- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Bit more setup, seems I can't stop writing extra fluff.

Greg sat on his couch at home just staring at his TV. It wasn't on, but just staring into the blackness helped him think “.... what just happened...”. Like he was in a trance, after growing to normal size he left work, past the various security checkpoints then hopped into his car and drove him. He deserved multiple acting awards for talking to the security guy on the way out about the game last night, and not about he JUST SHRANK AND GREW WITH A WATCH THAT WAS NOW STRAPPED TO HIS WRIST!!.

Before he knew it it was dark, all his house lights, on automated timers, flicked on one by one, snapping him back to reality. “OK, lets just think about this Greg” he said aloud while now making his way through the house. He made his way into the bathroom and removed all his clothes. He started inspecting his body for bruises or cuts or any wounds. “ hmm I didn't fall and hurt myself, I don't appear to have been drugged” he mused as he pinched his arm and slapped his face. He was fairly fit for a man in his late thirties, working one day a week for a large pay gives you a lot of options on how to spend your time. Deciding to sleep and make sure this definitely wasn't a dream or hallucination Greg went to bed, wishing and hoping tomorrow came after today.

*Ding Dong* Greg awoke to the sound of his door bell. Light spilled in through a cracked window curtain, it was morning and on his wrist was the watch. His heart started pounding in his chest, “what if it was someone from the company at the door?, what if they knew and had come for him?”. He knew he couldn't run, they would find him no matter where he went. Cautiously Greg walked to the door, looking at the wall mounted screen attached to his security camera he saw a delivery man with a package. He released his breathe and opened the door.

Later Greg stood in his lounge room ready to experiment. He started slowly turning the watch Counterclockwise and got smaller and smaller until he stopped shrinking, his coffee table and couch looked like mountains, the seemingly unnoticeable grooves in the tiled floor now like huge pot holes, he figured he was about 1mm tall. He started running across the floor until he was near his kitchen, then started doing various exercises. It seemed his stamina and strength had increased significantly.

Over the next few days he got more inventive, building obstacle courses out of pillows and books to play around with , he also learned he was quite durable when one of his book towers collapsed and a hardback fell on him without causing so much as a bruise. Eventually he rigged his whole house with small cords and wires to allow him access to practically everywhere in his house while small.

Wednesday came around in a flash. Work day, the day he was slightly dreading. He left the watch in his safe and went to work. All went as usual then he came home much to his surprise and delight. As he pulled into his driveway he saw his neighbor Jamie out watering her garden. She was 31 with short blonde hair, about 5' tall and fairly fit, they spoke fairly often and for a while he coached her at the gym. She had a 9 year old daughter named Ellie who was well spoken and didn't seem like a brat like most kids.

He gave her a wave and a smile and went inside. After making his dinner and sitting in front of his million foot screen watching TV his thoughts wandered, He had been all around his house now, and while it was exciting and fun he wanted more. Being a bit of an extreme sports addict he wanted a thrill. He thought about maybe wandering the streets while small but the idea of a bird or cat or some insect picking a fight with him didn't seem to great, he looked out his window towards his neighbors house and a smile crept across his face.