- Text Size +
Having rung the bell, Bridgette turned to face me.


God was she big.


Visions of Toby McGuire in the first spider-man played in my head. I knew I had to stay away from her if I wanted any chance at this.


"H-hey! Are you keeping track of the time?" I asked her, partly for fairness, but partly to buy some time.


"Oh shit!, yeah I suppose huh," Bridgette agreed. With full athleticism, she hopped out of the ring, and rummaged through her duffle bag until she found her stop-watch. She climbed back in, handing it to Andrew.


"Ok, you're the ref little guy! Let us know when I get to 5 falls, or he gets to 10 minutes, ok?"


Andrew nodded, getting ready to push the button.


"Let's try this again!" Bridgette said excitedly and rang the bell again. I heard the beep of the stop watch from Andrew.

Bridgette wasted no time in getting her hands on me. She stomped forward before I had any time to think, cutting off possible escape routes as she backed me into the corner. I nearly shit my pants as my back touched the turn buckle, still she closed in.

So I did the only thing I could think of, I charged her!

I ran out of the corner to meet her, hoping to hit her hard enough to take her down. Lowering my shoulder, I plowed into her at waist level, at least expecting to make her stumble back but to my surprise, she did no such thing.

Instead, I was stopped dead in my tracks. It felt like I ran face first into a brick wall. I kept driving my feet, hoping to gain some traction, but with minimal effort on her part, Bridgette remained unmoved.

As I tried, she simply leaned slightly against me, and her bare feet gave her the grip to hold me. I grunted and strained my hardest but I couldn't budge her.

"Are you about done?" She asked, like an unsatisfied one night stand.

The next thing I knew, her big hand was on the back of my head, forcing my face down towards the apron. I tried to resist, putting my whole body into it, but her one arm, apparently had more strength than my whole body. I groaned with exertion, but still she squashed me down until my face was in the dusty apron, and my belly was flat.

Right away, I felt her fingers snake into my hair, and I knew what was coming next. She was taking the time to rub my face in it. . . Literally. In an act of pure humiliation, Bridgette scrubbed the wrestling ring with my face.


"You ready to give up, Marcy!" She taunted, calling me a girls name. It was something that her and her supervisors always called me when they were stacking the real shit work on me.

I hated it.

That being said, she had me outmatched right now. I couldn't move at all, and she was going to rub my face raw if she kept this up. I had no other choice but to submit.

"I. . . I give! I give up!" I cried as she continued to rub.

"Say uncle!" Bridgette said, just to add to my defeat.

"Uncle! Uncle!" I pleaded, as my former boss made me feel like I was about 2 inches tall.

Bridgette let out a giggle, as she released my head from her grip and went back to her corner.

"Stop the clock Arthur!" She said smoothly.

"Uhh, my name is Andrew." He responded timidly, but I heard him press the stop button from my humbling position on the floor.

"Right! Andrew. I'm sorry about that!" Bridgette said politely using what I had come to know as the sales contract voice. That hyper sweet, phony ass voice she used when she was meeting with clients for the first time. It made me sick.

"Uhh, that's 1 minute 12 seconds down. " Andrew reported.

"Thank you Andrew." Bridgette replied, this time in her "there is no way you aren't going to do what I tell you, so I'll thank you before you do it" tone.

I have to say, that one is one of her worst. But none the less, besides my pride and a raw face, I was unharmed so I picked myself up and went back to my corner.

"Ok, one down, 4 to go Marcy!" Bridgette called from across the ring.

"Yeah, and that's the last one you're GOING to get!" I spat back, just not wanting her to get the last word.

"That's mighty big talk from someone who just got uncled by a girl younger than him!" She said, giggling.

"You're not a girl, you're a freak of nature Bridgette." I answered, probing for soft spots and nerves.


"Haha no Marcus, you're just a little pipsqueak! A tiny twerp who doesn't know when to just shut up!"



God, I hate her. It's not even that I have a problem with being small, it's just the way she says anything and everything like there is no possible way she could be wrong. She had a knack for it, and she knew it could always push my buttons. I confirmed her mark with a redder face and clenched fists.


"Oooh, Marcy's getting angry!" She baby talked me, holding her hands up in mock fear.


She was seriously asking for it. At this point, it wasn't about winning or anything. . . I was just going to do something. . . ANYTHING to that smug bitch.



"Shut up and let's go already!" I shouted at her.


"Fine, it's your funeral!" She said, before ringing the bell.


Again, Andrew started the clock.


I came out of my corner and this time, I had a plan. . . .fight dirty.


This time I would get in close on purpose and take a chunk out of her.


She stomped toward me, shaking the ground beneath me. Bridgette made a lunge for me, but I slipped her to the left, moving forward. Again I charged her, putting my shoulder into her gut. Being that she was off balance from trying to grab me, my attack struck home and was rewarded with a grunt from her.


Before she could put her arms down to secure me, I put my plan into action. I raised the heel of my foot as high as I could, and stomped down HARD on the top of her foot and toes. The effect was instant as she yelped and jumped back, holding her foot.


I gave her no time to rest, closing in on her again, and giving her my biggest shove. My timing was perfect, catching her while she was midair in a hop, and I watched in slow motion as she fell back, and crashed to the apron like thunder.


The room was silent for a moment while all 3 of us took in what just happened. Andrew was the one to break the silence.



"Holy shit! Nice dude!" He shouted in disbelief.


"Fuck yeah!" I screamed, in victory as I walked over and high fived Andrew.


Bridgette was on one knee now, not putting weight on her injured foot, although she was flexing and scrunching her toes. Her back was turned to me. I saw an opening and knew I had to take it.


I ran at her, lept into the air, and caught her around the neck in a sleeper hold, trying my best to wrap my short legs around her big waist. She shrieked in surprise, her hands going to her throat as I capitalised on the position.


Leaning my weight back, I pulled her off her knee and on to her back as I locked in my rear naked choke. We both knew she was in trouble now. Even though she was twice my size, there was nothing she could do to muscle her way out of it.


Slowly but surely, her struggles lessened. Her grunts became quiet until finally



TAP TAP TAP.


Bridgette admitted defeat and tapped out, but I wasn't about to just let it go.


"Say uncle, bitch." I whispered in her ear.


"Un. . .unc. . " she tried to say as she tapped frantically.


"Meh, I think it's beddy bye time for Bridgette" I whispered, and watched her eyes get big before they slowly closed and she began to snore.


As proud as I was of myself, I knew what my next move was. I ran and slid out of the ring, dashing for Bridgette's phone. She had no idea, but I had seen her enter her security code enough times from afar that now, in this moment, I could easily get into her phone.


I smiled big as it unlocked and I went straight for the phone function. Thoughts of who to call flashed on my mind, but I ultimately decided to keep it simple and dialed 911.


Nothing.


I took the phone from my ear and looked it over.


Full bars. . . .what the fuck.


I tried again.


Same thing.


In a last ditch effort for the future, I composed a text, detailing everything I knew about my situation, including myself, Andrew, Samantha and possibly Greta all missing, and Bridgette and her mom being to blame and sent it, hoping that it would go out the next time service was available.


Not knowing how much longer she would be out, I tucked the phone back into her bag and climbed back into the ring, waiting patiently in my corner. I gave Andrew a look, but said nothing.


"Should we. . . I don't know, check on her or something?" Andrew suggested.


"Fuck no! She is lucky I don't put her out of her misery, honestly!" I snapped at him. "We owe her nothing! All's fair in love and war so she can't be mad that I beat her at her own game!"

"Marcus! You can't mean that!" He said, shocked.

"You think they give a fuck about us?! They gave you to some crazy preteen girl as part of the throw away pile, and this chicks mom broke every rib I have, and got herself off on my screams dude!" She deserves everything she gets and more. " I said coldly.


As I said this, she snapped back to consciousness with a big gasp. Her eyes were wide and her hair was a mess. She looked around like she didn't know where she was as she wiped the drool from her face. When she remembered what she had been doing, her head turned in my direction. I could tell she expect me to have a smug look on my face, but no such luck. My expression was perfectly calm.

"Welcome back." I said, only a tiny bit of cockiness in my voice.

Bridgette didn't say anything as she stood back up, and quickly finger combed her fair back into place.

"So. . . . We never actually discussed what happens if I knock YOU out, did we?" I said, leaving my perch in the corner.

"Nothing. You get credit for the time it took and that's all." She said coldly.

"But. . .but that's not fair!" I whined. "It should be an automatic win for me!"

"Business 101 Marcus: when you make a deal, always ask for exactly what you want." She answered, but I really didn't sense any attitude in it. It was more like she was actually trying to teach me a valuable lesson.

"How much time is left anyway?" She asked, turning to Andrew.

"7 minutes." He said,

"Hmm. . . I better pick up the pace huh?" She said, wiping sweat from her forehead. "You ready?" She asked, looking at me?

"Do I really have a choice?" I countered, dejected.

"Hey, you already got me once! You should be proud of yourself. I don't know that I could take down someone as big as I am to you!" Bridgette commented, no hint of sarcasm present. She actually did seem happy for me.

"Alright I guess. . . ." I said, knowing it wasn't a great idea. I probably should have ran when I had the chance.

Bridgette turned and rang the bell, while Andrew started the timer.

I knew I couldn't use the same trick twice, and seeing as how it was the only one I had, I decided to go back to just avoiding her. As I predicted, she pushed straight ahead, eager to pay me back. She had her big hands up in a grapplers stance, ready to grab me and do all sorts of unpleasant things to me, but I waited til the last possible moment to make a move.

As she closed in, I anticipated her lunge, and was able to duck underneath her left arm. I felt her hand brush my hair as I came up on the other side of her. I quickly ran to the other side of the ring while she turned around.

"You slippery little shit!" She said, brushing a stray hair out of her face. "It just makes it that much better when I finally get my hands on you!" Bridgette said optimically.

Again she stalked me back into the corner, her casual saunter, that still managed to shake the ground beneath me was unnerving. She knew my escape was impossible, but it didn't seem like she was minding the clock. I don't know if that was intentional or not.

As she pounded towards me, I prepared to dodge her again, but she stopped short, and didn't lunge this time. She only sized me up for a brief second, before taking another step in and another, and just like that, because she never grabbed for me, she had me effectively trapped and she knew it.

"What now?" She asked me as her body completely dominated my view.

That was a good question. . . . I did the only thing I could. . . Ran. As quick as I could, I bolted to the right, staying as close to the ropes as I could, and I was relieved as I slipped past her aga-

FUCK. . .

I jerked my arm. . . It wouldn't budge.

She had me.

I looked back to see Bridgette's long fingers, wrapped tightly aroundy scrawny wrist. Fingers long enough to probably encircle it twice over.

I leaned away from her, putting my weight into pulling my arm free, but our weight difference was brutally clear as she just stood flat footed, restraining me.

She allowed me to fight briefly, watching me with an amused little smirk as I pulled like a fish on the line. I tried to pry her fingers off with my own, but they wouldn't budge. Try as I might. . . I was fucked.

"Uh oh Marcy! Looks like you're out of options huh?" She baby talked me again. With that, she began to reel me in. I dug in my heels, but it did nothing to detour her. In one quick motion, she jerked my arm and I was yanked into her waiting stomach. My face bounced off her sweaty torso, leaving me in a daze and with a disgusting glisten.

Before I could even react, she had me. I watched in slow motion as she crouched, her smiling face appearing in my blurry vision. When her head was even with mine, her impossibly wide wing span swooped in around my defenseless torso. I wasn't even able to get my arms inside the hold to offer some resistance.


Bridgette's long, toned arms coiled around me like a boa constrictor, before breaking me out of my trance as she snapped her grip on me.


Pain. . . . .


Just. . . . . Pain.



My whole torso was overcome with white hot pain as Bridgette began to compress me in her arms. A moment later, she stood, scooping me off the ground like I weighed literally nothing. My feet dangled uselessly several feet off the floor. The pain was so absolute, I couldn't form coherent thoughts and so my body hung limp.


Bridgette held me in the pain, staring me in the face calmly as she casually shut down my bodies functions. Struggling was impossible, breathing wasn't happening, and even just groaning was ceased. As the seconds passed, my face began to change shade after shade of red and finally blue and I faded out. At this point, Andrew had seen enough and made an attempt to protect me.


He rushed to Bridgette's side and began to frantically tap her.


"LET HIM GO! HE'S HAD ENOUGH!" He screamed at her.


Bridgette only smirked, but she did loosen her arms. Immediately Marcus inhaled hard, his lungs finally able to expand. Andrew looked relieved, but he was still nervous as Bridgette hadn't put him down yet.

She just stared down at Andrew like he was some pathetic little bug.

"Uhh. . . You can put him down now. . " Andrew suggested quietly, not wanting to anger the blonde giant, holding his only ally in her arms.

"No. . . . I don't think I will. . " she responded thoughtfully. A split second later, her arms cinched in and cranked again, eliciting a sickening crunch from Marcus' unresponsive form.