flashlight, turning it on revealed his grave to be not his, but for ants. All around were ant parts from legs to eyes, and all of them huge, bigger than him in some cases. Checking his watch, it still flashing sync, he could see the dial was fully turned. In his final desperate attempt to survive the calamity of the falling foot Greg shrank to 1mm, it seems he was then just buried into the ground rather than turned to paste.

Slowly getting to his feet and looking outwards he saw the earth curve upwards, “ wow she really didn't like me “ he thought. Greg struggled to climb out of the crater, he eventually found foothold along the mass of ant corpses pressed into the dirt. Stumbling along the ground, barely staying on his feet. The fence was kilometers away at this size, so without a second thought he grew until his head poked above the grass.

Looking at the house all the lights were off. “ Must be pretty late” Greg guessed, “ well no harm then” he said as he grew to full size. The walk to the fence now only a few painful steps, then back down he went through the crack and up on the other-side. Safely home at last.

 

 

Jamie couldn't sleep, tossing and turning she finally gave in. Work had been so stressful lately and Ellie was growing up so fast she felt like life was just passing by. She left the bedroom and went to the kitchen for a glass of water. Idly looking from her kitchen window, lost in thought she watched as a shadow appeared in the yard, almost the figure of a man struggling to walk. Her eyes immediately widened and the grogginess left her mind. She wiped her eyes and it was gone, the shadow vanished. “ Maybe I am working too hard, now I'm seeing things” she thought as she slowly shuffled back to bed.

 

 

Sunlight beamed through the window into Gregs face. His whole body still throbbing with pain. He struggled walking around the house getting dressed and called for a taxi to take him to the hospital. Upon arrival he said he was in a horrible fall while climbing and was put into an emergency room. 2 Days later he left, covered in bandages and casts, numerous broken bones and covered in bruises. He noticed where the ants had clamped onto his body had already healed, it seems being shrunk also increased his bodys regeneration.

 

After a few days staying shrunk at home his body was almost fully healed, and good thing too because today was work day. Greg did the usual until he entered the empty space, in the distance laid a large pile of metal constructs with various weapons all over them. Greg walked to his desk looked down the sights of the screen and hit the button. The light did its work and Greg started to leave. With all the rest he had done at home he didn't really need to sit and ponder life like he used to. He then had a thought. “ My watch was on a table with some other stuff, if the watch can shrink and grow me, what could all that do?”. He made his way out into the empty space and slowly shrank until he could makout all the scrap on the ground, looking for a few minutes he spotted the desk. Shrinking down and walking to it he saw the desk had been half crushed, all that remained was what Greg could only call a wetsuit with wires attached.

 

Picking up the black wet suit he could feel how heavy it was, not the normal thin material, it felt a lot more sturdy. With the wet suit in hand he grew to around 10 cm, put the clothes on the ground then grew to full size. He could easily fit the clothes in his pocket and walk out.

 

Getting home Greg grew the suit to regular size and then found its weakness. While small he was pretty strong, but now at full size the suit weighed nearly half a tonne. He shrank back down, stripped naked and put it on. Once the suit was fully on it started moving slightly and adjusted to a tight fit then his watch flashed, the sync writing stopped flashing and turned green. His body then turned invisible, blending into the floor. Gregs eyes almost shot out of his head “ ACTIVE CAMO?!” he couldn't believe his eyes. This was amazing, no, more than amazing. It was almost magic.

 

This was a game changer, and Greg knew it. Without even thinking he ran across his house, under his door and onto the footpath. Looking down the street he looked for a test subject. Jogging down the path towards him were 2 teenage girls. Greg grew to 2 cm and started jumping around trying to get their attention. The 2 girls still moved towards him looking down as their feet pounded the pavement. Greg grew to 10 cm and kept jumping up and down. Still their shoes kept coming at him. Last test he grew to 50 cm. Jumping as hard as he could, the suit started to get heavy. Right in front of the invisible doll sized man 2 pairs of brightly colored asics trainers hit the ground then passed over him. The two teens kept running down the street without so much as a glance.

 

Greg was so delighted he immediately ran down the footpath then across his neighbors yard. He noticed the car in the driveway as he walked up to the door and started shrinking down. Its presence before filled him with fear, but now he was excited beyond belief. His heart pounded in his chest as he made his way under the door.