- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Gregs in a real tight spot now.

Greg sat up in a fright. The room was dark. He looked around, the clock next to him wasn't there. His vision was blurry, a light shone dimly along a seem in the ground. A smell came rushing into his body as a loud metallic ringing penetrated the air. A click then a gust of air ran into Gregs room through the crack as Gregs eyes focused. He was in the upside down flat. Dull thuds shook the floor as a goddess' voice rung out “what the hell?”.

Greg froze stiff, his blood turning to ice as time slowed down. Light blasted his face as Gregs room ascended into the heavens. Two large black flats with small bows on the front strain and creak as they hold the monolithic beasts inside them. Greg didn't dear to wast time looking up, his legs automatically started moving.

“ Oh god a bug, DIE” Roared the goddess above as the flats Greg just passed started releasing their grip on the floor, the sound of rubber and leather twisting then air rushing. Gregs vision started to tunnel, his smell, while still lingering of the white flat, was almost gone. The only noise he heard were drums, his heart beating at his chest. His focus became survival and his body knew it. A large leather wall landed just ahead of him but he didn't slow. Widening his strides and then leaping over the toe of the flat, using the bow to help fling himself across to the other side. Greg movements became even sharper.

“Ellie get that horrible bug”. Those words almost knocked Greg from his feet, like waking from a nightmare into an even worse nightmare. From in front of the car Greg was running towards appeared a second titan. Her long blonde hair flicking over her shoulder as she looked downwards. She wore a green blazer over a white button down shirt, green skirt above the knee and white knee high socks that descended into a pair of shiny black mary janes.

Gregs momentary lapse in concentration let one foot hit the other while still running full speed. And as he fell he knew things were going to get much worse. Tumbling along the path seeing groung and sky then darkness, his hearts drums overtaken by the earth quaking steps of the nine year old as she mercilessly did her mothers bidding. Greg rolled to a stop, face up, seeing up white towers into a white and green sky, “ Buh-bye buggy” came the words of his executioner as the hungry sole of a mary jane appeared, its sole too having a nice design with flowers. “ Huh guess the design really is for me”. His vision darkened as the shoe fell ,But the drums started once more as he kicked off to the side.

Once again he ran,” hey get back here!” boomed the sky as in the distance he heard “ Don't let that thing escape”. His legs now burning as he ran for his life. Large quakes landed behind him as he approached the car. The vehicles shadow indicating some salvation from his hunter only momentarily as the sound of scraping leather and cloth shuffling drew Gregs attention behind him. Ellie had quickly dropped to the ground and was reaching for him. Again his legs started up, now like lava pouring into his legs. The arm came fast, but not fast enough, narrowly missing Gregs bag. He left the cars protection, hearing in the background again the sound of scraping rubber on concrete and then the sudden thumps.

Ellie rounded the front of the car only to see the small black bug squeeze between the fence panels.” Dammit” she said while stamping her foot “ it got away”. “Excuse me!, we don't use language like that” said Jamie as Ellie walked towards the house, “sorry mum” she sighed as she rolled her eyes.

Entering the doorway Ellie kicked off her shoes and put them onto the rack “Dam.... Darn it when I was reaching under the car I dirtied my shoes, now I have to clean them” she said with a huff then stomping off to find the shoe polish. Jamie walked in and set the white flat back onto the rack, then noticed something on the ground. Picking it up it looked like a string with something on the end, eyeing it closely it looked like … a small grappling hook?.

Greg shuffled into his yard then grew to full size, his fences blocking the view of all his neighbors. Stumbling through the house he discarded his clothes one by one until he made it to the shower. The hot water helped wash some of the exhaustion away. He dried himself off then fell into bed. His body screaming in pain after sprinting a marathon.

Greg walked across the lounge room floor just like before, and again he was completely naked. No clothes and no watch. In the distance a booming noise grew into loud thunder as enormous shiny black mary jane slammed down infront of him, he fell over just from the force of the impact. “ Oooh one of those Greg bugs, Buh-bye” Boomed the voice as the school shoe moved up and over him, the carpet vines burning his body as it held him. The black rubber sole of the mary janes, moved with blistering speed then... Crunch.